Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:48:30
Page:  1 
Well, Dam! Started by: Anna on Jan 30, '14 20:45

Anna walks up the street, a glassy stare on her face. Looking straight ahead, she almost crashes straight into several people, though it barely seems to register. Her posture is oddly perfect; straight back, walking tall (ish) and not a hint of a slouch. Strange in itself, as Anna was hardly the "Swiss Finishing School for Young Ladies" type of girl.

She reaches a low wall, next to a small grassed area, and hops up on top of it, facing the street and still staring straight ahead.

Speaking loudly and clearly, she begins.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I have an important announcement to make."

"They did it."

Becoming more animated, she points to the carnage around her. The abandoned and burned out HQ's once occupied by families recently fallen. The blood, running red down the gutters, the bodies dumped in alleyways. The slew of fresh faced young gangsters, looking to continue the family tradition. Young faces, who like herself hadn't been warned of the terrible foe hidden in the forest areas of this world. She herself had been educated on the matter by the diaries of her ancestors. And the fact that she'd woken up this morning to one sat on her window ledge, as if it was observing her, scurrying off before she'd had time to do more than blink and rub her eyes. Off to report back, she supposed.

"Look around you, people. Look at the death, the destruction, the blood and fire. Who do you suppose is responsible? They did it. It was the beavers."

"Oh sure, maybe they didn't load the guns themselves, maybe they didn't fire the shots, start the fires, but I'm sure it all comes back to them. Spreading rumors, running around our world, saying this, saying that, saying the other. My mother knew of the danger that the beavers represent to our society. And look at the end she came to!"

She breaks off for a moment, making a quick sign of the cross and raising her eyes skyward in the memory of her mother.

"It's all about the laws of nature. They want us to fight ourselves to extinction, they view us as their greatest threat, the thing that prevents them from taking over the world."

"I wish I could spread a message of peace between beavers and mobkind. I wish I could stand here and talk about how little mobster boys and little beaver girls could one day walk hand in hand. I wish I could tell you that we could live in harmony. I wish we could sit around a campfire, toast marshmallows and sing 'Kumbayah', but the time for that is past. They won't stop til they've torn away their very face of our world. And, with those teeth, maybe torn strips away from our very faces too."

"We must stand up to them. We must face them, we must stare them down."

Raising an arm in the air in somewhat militant fashion, she cries

"WE MUST WIN!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Well, Dam!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL