Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:28:50
Page:  1 
War - What is it good for Started by: Starscream on Feb 06, '14 05:04

On his way home from the cemetery where he had been to in order to visit his fallen comrades, Starscream notices an unoccupied soapbox, with ppl gathered around it.

He approaches the box and the man using it as a stool and politely asks the man "Do you mind if I borrow this for a few minutes sir? 
The man obliges, Starscream stands on the box and begins to speak...

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, I have come to these streets today, to talk about something dear to my heart and also ask about your opinion.
The question in itself is simple but the answers are not.
War... what's your opinion about wars? Are they a healthy part of our community?
Or do you consider it to be destructive and counterproductive to what we are trying to achieve?"

Starscream pauses... allowing the question sink in

"The majority would agree that it's obviously destructive, since it will destabilize the society and leave many orphans, depending on the magnitude of the war itself.

However, wars are not only destructive, they are also healthy too.
Did I say healthy? Yes I did
Healthy, as they can sometimes be the only way to settle disputes and better our community.
The recent war was a 'healthy' war, it was needed, as Godfather Dripple explained."

"This thing of ours can be summed up with two key ingredients which come hand in hand;
Violence and Money... where there is money there will be always Violence. 
The third factor here, is that every war gets rid of the weaker ones - which in it's turn will raise the level that people need to build a crew to to be any where near formidable.

The crowd's facial expression changes and he sees a few people clearly being upset and preparing to give their input 

"But I didn't come here to dictate what you should think or you agreeing with me...
I came here to ask your opinions of war.
So, come on up here and tell me what you think"

Starscream steps down from the soapbox.

Report Post Tip

Scorpion tips his hat as he walks down the streets and over hears Starscreams speech

What can I say about my thoughts on war, I believe it is the cycle of life. There is the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, it is survival of the fittest for sure. Fighting along side your comrades in a war is a beautiful thing, win or loose. It proves who you really are and if a glorious death appears well atleast it was not for nothing. You have family in times of war which no other bond can be stronger. It proves loyalty and really makes the next generation stronger. Atleast with a family it is at most times a flip of the coin to determine the victor. Although a reason for a war must be reasonable or it just takes an ugly turn.

Scorpion nodds as he finishes looking at the crowd then redirecting his attention to Starscream

Those were my opinions on war, my friend I hope some of my viewpoints can help in any way

Scorpion then hangs back and lights a joint

Report Post Tip

While I agree that most of the war gets rid of the weak, there are some instances where the seemingly weak gets the upper hand. This of course can only happen if the weak side have a good strategy. Taking the stronger opponent by surprise can be one. Now to the question..."What is my opinion about wars?"...Wars should be the last result of resolving issues.While for me wars are counter productive...still it is part of the life cycle as scorpion has said. Like what my great grandfather use to say..."I hate wars...but I'll fight one anytime if really needed.

Report Post Tip

Of course war is healthy.

Our world is essentially a goldfish bowl. Unlike the other worlds that we imitate, our whole lives on these shores are dictated by our mob obligations. With nothing on the outside of this world and the only thing to focus on while we are in it being building strength, building money, building contacts... frankly, what else are we supposed to do, if not war?

Periods of stagnation have proved unhealthy for our world. Those who preside of them, often remembered as dictators, start to be remembered negatively, if for no other reason than that they ruled for a long time and became hard to kill.

Think of all the comments you hear on the reign of Roman. My line wasn't around at the time, but from what I've heard, I'm not sure we would've really fancied living under his rule.

We need wars. We need the excitement, we need the shock, as insane as it sounds, we need to die and we need to have our children, with fresh outlooks, come take our place. War is part of the lifeblood of our world, whether we like it or not.

In the short term, war can seem as though it has clipped back our world, damaged it, taken too much away. In reality though, I'd argue that without war, if our world stayed peaceful for too long, we'd have lost too much by holding hands through it. Too many would be bored of the status quo and leave to find the life of excitement and danger they were promised here elsewhere.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: War - What is it good for
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL