Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 08:35:32
Page:  1 
Speak Up (A Competition) Started by: Numbers4Glory on Feb 03, '14 04:56

*Numbers4Glory enters the square a big smile on his face. He ushers his bodyguards away and takes up a position on his soap box*

Ladies and Gentleman it has occurred to me that our streets have been a quiet place for a while now. We have of course had a lot of activity but we haven't had an event that everyone can come forth and get involved in. I was reminiscing yesterday about some of the great orators of day's gone by and I longed to hear a speech that causes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

A speech that inspires, a speech that motivates a speech that speaks to the heart of every man and women in the four cities. What I am proposing here is a challenge, I am calling forth all aspiring orators to stand and deliver a speech that can renew my faith in our society, a speech that can inspire a revolution!

*Numbers pauses for a moment, takes a deep breath and continues speaking*

Rules

1) The Speech

You will need to deliver a speech

(OOC: This needs to be an actual audio file that you can upload to various locations online)

3 Minutes In Length

You will be required to provide a written transcript of the speech as well as the link to the actual recording.

2) Closing Date

February 20th 18:00

3) Topic

- It needs to be relevant to our community

- It should be regarding a particular incident, person, event (actual/role-played)

- It should be a speech that sends a message

4) Competition Prizes

20 Credits for the winning speech.

(Should any other sponsors join in we will of course increase it accordingly)

5) Judges

Numbers4Glory

Maple

VirginiaHill

(Similarly should any other sponsors wish to be judges I will update accordingly)

*Numbers stops and looks out over the crowd*

This is your opportunity folks, give us a speech that people will remember for generations to come, a speech your entire lineage will be proud of.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $25,000 Tip

Update:

4) Competition Prizes

25 Credits for the winning speech.

5) Judges

Numbers4Glory

Maple

VirginiaHill

Titus_Atta

Please note the transcript and link should be posted in this thread.

Thanks!

Report Post Tip

Update:

4) Competition Prizes

30 Credits for the winning speech.

5) Judges

Numbers4Glory

Maple

VirginiaHill

Titus_Atta

Gaius

Report Post Tip

*Numbers looks around for a moment a bit underwhelmed by the turnout*

Could those of you who are interested in participating please come and speak to me directly so I can gauge the level of interest.

Report Post Tip

*N4G enters the streets clearly disappointed*

It seems that our community is a bit shy. Unfortunately I can't condone a competition that would have 1 entrant, as lovely as she may be.

I am going to be cancelling the competition and returning the sponsorships back to the CL's that pledged now.

Report Post Tip

Frankenstein looks.about

"is the contest canned?"

Report Post Tip

I am the king of oral..presentations.

But can I ask a question? Do you want a full word for word transcript of what is said or will notes of the main points suffice? 

Report Post Tip

Hmm, it's a smart idea for a competition. Perhaps the prize is too small for people to speak their opinions...surprising since I know so many people who can hardly keep their mouths shut when it comes to this thing of ours. Suddenly an actual soap box is available and everyone gets shy...cute. I'll donate 50 credits after I get out of work if you keep the competition going. If still no one participates I'll donate 50 more credits in a week. I don't want to be a judge though.

Report Post Tip
Hmm. What a shame to see this come to an end. If I had a way to record myself speaking I would have loved to take on the other participant! Oh well, possibly we come back to this idea in a month or so and see how we all feel about it then.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Speak Up (A Competition)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL