Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 23:33:25
Page:  1 
A Wiggling Service Announcement Started by: WiggleButt on Jan 08, '14 13:19

Witnessing the screams, the demands for answers, the rotten tomatoes being thrown, the remarks of personal sexual preferences, the dog having a conversation with TokyoZombi (wait did I just see that correctly? Damn those are good brownies), the protesters streaking through the town center, and the unhappy pitch fork wielding civilians chanting "We want answers!". WiggleButt deemed it time to step in and maybe make some's day a little more brighter. 

"Hello everyone!"

After he opened his mouth, the angry mob of protesters looked directly at Wiggle and screamed:

"WE WANT ANSWERS! TELL US WHAT WE WANT TO HEAR OR WE SHALL BURN DOWN YOUR BAKERY AND STEAL YOUR MUFFINS THAT SURVIVED!"

In defense of his bakery, Wiggle stood brave and erect. 

"Instead of waving your fists in anger, instead of burning shit you pyro's, why not give it a break for a bit? Now I understand, if someone steals your cookies, if someone smacks your lady on the ass in a crowd at the bus stop, your going to wanna know whodunnit' am I wrong? You don't always get the answers you seek. Much in the case of recent events. Does it suck? Sure it sucks. Everyone wants to know why things happen around us. Especially when it deals with bloodshed. However; is it mandatory for individuals to fill us in? Absolutely not. I mean really everyone, think about it. Your getting angry over the fact that Godfathers are making decisions without notifying anyone.

Now don't get me wrong, it probably would serve some justice and I know everyone feels that being it was a public matter especially with the community voting people into a competition that many deemed out of control or pointless, that they have the right to know why things are being handled the way they are. I get that part I truly do, but we are at a point in time where new ways of life effect everything we do. This world has never seen such an overhaul before. Our Godfathers are just as new to the new arrangements as are we. We change to fit the world as it changes around us, evolution if you may. With change, comes change. It doesn't necessarily mean old ways continue to be the "way". Now there was a point in time where Pick Pocketing was completely frowned upon when the community was given the say so to do it. There was a point in time where just one ounce of disrespect to a higher rank would call for a bullet with your name on it. There was a time where hit listing had a purpose and was used as such. There was a time, well fuck it, I think you get the point. 

Basically times change and we adapt to them. During the changes there is always an uproar and it's only expected because once things become routine it's hard to make that change. It feels uncomfortable or out of place, never-the-less time doesn't slow down because of it, so either you adapt or you don't. Now I'm not saying this is a sign of change, but I am saying that regardless whether it is or not, it's not their god given purpose in life or a rule of thumb to fill in those of us behind the curtain. If they do then great, and honestly, would it really change anything given they do?

If they came out and said, "We did it because we wanted the LOLZ," "We did it because we had intel," "We did it because well fuck, they were just too damn sexy," it still wouldn't change the fact that it has happened. To be honest, I'd be willing to bet regardless of reason they may possibly announce it still wouldn't be good enough for the majority of the community. Screams of lies, continuance debates, questioning why it was the motive, so on so forth would arise. Yet again sparking more insults to be thrown. 

Let's face it, you're not going to get the answers you seek, and nothing ever satisfies the feeling of loss for friends or loved ones. You can agree, disagree, or be neutral. Now the debate for whether they should come out about it is rather intriguing, but it still isn't going to solve anything to attack people in the manner of which I have seen. It makes absolutely no sense to be honest. I'm shocked they have stood by and continued to watch it. But that's my opinion. Feeding the fire gets you burnt. 

So this is what I suggest, instead of freaking out, sticking people with forks whether large or small, come up with idea's or maybe some logical intellectual basis to your argument. Shoot it out in a speech and maybe it falls onto listening ears. I don't know if it will work, nor am I saying everyone should but it may get peoples attention a bit quicker rather than demanding answers by "I knew I was right!." I as well disagreed with the competitions as well but it was not my place to call out it's authenticity or reasoning. 

Regardless if we foretold things to happen in the manner of which they have or not, it has happened. It was what they wanted to try and it's what they have earned the right to do whether me, my neighbor, or my neighbors annoying bitch of a mother agrees with it or not. It's how the Mafia works. So please, fill me in if I'm wrong and feel free to bash me if this hurt anyone's feelings. I stand up for what I feel is right, but I'm also a believer that two wrongs don't make a right. In the Mafia world, demanding answers for decisions made by hierarchy is wrong plain and simple. No matter what the case may be. Whether you feel the silence of the Godfathers is not doing anyone justification, it solves nothing by being confrontational about it."

The mob thinks about it for a second, looking as if they may understand the words that are coming out of his mouth, then suddenly someone yells:

"TELL US NOW!"

Shaking his head WiggleButt see's his attempt was an complete failure and heads to the bunker below his bakery. God how he will miss that bakery. 

Report Post Tip

Galvani ponders over what WiggleButt has said...

I am not one to ask questions and demand answer for something that can't be undone. The GodFathers made their decision and nothing can change that. The shots were fired and nothing can change that. Agreements and disagreements were said nothing can change that. I may not be well known in these streets but from what I just heard, I couldn't help it but to agree with Mr. Wigglebutt. 

From what I have learned in the family I currently am apart of; loyal at that, don't expect to always be informed but to trust you are in good hands. Actions are taken from our leaders whether we like it or not. It may be out of context but it is true. The acts have been done and time continues to tick forward. 

Galvani then catches up to WiggleButt to make a fresh order of chocolate muffins.

Report Post Tip
Lets give it a break he says! What a grand idea, said no one ever. Giving it a break would mean these streets will die quickly and the tumbleweed a will overtake the place once again. People demanding answers and pushing for them may irk some, but its our god giving rights to ask. This thing of ours was founded in the streets, and I for one will not sit around and watch them die.
Report Post Tip

"I believe confrontation does do something about it because it's a negative consequence for those at the top when they do something without thinking. There will always be rabble yelling purposelessly in the street after wars, but if the number grows to a certain point shouldn't those at the top start to reconsider some of the details of these past problems? There is a value in protesting, if you explain why you are protesting, and I simply can't possibly agree with the policy of waiting for those that made the mistake to come up with the correct answer. That seems counterproductive."

"As I just said elsewhere, blindly following a system leads you no where better. Asking questions is the public's best defense to leaders trying to request their followers do just that."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This thing of ours was founded in the streets, and I for one will not sit around and watch them die.

I never mentioned anything about letting it die, I actually promoted the activity by stating to make speeches. I was simply stating that it can be done in a different manner.  

I believe confrontation does do something about it because it's a negative consequence for those at the top when they do something without thinking.

Confrontation is one thing, calling them out is another and demanding answers is another as well. Shedding light on the situation is one thing, arguing it's unjust for them to come public and getting no where is another.

I agree with some of the protesting with regards to how bad of an idea the competition was. I'm simply making it known that you may not get the answers you seek in one manner, so try another approach. Confrontation doesn't always get you what you want, it sometimes makes it worse. Put yourself in the shoes of theirs, if you were to come up with an idea, it didn't pan out and the majority was correct alright? So then people turn demand answers for why it didn't work or the decisions you make once you realize it wasn't suitable, would you be quick to explain yourself? Or would you say, "Hell if they are going to be dicks, then let em suffer?" 

I see it at both angles really. I think an explanation would help settle some of my curiosity sure, but I also know it's nothing I should expect or feel obligated to receive. 

Your grateful for sharing your opinions as you are entitled them, however; in no means am I trying to "kill" the streets nor is my advice trying to persuade such. If you know me then you know that would be the last thing I would want. 

Report Post Tip

"You can look to a discussion not to long ago to see at least one of my questions being regarded to as a personal attack or demand. I don't understand the need for information being passed in a nonpublic way, so I support asking questions or actually demanding answers. As for putting myself in their shoes, I already have and told a few of them how to solve some of the problems. They chose to ignore it and follow the decisions they made despite my informing them it was a terrible idea."

"This hiding behind only private explanations and ignoring questions incited anger in the people, I could probably pick at the questions they're asking or reasons they're demanding but I won't because those at the top brought this down on themselves and now it's their turn to answer. So I guess I'm saying 'Hell if the Godfathers are going to be dicks about spreading information, then let them suffer.'"

"As for killing the streets, you're obviously an avid supporter so any suggestion made personally at you is ludicrous, but the concept you are choosing to put forward hints at a mindset that does in fact kill street activity. I disagree with the accuser over whether or not one speech could possibly do any real damage at all, but I also can't pretend it had zero negative effect."

Report Post Tip
So you're saying we're expecting too much? All that's being asked is explanations, which any GF/CL worth a shit has given in the past.

My expectations are all but gone.

NEW SCHOOL BABY!!! We don't answer to shit or explain a fucking thing!

Overdoing it? Nope.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I agree with some of the protesting with regards to how bad of an idea the competition was. I'm simply making it known that you may not get the answers you seek in one manner, so try another approach.

See Don Wiggle, I appreciate your concern for the noise on the street. Maybe you prefer the streets cold and quiet in the winter! But winter has yet to come! Perhaps you should take into account something else, if I may. When two people are squaring off, sometimes the person that takes the most damage is the one that gets in the middle... Your reasons might be right for coming out. But just saying, let the 'powers that be' address the issue. It is the mob afterall!!! 

Report Post Tip

So you're saying we're expecting too much? All that's being asked is explanations, which any GF/CL worth a shit has given in the past.

I know of numerous times in the past that an explanation was never given for a circumstance. Did they catch heat for it? Yes. Do I believe explanations should be given being it's for the better for the community? Yes, after all it's the lower members that have the numbers and really do make this world of ours. 

See Don Wiggle, I appreciate your concern for the noise on the street. Maybe you prefer the streets cold and quiet in the winter

Not only in my main speech did I state this is not true but I also voiced it in my rebuttal. Before jumping on the "Your killing the streets" bandwagon at least come up with something that contains a bit more substance rather then the scary "those who get in the middle receive the most damage" ideology. In no way am I saying to quit. Hell, protest all you want, voice your concerns, burn down Hq's if that's how you feel. If you actually take a second and listen to my speech then you would see where I'm coming from rather then have anger speak for you. I did this to see if maybe I could direct some to doing it in another manner, if there isn't then go for it.

I agree with the views of those who are demanding answers and I have stated it. You turning your anger on me is just proving my point which is that your just going off ambition rather then really coming up with something useful to say that hasn't been argued a hundred times. If you don't think this speech has reached the ears of the Godfathers showing my stance on the whole situation then you are sorely mistaken. 

Report Post Tip

As much as I like to hear the explanations of why so and so was taken out, I don't feel it needs to be announced publicly in the streets!  I don't think a Leader of a family needs to explain anything to the public.  Maybe an explanation to other Leaders, but even that might not be totally needed.  If such Leader feels the need to inform other leaders of his reasons for action then fine, and once he's told them then they can go about letting the rest of there crew know if he feels the need to.

Though when someone does come out into the streets and explains there reasons it does create a reason for people to visit the streets and voice there opinion and there's nothing wrong with that.  

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it don't! Maybe sometimes the only people that needed to know why already knew so there was no need to explain in the streets.

Report Post Tip

Standing at the front of the crowd being one of the quiet ones and listening closely to Wiggle, pondering on everything that was said and the outrage from others.  Being a new member of everything here and still confused how things work the way they work he walks out of the crowd and sits at the bench waiting on the bus.

Yesterday was a extremely hard day for me, hardest due to the part I knew really only 2 other people outside my family.  I understand things are done for other reasons and I understand the Godfather council makes decisions for certain reasons/aspects.  I have learned a lot from yesterday and continue to learn things on a daily basis so far in this game.  I thank you Wiggle for your input and listening to everyone else.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Wiggling Service Announcement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL