Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 21:40:35
Page:  1 
A Monkey on the Loose! Started by: JonnyBeRed on Jan 09, '14 16:10
JonnyBeRed is standing on the street corner, his normally perfect shirt and vest combo messed up and askew. He is yelling and waving his arms around like a mad man. He is saying:

THE MONKEY IS OUT THERE! I HAVE SEEN HIM!

The wild look in Jonny's eyes does show a spark of sanity in them, despite all other evidence to the contrary. He continues:

There is a monkey on the loose. Thrice I have encountered him. Each time, he runs up to me, gives me a cup of fresh, cool, clean water, and then runs away again! Oh, but how that water is good! It is so refreshing!

Have any of you seen this Refreshing Monkey! Please, if you have, stand here and help me let the world know! This monkey must be found! Why is he so refreshing! Does he work for the beavers, or even for a bear?! HELP ME FIND THE REFRESHING MONKEY!!!
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sat in a stuffy office on the corner of one of the busier streets in the city, Ziva sits, wishing profusely that she'd taken a seat a little further away from the roaring fire. She was waiting to speak with her lawyer, a man charged with the often somewhat difficult task of dealing with the legal troubles that she managed to get herself in - even after all this time in the business, with corrupt cops passed down through the generations sometimes, there was the occasional scrape that still required legal attention. Today's particular concern was that she was a suspect in a recent truck heist - not a big deal, nothing she couldn't pay her way out of, or at the very most, do a short jail sentence for - and at this point in her career, jail was almost like a holiday camp vacation.

Leaning back in her chair while the lawyer took a call from the reception area, she sat up with a jolt as she heard the door crash open - she hadn't realized she'd been on the point of dozing off. Turning her head around, expecting the lawyer, she instead saw - and she blinked hastily to confirm this - a monkey!? Holding a cup of water?! Too startled to react in any other way, when the monkey offered her the cup, she took it. As she stuttered out a shocked thank you, he ran back out of the room, leaving the cup as the only evidence she wasn't dreaming.

Drinking the water, she suddenly felt fantastically refreshed, but a deep puzzlement set in her mind.

Who could've sent this monkey? Leroy, in a last show of care and love? Or perhaps something more sinister. Perhaps... the beavers!

Heading out onto the streets, not even waiting for the return of her lawyer, she quickly spots JonnyBeRed stood out on the corner shouting about a monkey. Running over, she grabs his arm.

Jonny, what the fuck was that? The monkey!? What a refreshing little fellow! I fear something more sinister may be afoot though. We need to find this guy. I think he went that way.

She points around the corner.

Maybe we should follow him?

Report Post Tip
Of COURSE we should follow him! Wait, I have an idea!

JonnyBeRed grabs the next person to walk by.

You! Stand here. Yell about monkeys!!!

With that, he starts running in the direction that Ziva was pointing at a full sprint.
Report Post Tip

As Jonny grabs a passerby to continue spreading the message of random acts of monkey-ness, Ziva makes the snap decision that her shoes - beautiful as they were - were only going to have a detrimental effect to her ability to track down this strange phenomena, and to torture interrogate charm any links to beaver domination plans out of it. Despite the obvious dangerous of tearing through a city barefoot, she decides to take one for the mafia world and way of life and pulls them off, stashing them carefully in her handbag. Hopefully, this matter would be quickly resolved, but if things turned ugly and she couldn't get to her gun... stiletto heels had their uses.

As Jonny sets off running, she blinks in surprise before quickly following him, pulling her hair up into a high ponytail as she goes.

Jonny, have you got a plan for after we find this thing?

She calls out as she closes the distance between them.

Report Post Tip
Jonny saw Ziva quickly catching up behind him as he ran, putting her hair up as she closed the distance.

Man, I need to get into shape! All those hours hunched over books at my desk aren't really helping me anymore!

He is already beginning to slow a bit as Ziva catches up to him.

I'm... An... Accountant!!.... he says between gasping for each breath.

No, I don't have a plan! What do we do? Did you see where it went? It must be near a water cooler or something!
Report Post Tip

Kilgore stepped onto the curb. Mid-chew with half eaten banana in hand, he paused to size up JohnnyBeRed, quietly mulling over what he assumed to be the delightfully adverse effects of Bolivian marching powder. With a few more hasty chews, he swallowed his mouthful and stepped forward.

Hey buddy, I'd be careful about throwing that 'M' word around. Might be somebody's grandpa you're talking about. You know some of the folks around here just recently evolved into the capacity for speech.

He glanced over his left shoulder, then his right.

And not to argue semantics here, but if he's running around handing out drinks, doesn't that make him more of a, y'know, refreshment monk... erm, nontraditional citizen? Does he have a little paper hat with a cart full of peanuts and cotton candy? I'm just spitballin' here.

Not to say you're wrong, necessarily. Who am I to say? I've never met this fellow. Maybe he's filled to the brim with exciting new ideas, a wonderfully fresh outlook on life, good humor and witty banter. That, I'll say, would be most refreshing.

Especially if he is just an errant ape, completely unrelated to the rest of the boorish twits around here.

After a few seconds' thought, Kilgore removed the remainder of his banana from the peel. Reasonably certain that no one was watching, he hunched a bit and began trolling down the sidewalk, fruit held outright, making a gentle clicking noise with his tongue as if beckoning for a family pet.

Report Post Tip
Kilgore, you bring up some really valid points. This Monke... Animal... THING has to have come from somewhere! It must have been trained by someone! This only strenghtens the Beaver theory! I'm starting to get really worried!

Jonny observes Kilgore holding out his banana, thinking that this might just work. The WhateverWeAreGoingToCallIt must have to eat sometime. However, it does seem pretty smart. You don't know until you try, though!

Jonny follows Kilgore from a distance of a few paces, looking up, left, right, and behind to see if he can find that darn WWAGTCI!
Report Post Tip

Kilgore, the last animal around here to offer new ideas, a wonderfully fresh outlook on life, good humor and witty banter got turned into Squishy's new floor rug.

Ziva bows her head in respect for the slain Leroy.

Jonny, beavers are starting to look like a distinct possibility. We've not had a beaver attack in a while, they've been quiet, plotting, maybe even gone underground. I'd bet they're going to lull us all into a false sense of security, biding their time before they leap up from the shadows and unleash a new hell upon us all!

Perhaps if we dressed somebody up as a monkey, he might be more willing to show himself? If he saw a monkey walking about amongst us?

Ziva begins to softy call out 'Here, monkey monkey monkey!'.

Report Post Tip
Jonny thought about what Ziva was suggesting. It wasn't a half bad idea...

I'll take one for the team. I'll dress up as a monkey. Where can I get a costume around here? Any ideas?
Report Post Tip
As Jonny was looking for a costume shop, he saw a familiar tail sticking out over the top of a nearby roof. He saw it for just a second before it disappeared again over the edge of the parapit, but it was unmistakeably the tail of a small monkey!!!

THERE HE IS!! UP THERE! I SAW HIM! Ziva, you go around to the right! I'll go left! We've got him now!!!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Monkey on the Loose!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL