Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 05:28:26
Page:  1 
The Letter of the Law - West Side. Started by: Helix on Jan 04, '14 03:45

Looking around in awe at my new office, I lie back on my white leather chair and can’t help but smile to myself. With my father passing away in what feels like a distant memory, I was left to fend for myself on the streets of West Side, Chicago, and yet here I am now in a newly renovated office, in a reputable law firm situated in Chicago. Slightly lost in my thoughts, my assistant raps his knuckles on the door and motions for me to come outside and address the masses that occupy my world. Acknowledging the assistant with a simple nod of my head, I walk to the mirrored wall, check to make sure my new suit was straight, feel for the gun in my gun holster, and the gun I have down the back of my trouser waistband, and follow the assistant out of the building.

Opening the big metal doors and stepping out onto the streets, I look around and see a lot of familiar faces and esteemed guests from families that frequent our four cities. Trying my best not to be fazed by the arrival of all these important people, I allow my assistant to finish introducing me, and take a step forward whilst clearing my throat.

“Ladies and gentleman, as you have already heard, I have been asked by God Father Cantona, and his right hand, Brendan, to extend West Side’s illegal business enterprises. Subsequently, I have been offered a senior partner position in ‘Smith & Wesson LLP’. In addition to this, I have specifically been asked by God Father Cantona, to take people under my wing and to teach them tricks and trades of our specific lifestyles. You may be asking yourself ‘Who is he to take people under his wing and teach thugs our ways of life’. My family line has been intertwined with this lifestyle for many generations and has worked with some of the best leaders that our lands have offered. Alas, I hope to keep up these high standards that have been set in the past and lead our generation of tomorrow into a prosperous and rewarding future.”

With a slight pause to allow people to talk amongst themselves, I move on to the next point of my small speech.

“Although he knows how grateful I am, I would like to take this moment to thank Cantona for gifting me with this precious opportunity to enrich the society of West Side, Chicago, and beyond. I came to Chicago in an intimidated and quietened manner, and through the teachings of my forefathers and Cantona, I stand here today, much the better person.

“With my thanks to Cantona, and West Chicago, I thank you all for listening to this small speech of mine, and wish you all a nice day.”

Bowing to the crowd, I walk back into the newly acquired building and allow my assistant to wrap up this public appearance.

Report Post Tip

Congratz buddy, I'm sure you will fine job in West Side. Best wishes on your new fancy HQ and may it grow prosperous!

Report Post Tip
Congrats Helix. I know you will do great <33
Report Post Tip

Incognito walks into the middle of the crowd with no idea of what is going on, he stares at all of the people in amazement while he holds his favorite smoke canister. "This is the perfect place to try my newest disappearing effect!", He thinks to himself while he gets ready to pull the pin before losing his balance and smacking his face against the pavement. The canister rolls into the middle of the crowd and does absolutely nothing while Incognito slowly comes to and hears only the ending of the short speech.

"Much the better person..."

His eyes light up. They're finally recognizing his brilliance! Incognito runs towards the stage excitedly before falling down an open sewer grate, slamming into the murky waters below. 

Report Post Tip

Zorya tugs off her fur cap in a brief salute before jamming it back on her head. The cold Chicago wind had a way of getting under your skin if only a little bit was exposed.

"Congratulations, Helix dear. I vish you and your family the best on your new venture. You vill find a crate of vodka vith a bow on it in your headquarters. Use it vell, I had it shipped from Poland."

She grins and gives him a final wave before jamming her hands into her coat and stalking off into the cold Chicago night.

Report Post Tip
JonnyBeRed was near the back of the crowd of people, essentially invisible in his meaninglessness. He wasn't one of the important people who were in attendance. He noticed with some admiration that Helix seemed to have no trouble addressing the crowd. Public speaking had always bothered Jonny. After the speech was over (thankfully it was short, this being winter in Chicago) Jonny held back near the edge of the crowd as people pushed their way up to congratulate Helix. Finally, he was able to catch his eye from about 20 feet away. He nodded his head once, then turned and walked away.

Good job, sir.
Report Post Tip

Congrats. I'm glad to see you in this position. I know you'll do a good job under the lovely Sprozz. 

Report Post Tip

Congratulations little one, not such bad a achievement for someone who doesn't understand the glory of rainbows but I'm sure you can learn that along the way!

Report Post Tip

Helix, I've known your bloodline for a while now and have nothing but good things to say about them, so if you are anything like your ancestors this is not only a long time coming but you will do an outstanding job. I wish you the best of luck and am honored to call you a friend. 

Dean raises a glass and toasts to helix

As we say in my family......HELIX FOR AUTH!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on the new family Helix! Glad to see the West Side expanding!

Professor raises a glass in celebration

Report Post Tip

We've been buds for quite some time now Helix, I'm glad that you've gotten this. You've earned it.

Report Post Tip
It is said that I hate you and wish you to fail. That isn't true, I almost like you and I want to see you do we'll. Once upon a time you succeeded, and here and now, you shall succeed again.
Report Post Tip

As Tokyo stumbled around the streets looking for her hands, literally her personal limbs, she bumped into Ragnarok. 

Oh hi.

She raised her stubby arm as if to wave, but then remembered the accident. Tokyo sighed, she'd need to go see the Dr. This dreary fate distracted her from Ragnarok blocking her path to excellence.

Congratulaions Helix! The gift of vodka that Z sent over should have my name on it too. I wanted to send rum, she wanted to send vodka. Obviously she won. You better enjoy it as she put all the work into the gift and had it shipped from Poland! The best and most kind wishes of greatness to you and your new business ventures. 

Report Post Tip

Dempsey approaches Helix extends his hand to the new leader…

Congratulations old friend, I know you will great things in West side. Wish you nothing be the best on your new found journey.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Letter of the Law - West Side.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL