Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 03:32:55
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Rest in peace -> The Loop & Black Bottom Started by: Penquin- on Jan 01, '14 13:29

You seem rather intent on burying this as quickly as you can Carlo, which really doesn't seem fair, or respectful to the dead. Now I'm not demanding the attackers to give their reasons, nor do I or anybody else have the power or the right to ensure that they do, but it's hardly uncouth to want to know the reasons behind mass slaughter, especially for the next of kin. Additionally, if a leader can rationalize their actions then it can make the deaths seem a hell of a lot less senseless, which is a positive for everybody really. And if they can't, then it's going to shed a lot of light on them as a person and a leader, to kill so many with so little reason.

I agree with Ziva here, now is not the time to move on and bury heads in the sand just because "what's done is done". If this were the way for everything, then actions would have no consequences. And it does definitely liven up the streets. If you're scared about next of kin bitching and moaning, then let them - what are they going to do, but bitch and moan? At least they'd have a concentrated place to do it. 

Anyway, my respects to the dead. May they rest in peace.

Schroeder bows his head for a moment before moving on, wondering if anyone will be back to share some reasoning for the violence.

Report Post Tip

I think it would be odd for mafiosos not to be able to find information such as causes of war from the streets. Many of us are connected enough to be able to fish for information if we wanted to - the damage of the war would be too great for it not to be talked about, especially in this sort of environment.

Those with knowledge of the war do not need to necessarily stand on top of a soapbox in the middle of the street and make an announcement. They could be overheard at a restaurant...someone could intercept a letter written by them...a phone call could be recorded.

Even when the reasons are told, people will still speculate whether or not the given reasons were true. But I believe that sort of speculation is good for business...not the speculation that comes about when no one has heard anything about anything.

Report Post Tip
Telkin rubbed his temples in slow small circles with the tips of his pointer and index fingers as he listened to the debate. He sighed, having heard this same debate in the records of his ancestors only about ten thousand times. So and so did this. This guy over here wanted to prevent it so he did this. Kin of those who died come to streets demanding explanations. Some get frustrated and suicide. Most just moved on. Shaking his head sadly, he lit a cigarette and began to speak,

"I won't get into the whole debate side of this speech, as I find it mind numbingly repetitive and completely pointless, however I would like to give my sentiments to those who fell. It is always rough be slain in your sleep, and I sincerely hope that your next in line(s) don't hold any grudges for whatever reasons there may or may not have been for these take downs."
Report Post Tip

In my opinion, a speech should always be made after you have gone to war and come out the other side of it victorious. Maybe not right away, but within the first 24-48 hours at the most. Not making a speech just makes you look like a twat who doesn't give a shit about their actions or how they are perceived.

You may say "Why would a Godfather need to give a shit about how their actions are perceived? They're the Godfather, they worked hard to get where they are, and therefore do not need to explain their reasons to everybody." That would be all well and good, however, the Godfathers would be literally nothing were it not for the rest of the population. A Godfather is pretty much powerless, without the backing of his city, the city that is made up of people that benefit from seeing their Godfather come out and make it just that little bit more clear why things happened the way they did, and why the actions were necessary.

If a speech never happened, you could understand a member losing a little bit of respect for his Godfather, and over time, getting to the point where they no longer want to support them. This then becomes a problem for the Godfather, as he has a city that no longer supports him, and no longer wants to fight for him. (I know I'm using 'him' a lot, but it's just easier that way.)

As I said, Godfathers are nothing without the backing of his city. A backing he only maintains, if the correct protocols are met, and the highest of standards are kept to.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
Not everyone is connected, nor does everyone have time to idle about various coffeehouses to piece together information. Two Godfathers where removed, along with two crew leaders, something needs to be said. It is bad for business to continue down this road of silence and stonewalling. It almost seems like the powers that be get a kick out of conducting dirty deeds then leaving the general public in the dark.

This thing of ours is founded upon talking about what has happened. Coming out to the streets, be it arrogant, humble, or indifferent, you capture our attentions and tell your tale. It is the life blood of this world. As of late, it has been on the decline, at points it seems nearly lifeless. I just hope that it will begin to beat again and stories shall be told.
Report Post Tip

To put it simply, when no speech is made, it gives creedance to the most negative of rumours. If the Godfathers believe in their actions enough that they've wiped two districts over it, they should have nothing to hide by coming out and putting it into context somewhat. When what has happened is met only by silence, the rumors get ore and more out of hand, less and less likely to be true.

As Teofilo pointed out, the Godfathers are nothing without their backing from the people. The worse the rumors lead the people to believe of them - and I'll say myself I've heard some pretty grim ones over this, ones I truly hope will be dispelled - the less backing they will have.

They don't HAVE to do anything. But in some ways, it's not a great idea to do nothing.

Report Post Tip

"As one of the messed up freak accidents my father made (Aka decedent of one of the fallen) I feel like it shouldn't be generalized that all of us come in here to bitch about being killed. A lot of us who have had extensive family living on these shores know that sometimes you just get killed. My father wasn't exactly the most active community member and really had no reason to die since he wasn't even that high up in the ranks of this life of ours. He still was killed and as most of my family has done I have moved on already. I understand we cant all have tea parties and be happy with each other but cant we as mafioso at least show a bit of class? I think there is a time and place for such conversations and the streets usually don't get you results but if you feel the need to vent then feel free too. People shouldn't really harp on these people. They are of course frustrated and just want to release their inner turmoil. All in all cant we change the subject already and say discuss the future? Or maybe lets talk about how the business district kind of seems dead. Any ideas or thoughts on that topic instead? I personally think it would be fun to see a bit more love for the business district happen and maybe some cool new faces can open up some of their own places and get the business district hopping again?"

Mist looks around at everyone and steps off her soap box hoping that she wont be teared to shreds for her opinions. 

Report Post Tip

It's barely been 24 hours. There was over 6 days between the take down of Lynch and Anomaly et al and any "official" word from a Godfather, all of a sudden everyone is in uproar. Surely by the precedence set by your own Godfather Ziva anything less then 6 days is a success for us not in the know. 

We heard nothing regarding Ladyfighters death except for musings in OOC and nothing regarding Paul_Klint. Nothing regard Redrum_ either yet nobody kicked up such a fuss regarding there deaths and the demand for answers. Whilst I have absolutely no idea and don't speak for him, I'm sure Godfather JakeLuciano currently has something in the pipelines for all the deads offspring to deny.

Report Post Tip

Don't be so blinkered, Desmand.

After the Lynch and Anomaly take down, there were two other wars. One of which started barely 24 hours after the initial take down. Your memory is clearly excellent in remembering how long the speech took to arrive, but obviously not so great at remembering that that was a time of a lot of upheaval in our world. As the times after take downs go, this is pretty damned calm. There isn't any reason that can particularly be seen for the delay.

Oh, and uh, my Godfather dealt with the speech regarding Lynch and Anomaly. Unless my memory is badly failing me, we're still waiting for the speeches on New York and on the takedown of Paul_Klint from the other Godfathers. Also seems fair to mention that North Side did not fight in this last take down. So don't try to make out that he's the one not getting shit done.

You also might notice, that before directing such comments to me about the precedent set by my Godfather, that I'm hardly sat here demanding such a speech right this moment. As long as one comes, I don't really care much when.

I'm also not particularly sure that any of this could be called "uproar"...

Report Post Tip

Adjusting her hair after a long trip EM comes to the streets to listen.

My mother, Kalebear, enjoyed working under you and G_man. It is a regret that she could not have been around more do to a trip back to the old country for a spell. I hope those that have fallen rest in peace.

Report Post Tip

Lmao its the Cyhlazar way. You just like the west side and New York all died cause somehow they got a hold of info that you all were planning to attack them. Funny isnt that? Very convenient for them that the info landed in there lap and now they have divisions in nearly every district. I think you may call that mafia strategy. Goodluck current West Side and North Side cause your time will come when they feel they want more and your the victims of another power hungry attack. Im surprised they wasted time with having people voted in as CL as they were quick to take Brooklyn for themselves, SI your most likely next lol.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Rest in peace -> The Loop & Black Bottom
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL