Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 23:48:59
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
What a comment heard. Started by: Galvani_ll on Jan 10, '14 12:10

^^ John Smith needs an award.

Report Post Tip
I see your point, but really, I have no position in my family yet I'm speaking out for those who do, even at a low rank. Look at the CL who made persons his RH and LH, they turned on him. With the fact that they even announced that they are guilty as charged. Though you may not be I. The upper structure, I believe , and always have believed, that rank is given respect. It is easy for so somebody to hit rank, or promotions. Like I said, it's all the the CL, it his trust upon the individual that gets the person his promotion. If you people don't
Ike it it doesn't matter, respect should always be there.

(OOC: if you have ever been affiliated with this lifestyle you'd understand my stand point.)
Report Post Tip

Yeah but to make it to where you are takes no effort? Why should I respect you, who the fuck are you? Look up the rank requirements what is it, time and drug units? Some families dont even need donations since it stops activity. Activity usually gets you killed so by all means there are many families in here that make the rank free. So if I can be to your rank in a matter of days without effort, why the fuck should I respect you or any high ranking members? 

Report Post Tip
I believe my CL trusts in me, I have no connections with him whatsoever and have gained my trust through my loyalty. I have seen many who have lived their life being made, but never have moved from their position, why? Maybe because they are not ready, maybe because the CL must see more. My loyalty is with my Family and I will not betray it. And you say give out like candy? Time and units? No it doesn't run that way. I've been held back before, my fathers have been held back before. So what you just said is invalid, at least concerning my history. I trust in my leaders and if I. Promoted so be it, and if I'm not loyalty stays the same. Therefore, with what you have claimed, ranking up in a matter of days, you should reconsider your thought.
Report Post Tip

Well then good for you, I made it to Made extremely easy haha. Its too easy now and days bro, yeah some families might be tough but the majority is poop.

Report Post Tip
It's the decision of the mobster and nothing more. If they seek skill and challenge they'll know who to pick, but if they seek an easy route, then so be it. It's the choice of those who have joined this thing of ours. I'm not trying to say other are simply easy, all I'm saying is that maybe they should give it some thought. Like how you stated Recon, your here for war and not peace, rank and guns shouldn't be given out so easily, considering the fact of what you've made known to the community.
Report Post Tip

:D ^^

Report Post Tip

"Well you're touching on one of my more frequent comments now. Unfortunately I already offered to dedicate an entire speech on the subject so I have to reserve most of my thoughts for that, but I'll fill in the blanks where I can. The ranking system of immediate promotion seems to have been designed for a time when there were much lower odds of living long enough to hit those ranks. Nowadays, all you have to do is never speak and follow the rules and you should live to 100 days minimum in at least 1 out of every 3 of your bloodline. That's why rank doesn't matter any more. It was based on low life expectancies and the one thing that made it difficult to obtain now is easy to obtain."

"As for the rest of the statement I usually give about rank and title not mattering in a logical discussions, I stand by the fact that neither has anything to do with the value of a concept behind a thought. It doesn't matter if Darwin or some homeless man in London discovered evolution, all that matters is that the idea was brought forward and greatly increased man's understanding of Biology and many other fields."

Chain of command!!!! Despite what people may say to others They will jump if the Boss asks them and if they dont they will not get far in this world of ours! How do you get promoted? Rank up? by doing the job your are asked to do and in some cases going above and beyond the call of duty for your Family. Rank means allot to the people who resect it and strive to gain it, and nothing to the people who are not pepared to work for it.

"And just to touch on this for a moment, every hand position ever obtained in the history of my bloodline was done so because I don't take orders without reason. Challenging a leader to think critically before giving orders is the most valuable thing you can do for the man, in my opinion. It keeps him sharp at all times. So simply following orders won't always get you ahead in life."

"I do some work for my rank, but most of my work doesn't contribute to the ranking system. So I can tell you that those with no respect for it are willing to work for it, many of us just wish the work was more challenging so there would be significance behind having the rank."

Report Post Tip

As we  all know to get a promotion you  have to work first. Especially to get some ranks above made, you need to work really hard, for long time. To succeed at this what you are doing, you must exercise your skills. You need to be capable for the rank. To deserve the promotion. So when you get the promotion, nothing magically will change in your life. All the training, the abilities, are already there.
Your crew leader, or the Godfather by placing you higher in the ranking system is like giving you a honour, just like giving you a medal. A recognition for what you have done for him. The rank is important, because we all are here for a purpose, and it is the recognition to our work, but the rank cant hold me back in my evolution as a Mafiosi. The rank will not make me, better in my job.

Report Post Tip

WhereWasI

No one who just blindly follows orders and doest think for themselves gets far I agree with you on that, I think its how you carry yourself that gets you ahead.

I was merely saying I would respect the chain of command within whichever family im in! When I said rank I was thinking of a crew situation not the ranking system as a whole. 

Report Post Tip

"That's an opinion with more thought and better wording, and I thank you for taking the time to clarify this. I just felt the need to poke at it because if someone that held you in high regard and misread that they could've gotten the wrong impression of how someone goes about getting the position and that's something I'm sure everyone can agree isn't a message we'd want to broadcast to any impressionable bloodlines."

Report Post Tip

Fluphy listened to the question posed by Galvani and decided he should put his opinion in the conversation

I personally enjoy the idea of a chain of command. It is this chain that keeps those at the bottom safe from those above them, much like how governments and police forces should work (Fluphy chuckles under his breath slightly at his comment) anyhow, it's a necessity. Without ranks and levels of power, those at the bottom would be dogged relentlessly from those above them, such as how that bastard Rockefeller dogs the industry without any remorse.

Fluphy takes a swig of gin from his flask and awaits the continuation of the conversation

Report Post Tip

"In what way could a chain of command have stop Rockefeller? He had a chain of command in his company and what he did in comparison to what the country would likely be doing without him justifies his demands. His employees have every right to leave or had every right to refuse to join him. He produces something that otherwise likely wouldn't have been... so would you rather the world go without his booming industry which would cripple other industries? Or tell the workers to simply refuse to work in those conditions if the conditions are too bad. There are always other options, no one's holding most of them to work by gun point."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What a comment heard.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL