Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 18:49:50
Page:  1 
What's your lineage? Started by: Captious4 on Feb 12, '14 00:46

Recently I was sitting around in Philly and thinking about the various interactions between members of my "lineage" and those from the family of  Silk. My line knew members of Silk's family that were both direct descendants and extended relations. This made Silk's family somewhat unique in our line of work as it seems for most mobsters the business is a direct family heritage, passed on from father/mother to daughter/son. My own "family" really doesn't work properly like this and involves some descendants, but also some reincarnations and associations with friends of the family that have become a part of it.

I'm curious about your lines. Have you had any non direct ancestors in your line of work? Have you considered recruiting extended family members or even friends to continue where you leave off when your time in this world is through? Do you feel that the business should be kept between direct descendents or are you open to your work being carried out through a more... colorful, spectrum of recipients?

Report Post Tip

Invidia listened to what her friend said and thought of it for a while. She understood what he was asking and wished she knew how to say what she was thinking.
Invidia went over to Captious4 and asked if she could say a few words and when he nodded and stepped down she stepped up.

First of all I wish that every one is aware that I don't have a long bloodline in these shores. My mother didn't want me to be in the whole mobster thing because even though she liked everything and she loved her family, because you all should know that she did love her family, she wanted me to be outside of this killing. 
You could say she wanted me to have a better life, but as for me, I couldn't ask for a better life. 
Ever since my mother past away (god rest her soul), this family has taken such a good care of me and I couldn't ask for better friends. 

On the question if I would have any non direct ancestors to take after me when I pass away, I can just say "I don't know.". For me it all depends on how much you can trust someone else outside your family or bloodline. Haven't we all been in the same situation when you think you can trust someone and then it turns out they just did everything to get in your good graces, just so they could then stab you in the back? It happened to lots of people I know and have heard of, but since my bloodline is so young it still haven't happened to us. And hopefully never will. 
However if you do have proof that you can trust them and that they will do everything in their power to make sure your legacy goes on like it did before I think you should and can let them take over your work. 
Why wouldn't you? I know I could never do anything to hurt my family or bloodline so I expect the same from those I have around me. And if I do trust someone so much that I could consider them to take over me, I would. Without a doubt. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My IRL cousin, RichardRoma was brought into this way of life by me and eclipsed me initially, he was in Ganelon's crew when the RHM wiped out a large number of high rankers.

He served as my RHM in LV.  He is missed.

Report Post Tip

Have you considered recruiting extended family members or even friends to continue where you leave off when your time in this world is through? Do you feel that the business should be kept between direct descendants or are you open to your work being carried out through a more... colorful, spectrum of recipients?

I have never considered having a family member or friend take over any of my business ventures. In fact, I don't think I would be pleased if a relative of mine were to show up and find someone she didn't know running her family business. With that being said, if someone asked if it were okay with it ... if I thought they would do the business justice and put the time into it, I would give my blessing. When I build a business, I BUILD a business. I do the research. I don't just write up a few lines saying "I'm opening a business ... I offer nothing new but welcome to my bar .. what can I get you?"

Report Post Tip

Now that you mention I have called very close friends that I would consider to be my brothers. My Great-Grandpapi called about 2 of his best friends to be his Right hand and Left Hand. Good old days of Bella Vista. My one ancestral brother I still talk to today his is one of my associates. 

Report Post Tip

a bunch of suicidal dueling ass hats!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What's your lineage?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL