Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 19:32:55
Page:  1 
Just a regular, everyday occurrence. Started by: Vegeta on Feb 10, '14 18:29
It started as a morning just like any other. Vegeta slept well past his alarm, and if it were not for what sounded like an elephant kicking in his door, he probably would have missed the morning completely. 
He awoke in a daze and instinctively reached for his gun, took off the safety and held it out, pointed at the door. Again the elephant kicked out at his door, the hinges almost buckling under the tremendous pressure. 
Vegeta contemplated his next move, scanning the room, but the previous nights session at the local speakeasy was making things incredibly difficult. Just as things looked hopeless, the elephant spoke?!...

“Vegeta you lazy bum! Get the fuck out of bed and open the door!” Vegeta recognised this voice, deep and authoritative, but in his booze ridden state couldn’t match it to a face.
Mustering all his strength, Vegeta stood up and called out “just a minute!” as he grabbed a robe and hastily fastened it around himself. 
Walking from his bed, he could see two shadows cast onto his floor from under the door, still clutching his gun he thought how wise it was to have the door measured half an inch too short. You can never be too careful in this thing of ours, and it paid to take any advantage you could.

Just putting one foot in front of the other caused excruciating pain, his head pounded with every step and sweat began to bead on his brow.
He heard the two men muttering, but could only make out the odd word here and there. Standing to one side to maximise his shooting angle, Vegeta reached out a shaky hand to the door knob, turned it, and pulled the door open just a jar, only to have the door forced open in his face and two men barge in arguing with one another about nothing in particular. Most of their arguing was lost on Vegeta due to the newly acquired ringing in his ears, but Vegeta knew it was most likely an argument not worth wading in on.

Through weary eyes Vegeta struggled to focus as the men continued their argument, completely ignoring the drunken fool laying at their feet. The argument seemed to last forever, long enough thankfully for Vegeta to focus and recognise the men as Mako and Goten, RHM and LHM of The Z Fighters respectively. Relieved, Vegeta sat up and put the safety back on his gun then sat there looking up at the pair. “Right then” Said Mako, looking at Vegeta, “Get yourself showered, shaved and suited. The boss wants to see you at the HQ in 2 hours.” Vegeta went to speak but was cut off by Goten pointing and wagging his finger “And Make sure it’s your best suit, and don’t forget to shine your shoes!”. 

With that the pair made their way out of the door, not glancing back and continuing their argument all the way down the hall. Vegeta just sat there for a while, contemplating what the boss could possibly want with him. The beads of sweat on his brow grew larger until they lost their battle against gravity, and went cascading down his face.

The next hour was spent sitting on the floor of the shower, sweating out a hangover and fretting about his meeting with the boss. 
Twenty minutes were spent shaving and fretting about his meeting with the boss.
A further ten minutes were spent getting dressed, shining shoes and fretting about his meeting with the boss. 
The last thirty minutes seemed to last an eternity, Standing outside the HQ, smoking cigarette after cigarette. Just as Vegeta threw his fifth cigarette to the pavement he saw the bosses car pull up and Goten get out, walk around to the back and open the door for Goku to get out. 

Both men were impeccably dressed, and put Vegeta’s efforts to shame. Mako then got out of the other side of the car, just as well dressed as the others and joined the pair as they made their way inside the HQ and straight past Vegeta. Only Goten stopped to acknowledge Vegeta standing there, wide eyed and trembling slightly. 
He stepped on Vegeta’s discarded cigarette and looked him up and down, paused and said “You call that your best suit?! You could have made more effort.” 
Vegeta tried to speak but words failed him. It was challenge enough to subdue the urge to be physically sick, let alone think of a quip in return. 
Smiling, Goten ushered Vegeta into the HQ and up the stairs. “Right this way pal” he said as they reached the door of Goku’s office. Goten opened the door, motioned for Vegeta to walk in, and followed him into the bosses office, closing the door behind them both...
Report Post Tip

Goku awoke earlier than normal that morning, he had had another nightmare. This time he was visited in his dreams by the first man he ever killed, some twenty years prior. Goku was only 16 when he took the poor bum's life; it was the kill required of him by Don ToyArmadillo when he was just an associate in Chicago. The man, whose name Goku never knew, had been harassing one of the don's clients for a few weeks, and was not responding to the brutal beatings he had been getting whenever one of the DoG crossed his path. Goku had taken care of the man in a blustery Chicago alley on Christmas Eve, and then spent the night with a bottle of whiskey, trying to drink away the memory. It hadn't worked.

He got out of bed and made his way downstairs, drinking in the smell of freshly brewed coffee. So much had changed of late. The move to New York had gone well, and he was now residing in Staten Island and running a small outfit of his own. He was quite enjoying having his own maid, and not only because she did all the housework. He sipped from his coffee and flicked through the morning paper; the Dodgers had lost again.

Today was a big day. He was meeting one of his guys at the HQ, along with Mako and Goten. Vegeta was to be made today, inducted into the family in earnest. Goku wanted it to be special, like his induction was years back in Chicago. He showered and dressed himself, grabbed another cup of coffee for the ride, and went outside and into his car. His driver took him the long way to the HQ, picking up Goten and Mako on the way, plus Goku always enjoyed the scenic route, and it was less crowded. 

When they arrived, Goku got out and led the way up to his office. He sat in his comfy chair and lit a cigarette, savoring the burn in his throat as ever. After a few minutes' waiting Vegeta and Goten entered the room, and Goku indicated that he should sit in the chair accross the table. 

"Vegeta, you were one of the first people to come here when we first bought this little building, not so long ago. You have worked your ass off since becoming one of our associates and have impress me, Mako, and Goten. It is our belief that it is now your time to be made, to be accepted into the family forever." Goku smiled at Vegeta and held out his hand for a ring kiss.

"Do not take this lightly my friend. Now, you are one of us, and will be held accountable and responsible for the image you portray everywhere. Being a made guy isn't just more money and women. It's an honor, and a responsibility. Make us proud."

Report Post Tip

Vegeta couldn't be sure if it was the alcohol from last night, or the news he had just been given by Goku than was causing his heart rate to skyrocket! Leaning forward, and taking Goku's hand to kiss the ring on his finger, had nearly ended in Vegeta toppling over and into the desk. Luckily he kept his composure.

"It is an honour to be welcomed officially into this family, I pledge my life to my brothers and sisters here and will wear my button with utmost pride. Thank you all for your guidance and patience, I came here as a lowlife nobody without a friend in the world, and now am surrounded by people I love and would trust with my life. I can safely say, with complete sincerity that today, is the best day of my life."

Vegeta scans the faces of Goku, Mako and Goten as a wry smile creeps across his face. Despite his nausea, only one thing filled his mind. Maybe a 'Hair of the Dog' is just the ticket to cure what ails me Vegeta thought to himself.

"Now that's enough of the soppy stuff! Who is going to crack open the booze?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Just a regular, everyday occurrence.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL