Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 15:54:14
Page:  1 
Were you not taught?! Started by: Titus_Atta on Feb 15, '14 11:21

Titus walks out onto the street with a bit of an angry looking face. He violently grabs a milk crate and flips it over, then stand on it. He looks at the people in front of him before he makes a loud whistle to get their attention. Then begins to speak with a look of utter disgust.

"So there is something that has been bothering me for quite a few weeks now. The way I see recruiting done in our parts, and no I don't mean the whoring of members. This honestly doesn't bother me.. Maybe because I have been accused of whoring members before. But, no what bothers me is when I see a baby face fresh off the boats with no messages sent but yet they have an invite in their invite box!"

He then slows himself down and takes a deep breath, then continues once he has controlled his temper which was obvious in his previous statements.

"Many time's in my life and my fathers life have we approached the person and asked them why they did this.. We were given all sorts of responses, some of the more memorable.. "You don't ask someone to go to your party before giving them an invitation do ya?".. "Hey cupcake why don't you mind your business and let me mind mine".. oh and who can forget. "Do I know you why are we speaking?" Obviously we were speaking because I was trying to give you a friendly pointer. I remember times back when my great-grandfather walked these shores that people would come to you, sit down with you and have a pleasant conversation with you too see if you were right for their family. Now they just send an invitation to their house without ever meeting the person."

"I'm just wondering does this type of behavior bug only me? Or are there other's out there who are just as mad about what is going on as I am?"

Titus steps off the milk box and places it where he got it from. He stands waiting for anyone else to speak up and express their own opinion about what he just discussed.

Report Post Tip
Vincenzo listens to what Titus has to say before adding his own words.

"It bothers me as well, and I also find it strange because, every crew ive been in doesn't allow it."
Report Post Tip

"Yes me as well, but it seems no matter how many time's someone is told this ins't how we do things her that continue to do it. And, it really bugs, everytime I see it I tell them about it but it never seems to matter.

Report Post Tip

Yes I have seen this a couple of times.. It shouldn't be allowed really..

I think the cause of the recruiting methods we see today are a result of "This Thing of Ours" breaking each other up in to district.. Now more people wear the bold suit and the competition for members is ever higher.

Report Post Tip
I have to agree with WTRFG. The large amount of bolds has caused the need for new recruits to become more severe. I too remember back when the sponsor used to actually take time to know the recruit before he invited them. Now a days it has all but died, or been reformed to where they send the invite first, then talk later.
Report Post Tip

If the person receiving said invitation has no "ancestry" to speak of, then yes, it is a questionable practice. However, most civilians are actually related to somebody that recently died and they are looking to follow the footsteps of their predecessor. There are many other ways to contact people other than mobmails, so those invitations are not necessarily unwanted.

Report Post Tip

What makes me curious is all I hear everyone talking about is how member whoring should not be allowed, which mind you I whole heartedly agree with, yet it still constantly happens. If such a majority is on the same page why is it still happening? Why are there no repercussions or consequences or anything done about it? All small talk no action. "Back in the day" CLs, Hands, Sponsors, none of them even contacted people. The only way into a family was by the newbie going and talking to them and telling them what they can bring to the crew, not the other way around.

As far as the 0 messages and an invite, I've seen it, its wrong, but not always. For example I had a buddy of mine in RL that I convinced to join MR, therefore he of course wanted to be under me, so when he joined I instantly sent him an invite as I was talking to him on the phone about it. But in some instances thats not the case. Is there any way to tell If someone is flat out sending invites to new players without any communication besides getting it out of the new player that was whored?

Just thinking out loud here and giving my opinion, does it matter? Probably not, I only have one question and that is what are "we the people" going to do about it? Or are we just going to keep brushing the subject under the rug and let it continue while complaining about it the whole time.

Report Post Tip

Is there any way to tell If someone is flat out sending invites to new players without any communication besides getting it out of the new player that was whored?

If I get an instant invite I send it to their leader followed by an :s  

It is generally newer people who do this and leaders do not always know. I am a fan of limiting sponsors to people who know how to send a proper one and removing it if they are caught member whoring.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Were you not taught?!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL