Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 10:25:59
Page:  1 
Mugging an RHM or LHM Started by: Sandman on Jan 13, '14 16:48
Mugging

Hardcore champion and icon Sandman is announced to the ring by the announcer, shiny gold MafiaReturns championship belt displayed proudly over his shoulder. His entrance music blares, and riotous fans of course go wild as usual. He steps between the ropes and speaks.

The other day, I witnessed a man in a slanted pin-striped suit receive a mugging at the hands of a bottom-feeder. Being that the significance of rank has been a recent topic of discussion, I got to wondering if and how the mugging of a Right or Left Hand Man became acceptable in This Thing Of Ours. I have a couple thoughts on it, and then I'd like to open this ring to others to voice their thoughts on the matter.

Despite wearing this "Mugger" t-shirt, I don't think I would be too quick to mug a person placed in such an esteemed position in a Mafia family. Just my personal policy. Even though it's never been specifically dictated to me by my own boss Roquelaure, I'd imagine she prefer I practice good judgment if I found myself in a position where I could mug a man in slanted pin-stripes.

As to reasons why others might, I can only speculate, and came up with the following:

1. They are following the City Rules to a T, regardless of the rank or stature of the pickpocketer. Pretty straight forward.

2. They hail from a city they perceive as being more powerful than the city the Left or Right Hand pickpocketer is affiliated with. This in my opinion is all well and good as well, as this is The Mafia, and what it boils down to in the end of the day is power. If a gangster can get away with taking liberties with a Don from a less-prominent crew, while this may be viewed as despicable, it is what it is. Power pretty much dictates everything.

3. City Hall stepped in somewhat recently in regards to mugging and the prohibiting of it by crime bosses. I think it made the community think twice before enforcing any rules about it's parameters. If that's the case, I doubt that was what the politicians in City Hall took issue with in the first place.

Has the position of Hand been cheapened to the point that mugging them is acceptable? If you sat at the right or left hand of a leader and were mugged by a shitbag, would you tolerate it? Do you think a policy in regards to the mugging of people of rank or prominence will ever be implemented?

Please speak loudly if you choose to answer. The noise from my fans is deafening and usually doesn't cease until I have exited the ring or venue.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Danger steps out. One of her usual topics to debate amongst people she figured she'd say a quick word and move on.

As someone who mugs indiscriminately I feel I should probably attempt a go at answering my own reasons for this. I can't speak for anyone else though.

I would like to start out with when I am mugging a person who has just been pilfering through my pockets I don't necessarily even bother checking rank let alone position. I am more concerned with the annoyance that someone would try to steal my hard earned money (as small an amount as it may be) that I would prefer to package up nicely in an envelope to my crewleader.

As City Hall has stated if people feel the need to pickpocket those that are unfriendly to it that they should expect to be mugged. So expect it I say regardless of rank or status. I find it irritating that hands do not care for their own members preferences (and yes I am speaking of same city for the current time being). These are the people that we are supposed to learn from and respect. I'd have a hard time maintaining respect for anyone trying to steal from me. So why should I not mug them? Because of rank and status? I think not. I may be a nobody but I am a nobody that likes to be able to kick up a few bucks when I can.

Taking a sip from the coffee cup she carried with her.

As for other hands from other cities. If I am in my own city I would expect to be left alone. Maybe if I traveled to their home cities I would be less inclined to mug them. I mean I am a visitor to their city am I not?

So yes I follow my city rules to a T. They do not state that I have to check all of the ranks and statuses to mug so I don't.

Do I care about ranks? Yes. Just not when those ranks are in my pockets. Call it self centered or what you will but they are my pockets, on my person and I will not stand to have them pilfered.

I don't believe that I have cheapened the hand position by mugging them. I can't answer the question about if I were a right hand or left hand as I am not. However I hope no policies come to be implemented in the case of mugging. I feel it is consensual by all parties if they pickpocket to expect a mugging. Maybe they shouldn't if they pickpocket a more friendly person than those like myself.

Tilting her head as if to add on more she steps away from the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Put very bluntly, if one has the opportunity to mug, then I would always mug.

The presence of a slanty suit *should* matter, but only if we accept the premise that a wealthy governing member of a crime family would resort to pickpocking.

Report Post Tip

My personal thoughts are simple. whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

A LHM/LHW. RHM/RHW, family head or GF should be setting the example for the rest of the crew, district, city if no separation.  If someone is caught dipping in another pocket who they shouldn't be is their own fault.   For me if they are telling x,y and z don't pp this target or that just stinks of hypocrisy to me and would lower my opinion of someone.

I remember AlabamaWorley being mug friendly as well as a few people as walking round the streets.

If the city rules state that if someone who wears a "no pickpocketing" badge is pickpocketed, they have the right to mug... then there ought not be a complaint from a LHM, a RHM, or even a Crewleader that they were mugged after pickpocketing someone with a "no pickpocketing" badge.

If the city rules do NOT state that, then fuck it. Shoot the mugging bastard in the face.

Report Post Tip

This makes no sense.

There are no rules..to my knowledge...about mugging a LH or RH.

If someone has that Mugging will happen if their PP policy  is not respected, then they deserve a mugging.

Case closed.

Problem solved

Report Post Tip

It's always going to be a very touchy subject, and there is never going to be an agreed upon stance.

As soon as you decide to stick your hand in someone's pocket, regardless of their stance on pickpocketing, you should expect to get mugged. You steal from someone, they are going to go above and beyond to firstly, get their own money back, and even grab some more, to let you know they mean business.

My personal stance is advertised publicly, and that doesn't change regardless of their position in our world. They could be a Godfather, and they'd still get mugged. If they then decide to shoot me for my actions, so be it. As we all know: The action is yours, the reaction is not.

I don't think it particularly devalues a person in an upper structure position. As has already been said, they should be setting the example to the people below them. If I was in that position, I wouldn't be pickpocketing people. Upper Structure should be above such petty acts if I'm truly honest.

People in positions of power would have all the money and skill they could ever want, they wouldn't need to go around dipping their hands in pockets, for a measly five thousand dollars. That's church change to people so high up in this society.

In short, you have to consent to mugging as you decided to pickpocket. Upper Structure wouldn't pickpocket in the first place, and if they did, should expect the same consequences.

I appreciate the responses and the stances that differed from my own, with the exception of Johnny_3_Tears, who basically just reiterated one of my own points as his own and then determined the case to be closed for some reason. Aside from that, I found Teofilo's response particularly interesting, as he was an LHM himself. I've come around a bit on my original stance as a result, so thanks for the contributions and thanks for causing me to think a bit more about it. While my personal policy on the matter hasn't changed, I'll look at the subject from a different perspective now. Cheers.

Sandman, I think that if a person of the seniority of a Hand exposes themselves to the risk of mugging, then they should have the good grace to accept it.

However, I also think that if that person is the hand of a very powerful organisation, and the mugger isn't made, then a bullet to the head should be at least discussed.

Report Post Tip
I can see mugging will be a hot topic beatin to death for a long time now like pp'ing used to be. Oh well might as well join in.

In my profile it states pp friendly but if you don't return the money I WILL mug you. So far only one person has nit returned what is rightfully mine and he/she stealthed me so I didn't get the chance to mug. Now if you're pp friendly and mug me, I'll bury you myself in front of your loved ones. A LHM/RHM or woman should be respected regardless of what city they come from. Or else what the hell are we doing here? Seriously is this not the mafia? Are we in highschool? I suggest if you're not checking ranks you better start or you might find an angry bean on your hands. I'm not to be mugged for any reason. If you respect my rules then I will respect yours. I'm really a nice guy outside of getting mugged. Oh and if someone of higher stature than me mugs me or doesn't return my money that's up to them. Will I like it? No of course not. But I'm not going to complain. I will keep my mouth shut because that's how the mafia works this isn't about fairness or democracy its about respect. We govern ourselves. Thank you.
Report Post Tip
Short and sweet, much like grave robbing, wouldn't you consider pick pocketing for a man of honor (or someone who's not even "part of the family yet" in a slanted suit) to be a bit "beneath" them? I would think so, so like others have said, why are they even attempting something so petty?

To be perfectly honest, this is another topic about rank in my eyes..

Let me clarify and say these hand positions became "cheapened" when fresh off the boat nobodies were instantly placed in positions of power.

If I cared enough to mug, my decisions would be based off rank and not much more.
Report Post Tip

Slanted suit or not, if you know full well what a person's wishes are about pick pocketing them and you go against those wishes. Then, you sir, deserve to be mugged. Plain and simple is the way it should be and rank or status shouldn't factor into it.

At least that's the way, i've always thought about mugging

Report Post Tip

Personally I dont pp members of this community. I hone my skills on corrupt agents because they are  corrupt any way. But if I do pp one of the mafioso's around and they decide to mug me then i'll call it quits.Pick pocketing and mugging has been part of our society since time immemorial. It is in our to do list. Some opted not to do them while others view it as a skill to hone. For me wearing a not pick pocket sign is laughable. I think it funny to see people walking in the streets with a placard in their chest saying "Im not pick pocket friendly" or "I'm pick pocket friendly".

Report Post Tip

hearing the arguements Connor makes his point. 

"short and to the point, if you dont follow my stance on PP, expect a good mugging. i dont care who you are and what position you hold, if you cant follow the rules on PP you deserve what you get if you get caught doing it."

Report Post Tip

"short and to the point, if you dont follow my stance on PP, expect a good mugging. i dont care who you are and what position you hold, if you cant follow the rules on PP you deserve what you get if you get caught doing it."

Report Post Tip

Report Post Tip
Mug me and die that's it. Mug and die.
Report Post Tip

Well, I look at it this way, if anyone up on high, from a simple left hand such as myself all the way to the very top of the echelon with the Godfathers themselves decide to partake in such petty thievery to make a few thousand dollars; then we've already left the realm of reality and so why not allow mugging back? I feel as though using your higher power to do things which someone of higher power should never do anyways is a slight to our world and should result in temporary nullification of your ranking and allow for you to be muggable.

In short, doing something like that is below a hand or even a leader and the second they do it, the rules which apply to everyone else should also apply to them. Not saying it should be illegal for them to pickpocket in the first place, but when they do, they should be treated just like everyone else.

Report Post Tip
My dear Sandman, this topic could start me on a rant about a whole list of subjects but I won't bring that to your speech, maybe I will spark a debate another time.

Now back to the subject in hand. I mug as and when I please depending on my mood. I also pickpocket and expect people to mug me. If I rummage around in their pocket it is what I expect. As for hands and CL if they decide to rob me which I think is beneath them as pointed out earlier, I think I am entitled to try and grab my cash back if I get a chance.

It simple really regardless of who you are what rank or what position you hold if you get caught in someones pocket expect to be mugged. Don't like getting mugged don't pickpocket.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mugging an RHM or LHM
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL