Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 10:31:52
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Daily News Started by: Daryl on Feb 27, '14 03:38

The press often leaves out parts of a statement that don't have any bearing on the subject of the statement to keep it concise and not bother the reader with unnecessary off topic information. In my honest assessment Daryl cut out the part of the statement that was aimed at him and had nothing to do with the subject he was seeking a quote on and presented the rest of the statement that was on topic in an honestly and in good faith, preserving the intended message of the statement. Any good reporter would do the same. I don't see the issue.

Report Post Tip

Get the scoops Daryl! Don't dig at the bottom of the barrel for them though, high profile!

Report Post Tip

Fair warning, if you guys are gonna fight, I'm gonna report on it in the Daily Roundup. Please include like some hair pulling and stomping though. Maybe a little flouncing?

Report Post Tip

Which is why I don't care for the press. You want to repeat what I have said, repeat it all. Simples.

the Daily Roundup. Is that a new venture? I surely hope so.

Report Post Tip

Thank you, Miss Mercury for pointing out the facts. While I read the Daily NEWS with the opinion that there will always be a bias of some kind, it's refreshing to be able to get the full scoop and not merely what's made the cut to the printing press.

Report Post Tip

You are welcome Sir. I am sure you expect nothing less from me. The only things I cut and paste are ransom notes ; )

Report Post Tip

Do i look like Yoshi to you???? The statement i left out was this:

You already screwed up when you said someone was killed by a CA in one of your earlier posts.

NOW that is me, and another person that died from a CA. Not no Yoshi. The article is about Yoshi. Get your facts straight.

Report Post Tip

I am not going to add something when for one it was mm when i was going to interview you and the main reason why we didnt is because of that post. If you work writing about DOGs would you talk about chickens in a dog story?? No you wouldnt so i would appreciate if you shut your loud mouth up.

Thank you

Report Post Tip
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Such rage may not be the best approach I'd take down that road.

Daryl, I think you may of misunderstood. You cut out her response to your question. Saying your reasoning for doing that was because it didn't correlate is silly. Her whole response was declining to be interviewed.

All they're really asking is for full scoops. If you can't accept constructive criticism face to face then I don't think, "Note: If you think this paper is needing improvement, please message Daryl", should be your note.
Report Post Tip

Yes i expect people to base there opinion but Mercury, she has always bitched at my family, and she was not really even interviewed. She was talking to me telling ME how i screw up, and it has nothing to do with the topic of Yoshi. If you interview someone that says no, and say you suck. Would you put that in a newspaper. It is just a waist of time to type up, and she apparently has no idea. And i am not treating her with anymore respect as she treats me which is very little.

Report Post Tip

"Some slanderous comments have been made my expense in this newspaper and after speaking with my lawyers and taking their advice on board I would just like to come out and read a statement we have made to clear up this unfortunate miscommunication."

Desmand pauses

"I am not in the closet. Thank you, no further questions."

Desmand is hurried away from the scene before the intrepid reporter Daryl probes him further for the full scoop

Report Post Tip

LOL love you man. Mercury, as i been recent promoted to mademan, now i have Responsibility for the family. So talking as a new man. I understand what your saying but please understand what im saying. And i will work harder in not offending anyone. But i ask something of you all. I need help running the newspaper business. Stories, daily events, etc.. 

Report Post Tip

In order to make an omelette you need to be willing to break a few eggs, Daryl. Now we all know this thing of ours makes the news business tough. You have to walk a fine line between representing the truth in your reporting, keeping the reporting interesting to the reader, and maintaining the level of respect demanded in a business such as ours. I'm not suggesting you throw respect out the window and start writing unwarranted attack pieces however you should be willing to stand up for your articles when they are in the right even if it risks offending someone.

This is a case where you are in the right. You in no way misrepresented the connotation of the words Mercury gave you. You also did not change the words at all. You simply edited out the parts of the statement that had nothing to do with the question that was posed. Not only did this make for more a more concise and topical article but it quite frankly put Mercury in a better light than if you used the entire quote which made her seem heavy handed and not very gracious. One might even go so far as to say she was bullying you. You tried to save her from herself and she, instead, decided to come out and make an issue of it. These things will happen. Don't let them influence you into a submissive reporting style. The most important thing for a news man is to maintain his integrity even if the face of overwhelming opposition.

Report Post Tip

laughs at the thought of anyone thinking she could bully anyone. Knows darn well anyone who would even think such a thing doesn't know her at all. Keeps enjoying the nonsense from the sidelines.

Report Post Tip

Totes, man you speak to me. WoW what a speach i think you are the only one that ever understand my point of view.

Report Post Tip

It seems she trys to bully, but i am sure she means well.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Daily News
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL