Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 13:56:44
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
What hurts the most Started by: Spanner on Feb 17, '14 22:18

Power plays like they have never been seen before.

The destruction of the bronx under BTSPs The destruction of The Loop under Penquin and Blackbottom i think it was, The useing of Cantona and Sol only to turn on them straight after Nah we havent seen power plays before If it was paranoia i could not blame those here in New York if i was in power i would surely be thinking i was next on the chopping block.

Report Post Tip
Just to clarify, we now want the Gods to interject when players do something in-game that players on the losing side of a war deem cruel? Hold them accountable how exactly?
Report Post Tip
When you say this is not a speech to bitch about an ancestor dying in a war more often than not it tends to be.

If the war happened in a month's time you would still lose those special gifts, everyone dies at some point just pick a better side next tine.
Report Post Tip

Stepping out of the crowd, Blu lifts his collar to warm himself from the cold.

Was this a war that was started simply because the Gods gave us the joy of justifiable shooting? Surely the crew leaders of New York had better reasons for fighting than trying to rob those in Detroit of some free cash. If the reasoning was that petty, than shame on them. By the same token, they have learned to work well together, much like the various crews in Chicago. Maybe if Detroit could learn the same level of loyalty to their city, they would not have been taken down as easily as they were. Even after the main targets of the war were laying bloody in the streets, the leaders in New York laid out a very strict protection order for ALL Detroit residents. The bloodshed, although tragic, was not genocide. Detroit will rebuild, much like Philadelphia did in past wars. If they can start with strong, yet fair, leaders then maybe they won't be the target of the other cities. I've seen Chicago take down Detroit, I've seen New York take down Detroit. Maybe there is a reason the motor city has been the target of others. May it be that they lack the diplomacy needed to keep the peace? May it be that their leaders become too power hungry and need to purged for the safety of the other families? These are the questions that need answers before simply blaming the leaders of New York for being vindictive. What did they have to gain by beginning this war?  It's not as if they received any sort of compensation for fighting. If anything, it cost them in terms of both money and men. The only reason New York is still standing, while Detroit is in ruins is because they have learned to work together as a city, and don't allow one district to suffer while another is being destroyed.

Let this be a lesson to all of us; diplomacy and loyalty will often lead to less bloodshed. Remember, the pen is mightier than the sword.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What hurts the most
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL