Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 23:10:48
Page:  1 
Chicago, the rebirth Started by: JakeLuciano on Feb 04, '14 08:08

For so long Chicago had been the shining light of our world, a goliath of industry and prosperity, but today Chicago looks different. For the recent events have taken their toll on this glorious city, the city I am proud to call home. Physics teaches us that what goes up, must come down. History teaches us that all empires eventually fall. In times of darkness, is where we find our true strength, by believing and by working hard, and that is what this city will do. Chicago will be rebuilt. Foundations are being laid and this fallen city will be returned to greatness once again. 

So without further ado, I give you the start of the rebirth of Chicago. I am delighted to have Billy, ChipChocolate and FrankensteinX working with me in the Suburbs, and take this opportunity to congratulate the 3 of them on a job well done so far. In The Loop, we have the beautiful and deadly Maple, aided by NealMcaffrey. And in South Side, BrandonHeat will continue his fine work. 

For all the rumor mongers and the haters who want to preach that Chicago is a sinking ship and throw your pity parties, its time to let go. There has been enough bloodshed lately. 

I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the new auths, and to applaud my fellow Godfathers on their impeccable taste. This world has changed drastically over the past couple of weeks, but now is a time of renewed hope and vigour as we look forward to welcoming new Godfathers and watching our districts and cities prosper once again. 

Report Post Tip

Chicago will not be the same until my bloodline returns to it. Regardless Congratulations to your new auths, And good luck with attempting to rebuild it to its former glory.

Walks off muttering Terd4WestSideGF

Report Post Tip

It saddens me to see the state Chicago is currently in. Ran into the ground by it's own people taking eachother out. It's a real pity.

Report Post Tip

I believe the reason Chicago reached the state it did was because it wasn't unified and had no clear leader. I have no doubt with you as the city head Jake it will flourish back to its former glories. I hope one day to see the West Side open again too, that district holds a special place in my fathers bloodline. 

Report Post Tip

I have no doubt with you as the city head Jake it will flourish back to its former glories.

Wasn't Jake already the City head thoguh, Desmand? Just an observation.

I'm sure things will get better and Chicago will prosper once again, only time will tell.

Report Post Tip

Depends when you are talking. When there was Lynch, ChaosSpike, Cpt-Harris, Solastalgia etc? Probably not so much.

I hope JakeLuciano doesn't take offense to this but I believe only with the death of Solastalgia, DeadlySpikeS and Cantona has he now emerged as the clear city head. Before that there was clearly ambiguity as to whether there was a city and not just district heads.  

Report Post Tip

Ronald removes his hat and raises a silver-plated flask to the bitter wind.

Wise words from our illustrious Godfather!

We will bounce back better than ever under your auspices. I am proud to wear the Czylharz badge and to call Chicago home. With such awesome talent and proven leadership I have no doubt we will once again set the standard for excellence!

Report Post Tip

It saddens me to see the state Chicago is currently in. Ran into the ground by it's own people taking eachother out. It's a real pity.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I truly sad state of affairs.

I believe the reason Chicago reached the state it did was because it wasn't unified and had no clear leader.

Yes, because Cantona was clearly pitted against Jake. He was never against Jake or the prosperity of Chicago in the slightest. Good luck, Chicago. I am sure you will need it.

Report Post Tip

I hope your words are correct, Godfather, I really do.

When my bloodline first worked in Chicago, directly after the May war, we saw a city rising from the ashes under the control of Cpt-Harris, who authed four of what was a very small number of survivors to take the role of Godfather beside him.

All of us in Chicago enjoyed several months of stability, although my first ancestor in the city met an unfortunate end just before the stability ceased to be so.

In the last few months, it's been sad to see Chicago, a city once unified, tear itself steadily to shreds. I really and truly hope that you can restore the city to its former glory. Seeing so many of the old faces gone is truly a shame.

Rest in peace, Cpt-Harris, Lynch, Cantona, iocaste, DeadlySpikeS, ChaosSpike, Solastalgia and Penquin.

Good luck in returning Chicago back to its former prosperity, Jake.

Report Post Tip

Frankenstein listens to GodFather JakeLuciano and takes in what is being said. He nods intently and steps up to speak. 

"My lineage is a short one here and I have not been with you throught this year. I am honestly just coming into the close of this year. I've heard slander and talks about chicago and yourself but I say they are just haters at what you have built. Yes what goes up must come down and all empires eventually fall but I will work my hardest to see this flagship in tip top shape. This empire is far from falling and let those who say so cast the first stone and they will see just how wrong they are. I thank you for giving myself this opportunity. My leaders who brought me here to this day Don Roque her daughter Draven and Don Legendary rest in piece. I look forward to the future and to the rebirth!"

Frankenstein smiles takes a seat at his table.

Report Post Tip

It is great to see Chicago grow once again after the unfortunate death as of recent. 

I feel a great sense of pride in being here to help in the rebirth of Chicago working with Maple in The Loop. It's great to see you come out here as you have Godfather Jake!

Report Post Tip
Vincent already knew most of the new leaders in Chicago, as a few of their sponsors had tried recruiting him. He hadn't however gotten the chance to congratulate many of them, for Ragnar_Lothbrok kept him rather busy within the HQ. Though he personally wasn't part of Chicago anymore, many generations of his bloodline had been for years on end, and he felt it only appropriate that he extend his well wishes.

"I much echo Anna's statement here, I truly hope that your claims to building up a strong Chicago are true. My line had been part of Chicago's finest for years in a row now, and I think that you definitely have what it takes to get it back to what most of us are used to seeing. Good luck not only to you Jake, but to Chip, Billy, and Frank!"

Vincent slipped back off into the business district to consume more alcohol, presumably to ward off the piercing cold.
Report Post Tip
Ever since returning to these shores my bloodline has mainly been in Chicago, to be more specific the Suburbs. These auths just like the last ones will be extremely successful. I know Jake that you can make this city thrive and prosper just as it was. Also congratulations to Frank, Billy and Chip on your auths they are well deserved and best of luck gents.
Report Post Tip

Gaius stepped in behind the crowd that was dispersing and begged the Godfather from Chicago's forgiveness for his tardiness. Alas, the wenches down the street were filling him with liquor and his crew were off robbing like maniacs on a binge. Life was good.

Godfather, very few can say they have been in your shoe's. Even fewer understand what you have went through to build your empire. The friendships, the guilt, the power you have held and continue to hold.

It is a true honor to be working alongside you in this thing of ours. I look forward to watching and helping Chicago grow even stronger under your reign.

Should you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to ask. My door is always open to one such as you.

Gaius gave the old Godfather a nod and walked on about his business, chuckling as he watched a youngling steal yet another purse. Alas the envelope would be a nice one tonight.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chicago, the rebirth
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL