Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 10:31:52
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Black Bottom Presents an Opportunity for All Started by: Billy on Feb 28, '14 13:33

It did a bit more than just separate the two leaders. It gave Las Vegas it's sovereignty and allowed both leaders to forget the rules that were set by the terms of the competition at that time and allowed the leaders to do such things as close their city to new auths and buy bodyguards at any level. All things that the people currently entering Black Bottom will seek to do at some point. Having the Godfather council choose a winner will allow them to reach that point in a more timely manner than a race to the actual rank of Godfather. The Godfather council can be moved by a leader to the point that they can name that leader as an acting Godfather and they can get on with building the city rather than just trying to win a competition. It will greatly increase the chances that this whole thing will actually see a conclusion.

Report Post Tip

For that particular experiment it was only upon entry that they couldn't have above a certain amount, after that they were allowed bodyguards to any level they could purchase for themselves. Had they wanted to close the city to new auths, they could have just shot anyone that set up as soon as they put money into an HQ. Yes it closed the city, but like I said had there been no interference at all before that Animal possibly would have lived, seeing an end to the competition far before that time. Not to mention PoisonousJelly and DeadlySin had firmly cemented their places there, and had the competition been carried on it would have been a month at most until one of them ended it by winning anyway.

I do see your point that interference as it were at that point did help but that was mostly due to the landscape and the massive war that had just occurred leaving a big demand for crewleaders and not a huge amount of choice, which obviously meant it was a special circumstance. I would like to think that should a situation similar arise that the steps would be taken to hurry things along as it were - but it shouldn't be a rule from the get go, in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

Final Change and Update

The Godfather Council choosing the Godfather has now been removed. Every entrance will require a street thread in the first 24 hours after you are set up, or you can post it before if you like.

When you set up you will have 60 days from your set up date until you are eligible for the rank of Godfather. How this rank is obtained is fully up to the entrants in Black Bottom and will have no interference or say from anybody outside of Black Bottom.

This will be the final change as I mentioned before to this competition and this is now how things will roll until a Godfather is found. I thank you all for your feedback and helping me get this hammered out into the plan I originally had but bettering it.

I look forward to seeing how this ends up.

Report Post Tip

i had hoped to see the end of these experiments with the farce of staten island and brooklyn but thats the way this business goes i guess.

Report Post Tip

I'm glad there doing this.  I like watching what ends up happening, almost like entertainment.  I like the idea of giving new bloodlines a chance to make something out of themselves though.  Also like that this time there's a lot less restrictions on those who decide to enter.  Good luck to everyone who partakes.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Black Bottom Presents an Opportunity for All
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL