Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:28:39
Page:  1 
Ziva's Daily Roundup Started by: Ziva on Feb 27, '14 05:49

Huddled up against the harsh evening wind, almost like a ball of wool, what with a hat, scarf and pair of woolen mittens, Ziva has taken shelter under the canopy of a small sidewalk cafe, closed up and providing the perfect spot for her to distribute her carefully printed out 'Daily Roundup'. An enterprising young lady, looking to make both a name for herself in the public sphere of this world and to make a little cash on the side of her day to day criminal activities, she'd seen another young man introduce a similar concept; but why let him have an easy ride to a full share of the market? No, Ziva came from a long line of strong women, and she wasn't going to allow that without a fight.

As you walk past, Ziva offers a copy out to you. You're about to decline, not wanting to pause on a cold night to seek out change for an unknown letter - for all you know, it might not even be good enough to be tomorrow's fish and chip wrappings, when she looks you in the eye, and mutters, "Free of charge, sir", a small smile on her face, knowing that if the content is good enough, producing it will become worth her while soon enough. You take the paper and continue about your way, scanning through it as you go - not a terribly long affair, as papers go, but hopefully a useful round-up.

ZIVA'S DAILY ROUNDUP
Issue One

Bonanno's Bite Back

The newest member of the Bonanno bloodline reached our shores early this morning, making his way directly to the streets to defend the reputation of his late father, the slain Philadelphian Consigliere and leader of 'The Philly Mob', PeteBonanno. Bonanno was, according to a recent speech by BrandonHeat, of South Side, Chicago, removed due to a dispute involving Bonanno's wish to auth into his own district a member of Mr Heat's own crew - without the consent or even knowledge of Mr Heat himself. Chicago moved swiftly and authoritatively to remove PeterBonanno, sparing by way of protection order members of the Philly Mob under Made.

The young Bonanno, Tommasino, was quoted as stating that his families name had been "dragged threw the mudd". The young Mr Bonanno claimed that he himself had been approached by the member of BrandonHeat, and had assumed that Brandon was happy for his member to be authed in South Philly. By his sons own account, PeterBonanno was most certainly overly trusting of the member n question, however the validity of the account of Tommasino must be called into question, owing to the fact that the man in question, Pontifx_Caedis, is still alive. Surely Mr Heat wouldn't allow to live a man who had sought to leave to another city in chase of auth without a word?

Your Views

Got a comment on this story? Speak it out loud now, or if you'd prefer to speak anonymously, drop her a message with your comment and your wish to remain anonymous. Anonymous responses will be published in tomorrows issue. Should any of the involved parties wish to make a statement on this to be featured in tomorrow evenings issue, please leave Ziva a message.

Credit Collapse

In saddening news, tonight has seen the intention stated of perhaps one of the most generous to the community bloodlines to stop his famous coffee shop credit giveaways. The news, triggered by complaints (or, more colloquially, whingey little thundercunts) from some highly ungrateful individuals, was met with a wave of sorrow, shock and gratitude for the contributions made by the Technical bloodline to our community. So, Solid, and all of your ancestors: Here's to you, thank you for your generosity for so long. We here at Ziva's Daily Roundup would like to offer our services in helping to incite a pitchfork-and-torches mob to chase after the complaining shits and give them something to really cry about....

Dicey Dealings

In a somewhat unprecedented move, the God Squishy has today spoken out about one of the biggest crazes to sweep our world: Dice. Since it's inception, there has been rumblings from players of possible dis-satisfaction, and whispers - although whether or not they are to be taken seriously or as the mumblings of men and women frustrated at the levels of debt they are plunging into over the six sided demons, is another debate. Squishy provided a list, available for your viewing pleasure here, containing his records of games against a particular mafiosi, in an attempt to dis spell these rumors. Are you convinced? Do you believe it? Are you brave enough to debate it? If so, please contact Ziva, explaining your position, and attempts will be made to schedule a debate. In an attempt to keep this fair and open (I myself will make my position clear: I do not believe that the Gods have been screwing regular mafiosi over on the Dice game), anonymous comments will not be accepted on this issue.

Speech of the Day: Responsibility and Expectation - Numbers4Glory

Classifieds

Seeking to advertise your business? Contact Ziva to discuss rates for advertising on this publication.

Questions? Comments? Ideas? Feel free to air them either to Ziva on the streets, via mail, or find her in the coffee shops under the alias 'Anna'.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Dougal gladly took a copy of Ziva's Daily Roundup, having been starved of his fix of regular news for some time. He sat down at a table in the nearby café having ordered a large coffee to warm himself up against the harsh, chilly wind. When he had finished reading, he returned to Ziva and commented.

A very well-written and laid out source of news, and I would be glad to see more in the future.

Report Post Tip

Ziva smiles at Dougal.

Thank you sir! Hopefully another issue will be published this evening; I'll have a copy couriered directly to you, if you'd like

Report Post Tip

Prescott strode the cold windy streets after doing a business errand for his boss. As he made his way to the cab flooded area, he was countered by Ziva who had just offered him a copy of her Daily's Roundups. It never hurts to stay updated, thought Prescott.

"Don't mind if I do!" He says before taking a copy.

He then tilts his hat to escape a cold blow, unfolds the paper, and scans through it nodding his head. "Hmph.. Good read! I hope to see more." He says then quickly leaves a tip for her business before taking off to catch the cab up ahead.

Report Post Tip

Ziva winks at Prescott

I'll be back with issue two soon enough!

Report Post Tip

walking in the streets she reads the paper that was given to her by ziva

"this is better news than what's on the radio,cant wait to see the next paper"

Report Post Tip

I must have a copy of the second issue too....this paper is a very nice read...I hope the second issue comes out soon.

Report Post Tip

A twinkle in her eye and a smile on her face, Ziva replies

Thank you, thank you! Issue two is currently within the printers, I'll be passing it out shortly, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

Report Post Tip

This is by far one of the best papers I've read in a long time. Thanks for coming up with this idea, Ziva!

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the kind words, Jeddy, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying my work and I hope you continue to do so. Please let me know if you think I could better things at all!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ziva's Daily Roundup
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL