Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 10:55:41
Page:  1 
Who, Why And Now? Started by: Dripple on Feb 08, '14 00:39

Dripple stepped to the streets and looked around. The air was wonderful, the sights amazing to see. It never ceased to amaze him at the hustle and bustle of the crowds that moved about their daily activities. He chuckled to himself as he watched a young mafioso rip an old ladies purse from her hands and bolt down a dark alley before the pigs even got notified of the disturbance. He would get his envelope from that later.

Stepping on his favorite porch step he sighed and decided to give a speech.

It's quite apparent, the recent events over the last few weeks has hit the world pretty hard. Now it's not in my nature to sit and blame people, quite a lot of the blood shed did stem from my own doing. I can't hide from that fact, I showed my face and took what was thrown at me like any man in my position would.

I'm not here today to give you exciting news unfortunately. Everybody is in the process of rebuilding each respective city and it's not really my concern at the moment to please the masses, but I do have a few questions I've been pondering and I'm curious if anyone has an opinion.

Dripple chuckled to himself over this last statement. The years had shown him that everyone had an opinion, the question was if they would voice it publicly.

The question has always been, why do the mighty powers at the top do fuck all to help or create new things? I have seen many of my ancestors journals when Godfathers pass away without doing anything. I'd like to shed some light on this. Being at the top is about creating alliances and politics. Without the surrounding Godfathers having your back, you end up very lone, and very dead. 

The most remembered Godfathers are the people who change rules and cause friction between cities. I could quite easily place a tax on visiting Detroit. But, what would that achieve barring a few bucks here and there? It would certainly cause my demise. Am I scared of dying? Not at all, but putting Detroit in a vulnerable position isn't something I am keen on doing. The people under me are the best and I absolutely love waking up each day with them at my side.

The last few months have seen the current Godfathers creating a bond which will help the world prosper indefinitely, so tell me. Why would one of us want to jeopardize ourselves and our families for a few bucks?

In summary, I would ask. When things are good, why break them? What Godfathers do you remember, and why? Is there anything you would like to see happen that hasn't? What change can we make to continue our mobster lives thriving?

Dripple smiled and stepped off the porch waiting patiently for a response to his musings.

Report Post Tip
Basically, there is a need for clashing personalities, ideologies, business interests or alliances.
War, what is it good for?

In this thing... A lot...
Report Post Tip

Faithless walks into the streets. Listening to Dripple she stares blankly.

I cannot answer why the powers to be don't do anything to help or create new things. I am sure not all of them would like to be seen as such though. There have always been Godfathers that have done things. Whether it is within their own cities or publicly.

Why break things that are good? Maybe your perception of something that is good is not the same as another persons. What's good for one person is not always good for another.

As for Godfathers that my line remembers the most? CrazyNine, TheDean, Revolve,  Cantona, and Tank. There are a few well remembered that were acting city heads when they died, such as Technical. Each of these I remember more clearly for the way they ran their cities or districts. Maybe for some they weren't popular in the public eye but behind the scenes they ran things epically. My bloodline has been around for quite some time and finding places that we actually enjoy are not as easy as it is for other people. I enjoy the Godfathers that have allowed me to use my brain to think for myself. Who are able to look at things from another perspective without automatically thinking it is an insult to them. Each person in a city or district should have the ability if they are unhappy or just have a suggestion on how to improve something for the better to be able to say so without fear of their death.

I know I didn't get into a long detailed reason why each of those are remembered to me but they are. At the very least to me.

I have some ideas for changes or suggestions but I don't feel it is appropriate for me to say what any of the Godfathers or leaders should or shouldn't do. Although if you are curious Mr Dripple I will gladly have a conversation with you in the form of letters rather than street speeches if you are truly interested in such.

Faithless smiles and steps back into the shadows so someone else may speak.

Report Post Tip

As he sits casually at a bench across from the local jail, plotting yet another escape, Bolkonsky can't help overhearing the Godfather's thought-provoking questions. Forgetting his promise to free the incarcerated HelpDesk, he takes a moment to gather his opinions, then stands and speaks.

Godfather, if I may offer my thoughts on the matter:

I would propose that it's far more difficult to keep things from breaking when they're good. When things are bad, it's quite simple - identify the problem and eliminate it.

But good relationships break down much more subtly than weak ones. We see this happen in our personal lives; I would submit that the effect is even greater here in our line of work, where we stake our very lives on our trust of those around us despite the treachery that is an inevitable and endemic part of our world. When everyone is competing for money and power, friends will step on toes -- and when it happens, you'd better be sure no harm was intended. The stakes are high, and there are too many conflicting interests to overlook the hard work required to maintain an alliance.

He clears his throat.

I would not presume to offer advice to you, Godfather, and I am far removed from the politics of city leadership, but if you will indulge me, I will say that the threat of someone causing serious friction seems less worrisome than the risk of a gradual erosion of trust.

Report Post Tip

Dana steps up to the man, laying her weapon on his desk and respectfully removing her hat

Godfather,

I see the peace that has currently fallen over these streets as a good one. A war just ended, all be it a brief one and things are being rebuilt people are growing and learning and those are good things. There was a time when people were so blood thirsty, seeing someone make to to even made was a rare thing so in general the peace is good one.

It would seem though, sir, that a long lasting peace say one of months might not be so. We need change from time to time but if you, and the other godfathers can forge a long lasting peace where basically only those who screw up are dieing how will our world know change again? It is not a matter of want, sir, it is not that I want to die or see my family or friends die in these streets. It is a matter of what is best for the world as a whole and a long sustained peace may very well create a stagnation which sees faces vanish from this thing of ours instead of coming to it.

As far as innovation, what can the godfathers do to create meaningful change? I haven't seen anything which hasn't already been done. Our world has rules, set down by you and the other godfathers which keep it civil and a good place to live. As new things are introduced by the gods our world will change to reflect that for better or worse. I would offer then that you, as a leader, should do what leaders have always done to my memory. Be fair with people and try to do your best at keeping the world smuck-free, some will agree others won't but in the end you are at the top the decisions are yours. For what its worth, the fact you came to the streets and asked the people below you what you should do means a good deal. It shows you care what people think and aren't just ruling with an iron fist because you can. It reflects well on you, at least in my eyes.

With that Dana bowed slightly picking up her weapon and placing it in the holster then replacing her hat before showing herself to the door

Report Post Tip

When things are good, why break them?

I believe that there are things in this world that are zero-sum. I think the time and money we invest in our crews and crewleaders are not zero-sum, but the power the crewleaders derive from that time and money is. Therefore, while there may be a parallel or simultaneous increase in time and money among all the crews, certain crews are collecting relative gains over others. These gains start to add up, and eventually you find yourself in a situation of inferiority or minority, and individuals who seek to increase their gains over others will start to favor war talk. At some points, war is the most viable option for an individual or crew to expand its power.

What Godfathers do you remember, and why?

I remember no Godfathers; the only ones that matter are the living ones.

Is there anything you would like to see happen that hasn't?

I would like to see innovation. I suppose I'll provide more on this later, but I see aspects of our world that aren't really taking the full advantage of the tools given to us. These can, and must, be innovated. The crews which do so can reign in the previously mentioned relative gains and put themselves at the top.

What change can we make to continue our mobster lives thriving?

Absolute equality and zero mistakes. Anything short of that and you will have conflict. Conflict can be resolved, but eventually a conflict will arise that either crosses the threshold of forgiveness or it becomes favorable to scale up the conflict to war.

That being said, the best we can do is use our time as effectively as possible. As said before, the crew which does so the most effectively will eventually become superior.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Who, Why And Now?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL