Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 20:25:55
Page:  1 
What's your purpose? Started by: Padrino on Jan 26, '14 00:53
Padrino's ancestors have never been good street speakers and it seemed that the most recent incarnation of the Padrinello bloodline shared that trait. But nevertheless, between robbing post offices and selling cocaine to street dealers, Padrino's mind also got occupied by a question he asked himself one day. And that question was: what do I hope to achieve with this life? Now Padrino thought thoroughly on this topic. He grew up a son of a mobster and this thing of ours was a logical career choice. It was fairly easy, exciting and not to mention the cash it brought him. But was that all? Was the point of the life he led to amass enough money to live a comfortable life? Padrino didn't know, but he decided to take the problem outside and speak about it to his fellow friends of friends and friends of ours. He walked out of his luxurious apartment into the sunny street and stacked some boxes so he could have a platform to stand upon. Looking at the mobsters walking nearby, he spoke to them.
Hear ye! Hear ye! I have a not-so-important but perhaps interesting subject I'd like to talk about and that is our purpose in life in this thing of ours. Now I know most of you chose this profession because of the riches and bitches, but that alone can't be the sole motivation, can it? What is your goal in this business, to create a legacy that will be remembered? Or become a powerful Godfather and a force not to be messed with? Or something else? Ok, guys, I'm gonna get off this thing before I fall but I'd love to hear your inputs.
Padrino lights a gigantic cigar looking like a total badass as he waits for responses.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Listening intently to his fellow Mafiosa Angus feels the weight of his favourite SG straps digging into his shoulder and relishes the emotion, after all what's a little pain when the pleasure to thousands if not millions will easily offset the temporary discomfort?

Now I know most of you chose this profession because of the riches and bitches, but that alone can't be the sole motivation, can it?

Aye, this is what I did and this is what I do. I love the Rs & Bs more than anyone will ever know. Hell, well it ain't a bad place to be after all.

Resisting the urge to flick his plectrum between his fingers Angus takes a quick look over his shoulder, tightens his straps and moves on.

Report Post Tip

Peter strolls threw the street when he hears a interesting topic and decides to say something.

Some time ago when my ancestors first came to these shores there was a man telling tales and talking about the legacies of great men and women who had once lived.My ancestor was transfixed and amazed by what he heard and wanted something similar.So you could say my ancestors were out to create a legacy so that 5,10 maybe 20 years from now people will go remember that guy Bonanno or even if possible remember the era of Bonanno?

(ooc heres a short clip that summarizes what i mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55VQiKd3e_M)

Report Post Tip

Riches and bitches... Ziva couldn't help but stifle a giggle at that thought.

Riches nor bitches were overly important to her. Not all that much was, really.

Heya Padrino.

It's nice to see you speaking out here. You should have more confidence in your speaking abilities, you really should. This is an interesting speech and an interesting question. Hope we see more of you out here.

What's my goal? I don't know. I don't really have one. Not specifically anyway. Once my bloodline had donned a bold suit once, it felt like enough. To do it more than once... a surprise and an honor, certainly. But not really so much of a goal. Just happened! And it's not really all that much a goal to go further. This feels like enough.

Because what drives me - that's a more sensible way for me to answer this question, rather than to mention goals - is the people around me. Family and friends. People I've genuinely grown to care about. People who make me wanna be the best I can. Who make me want to work towards making them happier etc. That's what makes me keep going.

That's what keeps me coming back here, living this life. That's that makes my bloodline keep choosing this path. Whether as a leader or not, it's always the people around me.

Report Post Tip

After a long, contemplative silence, Ronald puts a friendly hand on Padrino's shoulder as a non-verbal congratulatory gesture for bringing up such a relevant topic.

To echo the thoughts of Consigliere Ziva, I am also driven by the human element. 

I got into this career simply to make a better life for me and my loved ones. As I gained some experience I noticed that I can also help make a better life for those around me. The more I bleed and sweat the less my brothers and sisters have to sacrifice.

Do I daydream about power and commanding a city district full of reverent mafiosi? Don't we all?

What is important is making the most out of what I'm doing right now. Am I Made? No? Then I need to be keeping my nose on the grindstone and not looking up until my crew leader is ready to acknowledge my effort. If I am Made then I need to be focused on presenting the family in the most positive, professional way possible.

If I do attain some sort of legacy I want it to be because I rode as hard for my city as I possibly could. I'm perfectly fine with operating behind the scenes if it means I've brought honor and accolades to my family. You're never going to make it only gunning for yourself. Family is everything. It's what brought you up from the streets into the respectable titan of industry that you are today.

If I happen to meet an unfortunate end, my children will learn from my steadfast fidelity. They will learn to put their ego on the back burner and that there are some forces in the universe more powerful than themselves. Ambition is fine but you have to be the kind of leader you would like to serve under. Without that inspiration and guidance you'll never be able to command the respect a crew leader needs for any sort of longevity.

Report Post Tip
Hi Padrino, how are you? I’m struggling to fully answer the question, which is somewhat annoying, on my part, not yours. I’d like to think that when I step foot on these shores I have a plan, a game plan that will serve me well. Now this time around I genuinely do not have a clue what my sole purpose is, obviously we all have dreams of what we would like to achieve and most have a plan of how they think the can get there, nothing wrong with that all, in fact I think it’s a fantastic way to attack it, an admirable approach, for sure.

Being from a loooong line, I know what is expected of me and I surround my self with familiar faces, this, in my experience is always a good foot hold to start from. These days, I’m more relaxed, I like to play it by here, see what presents itself. This doesn’t mean I don’t have the same drive as I once had, it just means I feel like my family line or name if you like, has put the work in over the years, to be able to enjoy the luxury of joining up with familiar faces and names that may help me out.

Why do I keep coming back? This for me is two fold, firstly, as others have said is the human aspect, there a lot of people here I can class as friends, close friends at that. This place is like no other and is unique in the way the community holds itself. 

Secondly is the art of hitting, I won’t divulge to much information, as I’m sure you’re aware, it’s a sensitive issue, I love the thrill of the “race” and that’s all I shall say on that matter. I love playing for wars (not starting them) but being part of them again another unique selling point of our world.
Report Post Tip

My motivation for doing this is simple: love.  I love this community.  This community that has so often welcomed me and made me feel special.  This community that, in good times and bad, sustained and nourished my soul.

Love, love, love, love, love, love.  Grad your fuckin' friend and love him.  C'mon.  Nobody gonna come up here and love me, huh?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What's your purpose?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL