Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 06:17:49
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Rank and Significance; Cast Your Vote. Started by: Ziva on Jan 13, '14 11:37
I don't think there needs to be a change. I believe the change already came so gradually yoh might not even see it because you're. used to it and was gradually eased into it. But that's just my opinion.
Report Post Tip

No

No

Based on how much they love me.

Report Post Tip

Hmm, I see a couple things that could be the problem/solution. Now we all came here as honorable and intelligent people. Now voicing an opinion can get you killed, the mafia works in Spartan code. By that I mean everyone is accountable for their words even a messenger of a Godfather. 

I'll keep it straight, short, and to the point. Yes rank has lost its prestige.

Now, some might think differently. Instead of pointing fingers and calling the other idiot, lets dissect this subject.

I view rank currently as the U.S dollar  and how inflation works. The more money circulating, the less valuable the dollar becomes. ALTHOUGH sometimes inflating an economy is the only means of survival. By that I mean that inflation is needed at times but at times it is dangerous to loose its value. 

I'm not a rocket science engineer and can't give perfect facts, but I have sold weed in the past and can eye ball potential facts.

Do we have the most high ranking player in history? Yes.

Is it because we have about 4 more potential cities (districts) that Godfathers may grow in? Yes.

Is it that war not as common as before? Yes.

Do people come out in the streets and express their opinion without getting killed. Yes.

Does being Made mean you made it? Before with so much wars being fought, a Made was looked at like a celebrity. Do we view Mades the same? No.

Lets us say we had an apocalypse. We all had to work back up, what can we do differently to make Made Man mean something? We always look at the past, but the present is where you can take the past and add your own impressive ideas and people in the future can be like damn I wish I lived in that time. We have super computers called brains that can figure anything out. 

Should the crew leader (Godfathers) even be remotely involved with the lower ranks? Talking to a Godfather is a privilege that only a Made has. But the answer is yes, not in daily communication we need to implicate that rank means something but quality over quantity, when your time comes to talking to the leader the conversation should be important. The leader needs to judge if his voice can be heard from whoever will be made. Also jobs can be involved in the future, the leader could ask you to do a job to see how much experience you know, the job could be a test for the leader. It might even mean death if it will benefit the leader. 

Made Man should be difficult but not impossible. I hope my points can help, and I will be here on the streets to provide more suggestions etc. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

As Ziva hops down from the table, a young man in a worn looking shirt passes you a piece of paper. You look down on it and read:

Rank & Significance: Voting Paper

1. Do you believe rank has become worthless in our society?

|_| YES

|X| NO

2. Do you believe that the rank of Made Man has become too easy to obtain?

|X| YES But only in some families

|_| NO

3. How do you measure your respect for an individual on the streets?

|X| BASED ON WHAT THEY SAY

|X| BASED ON HOW THEY SAY IT

|_| BASED ON THEIR RANK

|_| BASED ON THEIR BLOODLINE

|_| OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY)

Please return your voting paper here.

Report Post Tip

I have a very different take on this issue.

Rank does not matter.

Honor does not matter

Position does not matter.

The ONLY thing that matters is your position in 60 sec list.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Rank and Significance; Cast Your Vote.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL