Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 01:41:54
Page:  1 
Distorted Views Started by: BrandonHeat on Feb 03, '14 11:35

BrandonHeat walks out of his HQ in the dead of the night, he checks to his right, then left, then over his should to make sure no one is around. He is not one to be seen on the streets, they are a dangerous place. He makes way straight to the bulletin board in the middle of town, and tacks a piece of paper to the board.

To the person reading this,

I have seen many occasions, in public and private, where people have ignored the prestige of men in the streets, doubted their worth, and even disrespected people who are well above their own rank. I find this to be a very shocking thing, and something I completely disagree with. These day's I am very upset by this. Many people do not know what someone has done to earn their rank, nor will they ever know. Many people are out here assuming this guy or that guy does not deserve to be where he is. I am curious to know where you random outsiders have gained the ability to do this. The only people who know what my family has done, is well, my family. I assume this is the same for the other family heads. Too many of you are out here doubting people, before you know what they have done. I am not writing this to call anyone out, nor am I writing this to please anyone. I am writing this to share my opinion on the current state of what I see as disrespect towards too many Made Man and above.

The rank Made man, is, and always shall be a big deal to me. Everyone may not treat it the same, but everyone has their own opinion on what the rank means. My Made Men, have worked hard for me, shown me I can trust them, helped the family in one way or another, and are all greatly respected in my family. Those of you who are out here daily, trying to put people down, and trying to make it seem like this rank means nothing, I am curious about how you can be the one to judge this. I have noticed that almost ninety percent of the time, the people doing this are not even at the rank of Made Man yet. Yes, Your father, or grandfather may have been there, hell, they may have even ran a family of their own. So what? You are not your father, you may have the fast track, and you may be respected because of what your blood has done, but that does not make you any better than the current Made Men in families, does it? You may think so, but this is something I can not agree with anyone on.

I am open to opinions on this, I mean, I would not have said anything at all if I was not, but lets remember, this is a letter talking about respect, so to everyone who decides they want to debate this topic, for once, try to be respectful to everyone. Many people say respect is earned not given, and this is something I strongly believe in. I can not judge if anyone outside my family has earned this, but I can assume if their family had has given them the nod that they have done something worthy of at least a little respect.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-BrandonHeat

Brandon reads over the letter he has posted, once again checks around him, then quickly exits the streets to his home.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $25,000 Tip

Noticing this speech posted to a street light with room to comment underneath I proceed with my pen and behind where my boss the speaker had ended.

I am shocked to see no one has brought attention to a speech preaching about respect and how it should be earned not given. I am going to do my best in responding respectfully as it was how my boss had asked. I come from a long bloodline dating back to days that most won't remember let alone were around to be a part of.

With the wide spread growth or organized crime it has come to my attention that the standards aren't always being kept. We all live a life where the air that we breathe is not a given. I personally feel that with every new life there is an opportunity to be as successful as you want to be as long as you work for it. I have journals from my ancestors on how they handled accepting Made Men into there families and feel that we have lost some values. Remember this is a personally opinion and families could be handling themselves at the best levels you just don't hear about it anymore.

If we allow people to slip through the cracks and achieve something that they are not ready for is not in the best interest of the community. We have all seen the trend in rogues fizzle out lately, but there is always that possibility. In general I ask that you leaders and Godfathers to take the time and make sure that these future Made Men are ready to carry their families names responsibly.

Hanging the speech back on the light post I left enough room for somebody to come along and add from where I left off.

Report Post Tip
Looking at the topic at hand really all that should matter is the what your boss thinks your the right for being Made Man in the family. The views of outsiders are just opinions the fact is if you work hard for you crew leader and/or Godfather, and they see the qualities of loyalty and respect is what matters. Crew leader isn't going to let someone who isn't qualified in there eyes run around with the rank of Made Man or above. Now if that leader did let someone achieve the rank, and that person cant handle themselves in this thing ours. That just shows the quality of leadership the Crew Leader himself.....
Report Post Tip

What makes something not respectful? :D

Honestly, I don't think this topic is worth talking about because it's based on something different for each person but the part asking for opinions with respect has me intrigued as to how you will respond to an opinion you asked for. :D

I think lots of people are quick to call other disrespectful without saying what makes it disrespectful. If a person chooses to ignore rank, that is their choice. No one has set a standard for responding to made men because it doesn't seem to be a big problem, otherwise there would be enforced rules and much more numbers of punishments. So I will ask, why should people be forced to respect someone just because of a rank? And what rules must be followed to show respect?

Report Post Tip
Someone should be forced to respect some because of rank, well for that very reason, the rank they have EARNED. You have answered your own question Ted. The tone that someone talks to someone or even their manner deems If they are being disrespectful. There is a general idea in our community of what is considered disrespectful and what isn't, and more often than not people will explain why they find it disrespectful. So I'm not completely sure what you are even talking about Ted to be honest. Of course everyone is allowed their opinion, and I'm glad to hear yours, even if I 100% disagree with what you gave stated.
Report Post Tip

My reasons for respecting another are different from yours so why should I respect someone because someone else does? :D

How can you really tell a person's tone? What's mine? General ideas are just a way to say 'we don't know why but we think it is.' :D

So again, why should I respect someone because of their rank? Why should I respect someone because so and so does? We probably have different standards :D

Report Post Tip

I've seen about enough of this bullshit and believe its time to state a few facts. 

Honestly, I don't think this topic is worth talking about because it's based on something different for each person but the part asking for opinions with respect has me intrigued as to how you will respond to an opinion you asked for. :D

Then why are you talking about it? Why are you wasting everyone's time with your bullshit?

I think lots of people are quick to call other disrespectful without saying what makes it disrespectful.

You live in disrespect. You think your this amazing individual so you walk around and talk shit to anyone and everyone. Meanwhile you aren't the one that the top, your line has never been at the top and half the time doesn't know what the fuck it's talking about.

Now that being said allow me to teach you my young padawan.

Respect isn't given, its earned. It's true, that sometimes rank is given around here, but alas its not up to your or I to judge why and how individuals achieve their rank. It's up to the bosses that press the button and promote people.

I personally have requirements, and because of those requirements when a member of my family steps into the streets and says something I back it as if I alone had said it. I expect people to respect those individuals as if it were me stepping out here and speaking up.

I respect other members that have achieved certain ranks because I respect their bosses. Your boss has given you your button, therefore by extension you have my respect.

At the end of the day, this is the mafia. Not a circle jerking contest to see who can piss off who, and what buttons can be pressed. If you want to come out here and be disrespectful go for it. But I wouldn't count on you, or any member of your line achieving much in this world of ours.

Ever heard the old saying, you catch more flies with honey? The age old saying is true. When you step out here with humility and respect, you achieve far more in this thing of ours. Doors open a lot easier, as they are greased with your words and actions.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

I'm out here because I was interested in what a response would look like. You call it bullshit, but he's the one who required a response with 'respect'. :D

I don't think I'm amazing at all, I don't remember saying that once nor have I ever stated who my line is :D

I think that to teach you have to be willing to be open yourself and the fact you assume I don't have anything to say at all so I doubt you ever will :D

I don't know your requirements or how well you inforce them so I won't just respect someone for getting your respect. As a matter of fact your RHM openly states he won't associate with people for being associated with a friend of mine so I have no respect for him whatsoever.

I don't ask you to respect me either as you clearly don't by calling my comments bullshit :D

Do you really think I'm out here with the intent to just piss people off?

And I don't care about catching flies :D

I also don't understand how I'm supposed to be humble when I never actually speak about myself for the most part :D

Report Post Tip

Peezy read the notice on the bulletin board and his mind started wondering. The writer had merit behind their words. Things weren't the same as the old mafia his eldest ancestors used to speak about. It was almost watered down in a way to make things more enticing to outsiders. He himself never believed to much in coming to the streets for debates and conversations because as far as he was concerned the only thing that mattered was what his Boss thinks. The person who really ran the show within his family. He figured he'd put in a few words anyways, hoping he wasn't over stepping his boundaries.

I think I view rank more importantly then most, and I can't blame some people for not giving it the value it's due. As others have said before me we have no way of knowing why someone is given the title they are. We can make our assumptions as to whether they really deserve it but in the end the person given the title is a reflection of their Boss. How hard they work, what they've done, who they know, who their parents are, none of it should matter to anyone but the Boss. Fact is the Boss thinks they deserve that title or position. Now there have been plenty of times that I have seen a promotion or title I don't agree with but I'll still show that person the respect of that title especially if it is above my own. Back in the day of what some would call the "Real Mafia" someone would get disposed of fairly quickly for disrespecting a Made Man above their rank. If I, or any associate of a family, spoke negatively or disrespectfully about a Made Man or above I believe a sanctioned hit wouldn't be out of line.

I believe rank is one of the few things that separate each individual and no matter how you feel about a specific individual you should respect the title or rank they are given. I also believe Crew Leaders should demand respect for those who they have Made and promoted beyond that. Without consequences for these actions no one could ever expect them to change.

Of course all this is just hypothetical since there really is no thing as the "Mafia."

He lets out a quick chuckle

Report Post Tip

well, It appears its time for me to make a stop here. Ted, I didnt have anything to say to the first two responses because they are two people who have great respect from me, who share my views, and are very important people in my family. The fact you had to stop and ask what makes something disrespectful leads me to believe that you do not have a clue what respect is. Am I wrong? I believe not. You came out here to somewhere about respect and disrespected me, by telling me this was a topic that was not worth talking about, yet, I look around and it appears everyone in talking about it. I am sure you will stop by again with something to say, but maybe this time it will have a little pull behind it. People die more often than you think for disrespecting someone who outranks them, you just do not see it, reasons for death do not and are not shared with the general public, It is a murder after all. When I asked for a response with respect, it meant a reasonable response, with no intent to start an argument, I did not think this was something that had to be written in bold for you to understand.

Peezy, I agree with what you said 100%. Ultimately, the praise or the blame falls on the family head for what their Made Men and above do. This is because they are responsible for their men, and who the give these ranks too. Rank really is what seperates one man from another, and it has been degraded to some degree, but that is by our own doing. Can we bring it back to its former glory? This is something that I would like to see, but it is something that can not be done by just one person, it has to be done by everyone, which will most likely never happen.

Report Post Tip

Over the last few months have watched the depth of disrespect on the street, not just with ranks, even between associates at stages, attempts at snide remarks and one upping others or the simple lies that strewn the street at stages just to discredit others.  The problem is for a long time, lies, rumours and stories have been created to to cover up wars etc and for some blood is a case of monkey see  monkey do.  The truth is this was once the thing of suicidal civilians, petty thieves and thugs but like a disease it spreads.

Now i am not saying everyone is guilty, or everyone poster, conversation or thought has it, but sometimes can look within something and notice what 1 may see as disrespect while another doesn't.  Debate and disrespect can directly cross in one persons eyes and it is a personal thing standard wise.

I am also saying if we shoot everyone who is seen to cause disrespect or be dis-respectful then will thin our ranks especially with leaders sometimes having their favourites this still not come with an even hand.    Is the same as people advertising don't shoot someone else's CA's in a city rule, but allowing it when they know it has happened with the simple shrug of, well that person who he was contracted  hadn't come back.

I am not gonna respect someone for their rank or position, i would rather respect a person for who they are, and what they do.  At the same time, i am not going to go out of my way to be disrepectful to them, i will just look at them like i do most people.  Do i expect to people to respect me just due to my rank, no; i would rather them actually know me and choose for themselves instead of in some cases sitting behind their preconceived notions of rumour, stories and others opinions.  

Report Post Tip

Well Mr. Heat you sure do seem to be quite the 'respecting' type yourself :D

Who am I to question the person who talks of respect and then demands it in response before actually discovering if their words earn it? :D

Does pull define your ability to speak now? Must be awfully boring and tedious conversations...

All I've done is ask how you can require a response to be respectful... which is different for each person... without defining what is and isn't respectful in your eyes. Quite foolish. :D

Why can't responses ask for arguments? Why can't I ask questions and share my opinion? :D

I don't share your views nor am I important to your family, if those are the only opinions you wanted I suggest next time to speak about it in private if you don't want other opinions from the public :D

Report Post Tip

Opinions are valued and most welcome, other wise bringing this subject public would of obviously been a wasted effort. If it needs to be broken down I would be more then happy to assist with this.

Respect goes back to personal standards ultimately, I feel that there should be a common level of respect shown between men and women. When taking the time to talk with a street speaker about there topic at hand there are going to be a widespread spectrum of opinions. Not everyone is going agree all the time that is a given.

I don't share your views nor am I important to your family, if those are the only opinions you wanted I suggest next time to speak about it in private if you don't want other opinions from the public :D

You may not be of importance to our family, but when you decide to take the time and stop by someone talking there should be a relative amount of respect.

Report Post Tip

Now I must agree a bit with all parties here to be honest. 

Yes, people should show respect to the higher ranks within the world of ours. Rank, regardless, should always come first over whether an individual is liked, or agreed with majority of the time. Whether you disagree or like someone, if they have the rank, the respect should be given by showing. In this thing of ours, people who have been blessed with the higher ranks expect it as they well should. If they tell you to piss off, you do just that or at least make it look like you are. Until you have the power to make a difference then having to comply is just something you must get use too. 

Does that make it impossible to state your opinion? No, just the manner in which you state the opinion is all. 

People ask me all the time how I get away with making my points without pissing people off to the point where they have a legit reason to plug me, okay let me rephrase, shoot me, plugging sounds bad.

It's simple really, it's all in how you come across. If you come across as an arrogant prick then you'll be viewed in just that manner. If you put some thought in how you address something, use some intelligence in doing so then you can pretty much say what you want and still be respectful about it. 

Fine example:

Getting you shot "Fuck you buddy. Your idea is pure trash and you fucking know it. Go lick a donkey dick."

Saying the same thing but respectful "As much as I respect your opinion I must disagree, these are the reasons why.... Now excuse me while I get back to walking my dog, the bitch is grumpy when she goes eight hours without taking a dump"

Learning how to speak respectfully shows respect and opinions as well. 

I think that is the difference people must learn between giving respect and showing respect. 

You don't have to respect an individual, but you damn sure respect the rank by showing respect. Hope it makes a bit of sense. 

Now excuse me while I go bake a cake, my ol lday likes to hit the herbals a bit and wont get off my ass until she has her munchie fix. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Distorted Views
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL