Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 10:44:29
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Heavens Smoothest Angel Started by: Corky on Feb 06, '14 21:41

I have literally been sitting here for hours trying to come up with the words write and what to say.  There are no easy words for news such as this.  Last night, we lost one of our own. She was someone who was not only near and dear to my heart, but many others here as well, Silk. Some of you may have known her as Innocence, Jordan, Martina, Mikala, Cray, and the list goes on. She was an integral part of the community here and touched many lives.

I had plans on writing a big long heartfelt speech, but the truth is that the words just aren't there.  The pain of her passing is still all too real for me.  But before I end this speech, I would like to share a little of my history with Michelle.

A little over a year ago we met here on MR, and became fast friends role playing in the Business Districts.  I knew from the moment I started talking with Michelle that we would be incredibly close friends.  I count myself extremely lucky to have had the privilege to get to know her outside of MR.  She was an absolute joy to be around, she knew how to make me smile and make me laugh.  She was the kind of person that would do absolutely anything for a friend, and would never ask for a single thing in return. I know when my time comes, and I find my place in heaven, she will be first in line to greet me at those gates.

Until that time, Michelle, I have no words to express the sadness and loss I feel in my heart.  It feels like a piece of me left this earth when you passed. The love, respect, and just pure and simple friendship you showed to me will always be remembered.  My time with you wasn't nearly long enough, but each moment... each smile and each laugh we shared, will never be forgotten.  I love you my friend.

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Report Post Tip

This is such sad news, she was a great girl and will be missed by many.

Report Post Tip

My comments still stand about my dear friend:

At the end of the day, Mafia Returns will be what it's made for, a game. We grow relationships, enemies, etc, whatever. All that aside, there is a aspect of this game that does touch close to home sometimes. When I first came around this game, there were two people that I became very close with, very comfortable with. Jynx and Silk. As jynx taught me how to play the game, it wasn't long after that I had the honor to met with Silk.

There are a lot of things that happen in real life, that are completely out of our hands... Sadly, this is one of them. Michelle was a sweet person and to hear the news that she passed away... Well, it honestly hit me hard. It still does. Michelle was a lovable person, and one of the few people that I confined in to talk to. Whether it was a secret, question, or just support... She was someone I could count on to hear me and out and give me guidance. She became not only my friend on this game, but a friend that I held close to my heart in life as well. And I know she had became close to a lot of you also.

So.. I made this my chance to say goodbye since I never had the opportunity to. I love you, Michelle, and I will truly miss you being around. Even though you're gone, you will not be forgotten. And thank you... for everything. You were everything I could ask for in a friend, and I pray that I was the same for you. You'll always be in my heart.

Love Always and fly with the angels,

Cory Chase

Report Post Tip
Heh this has to be the hardest goodbye I have said a lot of you probably know how close are bloodlines were , I talked to Michelle nearly everyday was her hand multiple times. This is going to be very hard on me I don't want to say goodbye I am not supposed to be you were supposed to get better and we were supposed to have wild cocaine orgies like I promised you only a short while ago.

I'm going to miss you so much , all the laughs we were supposed to have all the <3's we were supposed to give each other when you would log on irc I'm going to miss all the jokes we would make of having tons of kids together and teaching them how to play mafia and run the game. You were special to me my best friend on here and I loved every moment with you Michelle just writing this thread I am crying as I have when I look and listen to things that remind me of you.

I don't know if this game will be the same without you , you were everything to me I know you will will smoke one for me in heaven and one day we will meet again and you will snort cocaine off my abs and swoon when I flex but until then I want you to know

I fucking love you with everything I have you touched my life in a very special way I will miss you everyday.

<3 GoodFellas
Report Post Tip

It was a honor getting a chance to work with you, you were always friendly and helpful regardless of what I asked you answered me. We talked a little here and there after that , shared some laughs and had some conversations about what might happen next in Sons of anarchy.

I'm glad I got a chance to know you a little bit and I will remember our talks.

Rest in peace Silk , you'll be missed <3

Report Post Tip

I remember being a noob who had no idea what loyalty was despite the many good Crew Leaders I had been with. One of the first where I stopped doing that was Silk. She had been auth under Simplicity and I wanted to join her because I felt like I owed her for leaving her and Simplicity and acting like all would be well after.

She was a star, somebody I looked up to, her and DaKine made me understand what loyalty was, and what it meant to be part of a family. She was proud of anything I did and refused to let me look weak in any way shape or form. She was by far the best Leader I had back then. She showed me how to be a true player of the game.

It is sad to say that we fell apart but I am glad to know that I at the very least got to be able to try to say good bye, whether it reached you or not is not known to me but I did try my best to reach out how I could.

We lost a true angel and it saddens me to see this as we lose another star from our community. I am sure one day I will see you in Heaven leading the charge and leading the Angels orchestra.

Report Post Tip

I never had the pleasure of truly knowing Silk, beyond a few exchanges here and there. She always struck me as a nice person and as somebody that I thought that I'd end up working with, eventually. I find it a great shame sat here tonight that that eventually will never be.

What I do know about Silk, is that she made a huge impression here. When I first came into this world, I saw her as the Godmother of Los Angeles. That city was like few others I've seen - one of the most unified groups I've seen and it was genuinely a shame to take that city down. She nearly always had a nice word for my (rather numerous) funerals, and to me, that encompassed what I perceived as one of her strongest aspects: she made time for people.

The people she used to work with, those who stood beside her during her runs, the people she worked with, those loyal to her and her close friends are her legacy here now, and I don't think she could ask for a better one. You guys will do her proud, and keep her name alive, of that I have no doubts.

Rest in Peace, Silk. MR will miss you.

Report Post Tip

I met silk on a different game and she was the one that actually brought me to Mafia Returns several years ago. On that first game, Silk was the one that introduced me to irc and included me in her group of friends on irc. Without that I wouldn't have ever acquired the name Eepster. A great friendship developed between us in the early years and drifted away the later ones. I hadn't been close with her in the last couple of years, but my respect for her never went away. This news is very shocking and we have all lost a wonderful player in our community. 

Just as Jericho said and many more will, Rest in peace silk, you truly will be missed. 

Report Post Tip
Silk has touched all of us and I personally consider my life better because she was a part of it.
Report Post Tip

Silk is someone i have always had a lot of time for, we worked together on several occassions  even went rogue together.  She was a great person to be around, with a fantastic personality and one of the craziest people i have ever met at stages.  If i take something special from my time, my best would be back in the days when i was Liza in game.  Jynx and Silk and i would act like 3 sisters(even though am male) as we screwed around and tried to outdo each other in various HQ's including Corys.

Silk was someone who would help anyone but not burden anyone with her troubles, would get the occassional vent especially when she was in NY with paul and frank but thats was part of her.  She had this drive to get to the top, but there was a personality behind it and she was one in  a million.

She wasn't just about the rank, the donations; was about the game being fun, and thats what some leaders miss out on and could learn a lot from.  It brought great results for her and the best out of some of her crew.  To me Silk's a loss as a friend, a rival hitter and potential godfather.  She was truly something special, and i wish we had more people like her.

Rest in Peace Silk

Report Post Tip

I've known her for long but I wish I'd known her for longer. One of the most amazing people I've met on here. I'm gutted to hear this. Hope she finds peace, wherever she is. You will be missed, Silky. :(

Report Post Tip

I am deeply crushed by the news of our loss. I wish i had the chance to talk with her one last time. I cannot hold back the  tears as I remember all the fun and amazing experiences that i shared with Innocence from the day we first met. I wish i could say more but I can barely speak now as it is.

Silk, You were an amazing friend to me and i will never forget you. I will forever cherish the times that we shared here and your memory will forever remain in my heart.

Rest With The angels hun <3

Report Post Tip

My heart goes out to you and her loved ones Corky. When the closest person to me died several years ago I was given a painting done by a preachers wife. It quotes a part of psalm 56:8; It still hangs on my wall to this day.

Put Though My Tears Into They Bottle

This is solid proof that only the good die young. She may have had a tough exterior but she had a heart of gold. I learned more from her and had many laughs with her over the time I was with her. She took me in when I was lost and made me into what I am here today. When we didn't know something, we figured it out together. When there were game changes, we tested them together. Her thirst for knowledge was immense, her teachings were immeasurable. We role played all over MR not because it boosted our stats but because we shared the love of it.

We spent hours upon hours in the LooneyBin on IRC laughing it up and having a blast. Our sense of humors blended well together. We built LA together. We conspired to wreak havoc together but as we all know she was always INNOCENT. There was not a better person here than Silk. She made this place. We have lost a true Angel. She will be deeply missed and never forgotten.

Report Post Tip

ps ... auto correct sucks. I'm too old to keep up with that. Lets see if I can defeat it!

Put Thou My Tears Into Thy Bottle

victory!

Report Post Tip

Ive been sitting here thinking, and thinking. Its hard to come up with what to say. What most comes to mind are the talks we had in #Angeles, and #Randomland. Followed by the insane group calls. We would all be up till whatever time A.M. just talking, laughing, drinking and smoking.

I wish I would have gotten closer to Michelle, and I regret not doing so. But to the times we had, the laughs we shared, This songs for Michelle.

Avenged Sevenfold: So Far Away

May she rest well, and rock out at that Great Gig in the Sky. Keep a Doober stashed for me dear. I'll see you soon enough. We will catch up then.

Report Post Tip

God damn...I don't even know how to put into words what I'm feeling after hearing the news of this. Instead, I'll share my memories as others have.

I met Michelle years ago when she was running with Selena and Ruthless. We talked every once in a while, I made her crappy profile pictures that she was too polite to refuse. Then she left for a bit. Once in a while when she'd be around we would make small talk, but it wasn't until more recently that she and I grew to be very close. When Simplicity, Silk, and I ran New York under the names Clarity, Jordan, and Xiphos. Working so close together built the friendship that began years ago. There's lots of things I remember during this time that I hold close to heart. Our competition to get members when Simplicity got Godfather, and I was going to set up. She was already an established crew leader with a few members, me only starting out hoping to get the bulk of Guns and Horses, Inc. The skype calls while Simplicity and I played Minecraft, and the ones where we were bored and drinking and just decided to chat. The inside joke that she and I were married and living together that was an attempt to keep creepers from hitting on her. As time went by, our bond only grew stronger. I told her things that I wouldn't even tell some of my other friends, simply because I knew she wouldn't judge, and give me the best advice possible. She helped me through dealing with my dad being diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately she and I weren't talking much when my dad eventually passed away, but for some reason when I told her, it was like we never skipped a beat, and she tried to make me realize that everything was going to be okay.

All these memories I will hold close to my heart. I'm not sure what happens in death, but I hope with all my heart that she's in a better place. The world we live in is that much worse off without her in it.

I've said this to you many times in game, Michelle, but now I say it for real. Rest in peace. You'll always hold a place in my heart.

Report Post Tip

Silk, you knew how much I cared about you. You knew the memories we have had from here. 

Sadly I never got to say good bye to a dear friend. It breaks my heart that I was never able too. 

I can't write much due to the sadness it brings. 

Just know that you will never be forgotten and you are loved by many. 

The world has lost a great and ambitious soul. 

Report Post Tip

I just saw this and cant belive it, i am litteraly with tears in my eyes, silk was awesome person.

RIP legend

Report Post Tip

This breaks my heart.  

We became pretty good friends, talking about things we had in common. She was the reason I kept coming back and trying to do what little I could do. I remember us writing a lot of random stories. Those were great times I remember when Simplicity was in New York along with Sao and Silk. We started Unique Rabbits together, funny how she got inspiration from my tattoo. I was her Right Hand for a bit, she was the one to give me a chance at something big. Something I had never done before. Though it was short lived and I had to leave due to my own personal problems. I disappeared for almost a year and had unfortunately stopped talking with Michelle.

So here is where I say Thank-you Michelle for being a friend. You were a great person to everyone around you. 

I will never ever forget you. 

Report Post Tip
I don't really know where to begin...

Michelle,you taught me what I needed to know during my time and successes here. That raw attractive energy that pushed me daily for years. Not many people know this, that it was you who had taken me under your wing when I was just a new member and showed me, with a lot of patience I might add, how to do what I used to do best. One of two people that shaped my roles as a developing player as well as a member of this community, the other, my old friend BillyBathtub.

So many good times, so many talks, so many mishaps,(on my part), but there you were encouraging me every step of the way.

Looking at all your accomplishments, the circles you frequented, the friendships and bonds that you made only attest to the the kind of woman that you are. An amazing person who touched the lives in some way or the other to the many members of this community both present and gone.

Having to hear about this, this evening through friends who understood exactly what you meant to me came as complete shock. I was completely unaware about the state that you were in until now and if I had, I would have hoped to at the very least have contacted you to just check in on you as you did for me so many times, over and over again. And with a heavy heart, it's going to be something that I'm always going to regret.

You will be missed by many and I will miss you even more. Thank you for the wonderful memories, for everything you've done for me. For just being you and every dirty little secret we've kept.

The one race you should have never won and if I could trade places with you, I would in a heartbeat.
You'd always have both my love and respect, Silky.

Forever my HSL,
Authed.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Heavens Smoothest Angel
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL