Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 22:19:20
Page:  1 
New Statesman: Vol 2, Issue 1 Started by: Kuku- on Jan 13, '14 20:19

Intro

A kindly benefactor invested a bit of green to get this news vehicle off the ground.  So it is that the first edition is coming to pass.  This will be a little light on content but will be added to.

This paper needs YOU to help.  Got a story?  An axe to grind?  Caught a W/S you want made public?  Let me help.

Until such time as we have the juice for the stories, we'll rely on a little tattle-tittle and a few tales from the past.

Let's get started!

New papers reveal that DeadlySin and Bunny were going to make Kuku- head of a district

A consultation with family journals revealed a hitherto undisclosed story.  DeadlySin and Bunny, along with other prominent members of this thing, arranged a meeting with the long deceased Kuku- and made him an offer:  Head up a crew.

Why me, asked Kuku-?

Well, that's where it gets interesting.  PhilSteak and DeadlySin were at the time almost equally powerful and society had started to stagnate.  It was decided at a high level meeting that the one person who wasn't beholden to either, and who could be relied on to do his own thing his own way.

So in the negotiations that following, $15M was given to Kuku- who spent it on an insane amount of protection and off he went to earn...  And then... Nothing.  Things changed, tensions grew and nothing came of the offer.  Day after day, Bunny would ask for meeting with Kuku- and quiz him about underground factions from the past, who had he worked with, who provided finance, who was still active...  Kuku- grew irritated at the intrusions and was plotting something...

Finally, WAR broke out!  But this point, Kuku was a ranked member of Bunny's crew.  At the last minute, and remembering the broken promises of before, Kuku- attempted to kill a relative of Tita and then jumped ship to the other side, where he helped fight against his former crew.

And that's where this story ends...  It would be a lot more interesting if the offer had come good.

As an interesting postscript, Kuku- was going to invest the $15M in  credits, take to the Streets and publish details of the offer, but wiser heads talked him round.  Now that, my friends, would have been a story.

What to look out for in Edition 2

There will be an interview with Stonewall - a man from a prestigious bloodline who always has something to say.  We look forward to bringing you this.

And we will be talking to some leaders about how they find this thing of ours compared to years gone by - who's doing what and what we expect to happen.

WAR in an era of long distance travel

In closing this first edition, I'd like to start a discussion.

Now that travel is possible only at varying speeds, is war more or less likely?

Is it easier to prosecute war?

Is it easier to defend?

Are casualties higher?

Report Post Tip

You know, my judgement is that there's usually been two reasons why a majority of people get so sore at you and yours. First, jealousy. Not jealousy in the in the conventional sense; people do not envy your status, position or the acclaim you hold. Instead, they are perhaps a little green at the gills that the hours of effort they poor into a well crafted speech are 'undermined' by the fact you have a formula. You can come to the streets and peddle the same old tripe and know it will get attention - and that grates on people.

Second, exasperation and irritation. People respond to you like a teacher would respond to a student who could achieve B's but instead gets D's because they're far more interested in baiting the other kids in the class.

Apparently though, this doesn't matter to you. You're apparently happy, content; someone who makes no claims to greatness. Well, son. This is bullshit - plain and simple.  If you were all these things you claim to have be, you wouldn't be dragging up a story about how your ancestor nearly got auth quite some time ago. The only motivation I can see for you bringing this up (under the auspices of a 'paper' - a quite poor effort I must say) is to say to people "Look! See! My bloodline can walk the walk when we want to!"

Well, rather than revisiting modern history; why not pull your socks up, pipe the fuck down and actually demonstrate what you are capable of?

Report Post Tip

I believe War is still the same no matter the distance. I think strategies will have to change but we still come to the same after affect-Death, Destruction, and Reconstruction. 

I have no comment on the prosecution of war, but as far as defenses goes, once again, not much is changing besides the times it will take to travel longer distances, unless of course you can pony up the money it will take to get your private flight. Which, although it was not asked, is definitely something to look at. Do you pay up the money to get private flights? Or hope the other attacker is not doing so and put it towards defenses? Of course, the size of the familys hitters guns and the expertise of the leaders of the family will always play a large role in a war, I think how large the CLs pocketbook is and how much he is willing to spend has a great deal to do with who will come out victorius.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Statesman: Vol 2, Issue 1
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL