Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 07:06:41
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Solong prolong Started by: Hitta on Mar 03, '14 09:58
*Hitta takes the stage with a tiered look on his face and the smell of blood on his clothes*
I know everyone was wondering why this happened? And yes it was out of the blue. I know I told Detroit I did not want blood shed and I still do not. What happened earlier it had to happen it must of happened and may his soul rest in peace
*crowd looks in awe wondering what has happened*
It all started when I first got to black bottom. I started to settle in and get to know other crew leaders.
*Hitta then takes his gloves off noticing. Other crew leaders in the crowd*
I got close to a few guys and discussed My TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More) philosophy with them. Once I was informed of a rumor going around saying prolong was looking to kill another crew leader for being older than him it made me think. Think about what he would do to me when I go to sleep. So last night I didn't sleep. We came to a conclusion. As a group we can not have that kind of leadership in our city. So we stood together and made an example out of this man. There will be no sneaky mischief in our district.So we did what we had to do to save yourself, Our new crew members life's, and our district. Prolong I hope you learn that sometime you have to think as a TEAM rather than as one.
*Hitta then tips his hat to the crowd and runs off into the fine district of black bottom ,detroit.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Gimli steps forward after listening to Hitta. 

Well I wasn't expecting the first blood of Black Bottom being shed this soon but it is a competition and people have their different ways of winning it. Thank you for explaining your reason Hitta, you and the other Crew leaders have done what you think is in best interest for Black Bottom.

Report Post Tip

Mako stands on the corner, smoking his cigarette and slightly nodding his head at Hitta.

"Touche. Fair enough in my eyes, yo. You found out someone wanted to pew another and pewed him before he could. Whether or not that is true ain't really a concern. Group decision and a cya lataaa."

He realizes that he might be too high and drunk for this event, looking awkwardly around at everyone else.

"Is this T.E.A.M. you speak of kinda like that D.A.R.E. stuff? I ain't bout to put my drugs down."

Mako pulls up his sleeves and starts showing off his tats.

"Each piece of ink has a story. Maybe I'll tell them one time."

Noticing that he was blazed, and getting off track, he tries to snap himself back into reality. Mako looks over to Hitta and gives a faint smile.

"I don't think this will be all of the mischeivienesses tho. Black Bottom has kinda been built for that kinda thing. Use it to your advantage. But heh. Why am I tellin' you that? It makes for better excitement to watch it unfold as it goes along."

Report Post Tip

"A while back my ancestors learned the hard way the pitfalls of not trusting your gut instincts and vowed to never let that happen again. I applaud you on taking action now rather then experiencing sleepless nights down the line. You did what was best for yourself and your continued survival and no one can blame you for that."

Report Post Tip

JohnnyNoname notices a familiar face in the streets, the guy looked to be somewhat telling a story with his hands, but had blood all on his clothes.

"Hitta, I've known your ancestors for a while now, your whole family really. Its like you guys were my sons back in the day, I see you out here doing well for yourselves. Keep your mind open doing things in your own district now, and stay sharp. Also clean yourself up next time you come to the streets telling people of your decision you look like you just got out of a horror movie!"

Johnny throws his L's up to Hitta!

"Goodluck in the future bud, I'm looking forward to watching you do great things in Detroit!" 

Report Post Tip
Was there anything that actually brought merit to this rumor? Any "investigating" of any kind? Or did everyone pretty much do what they're trying to prevent? Itchy trigger fingers brought on by paranoia is not part of the tree hugging happiness you're speaking of.

I can't accept the high and mighty preaching from hypocrites...which is why I'm asking if there was "evidence".

If there was, good job on eliminating a possible "takeover".
Report Post Tip

To be honest, in a competition district, of which has only been open a couple/few days, I wouldn't have bothered with evidence either. As crewleaders, you'll have only really known each other for a short period of time, so any sort of rumour is bound to put you on edge.

You didn't leave anything to chance, Hitta. You protected yourself and those in your family and you limited casualties.

The fact you came out here to speak of it speaks volumes about yourself, too. Being a competition city there is less of an incline for a speech on a matter such as this, but you made the effort anyway.

Kudos.

Report Post Tip

Investigating? Evidence? This is not a court of law, It is the mafia. If you take the time to attempt to dispel rumors you often wind up with cement shoes.  The other guy would have just found out you were snooping around and you would have been dead sooner.

Hitta did what he had to do. End of

Report Post Tip

Phabulis is weaving between the gathered crowd, quietly minding his own business - before coming to a halt after overhearing another comment.

I've nothing to say regarding Hitta's explanation. It has nothing to do with me.

Yet, I think that it's a sign of the times that he has just received praise for simply visiting our streets.

Have our standards really lowered to such a degree?

Report Post Tip

Phabulis, it wasn't praise for merely visiting the streets. It was acknowledgement of the fact he's in a competition city, is under no obligation to explain why, in a competition, he has decided to eliminate one of the competitors, yet he still took the time to do it.

People may say that no crew leader has an obligation to declare their reasoning. Well, yes, they do. If they don't there is uproar for the lack of a speech. There wouldn't have been that uproar, in my opinion, if Hitta hadn't bothered.

The fact he did bother, is what I was commending him for.

Report Post Tip
I havnt taken time to read all comments but I'd like to touch on rw318's and mako. First mako we tell people to put their drugs down, only so we can pick them up and pocket them after. Rw318, my ancestor had met Fillmore and prolong's ancestors in the same family back in DT awhile ago. Both have been friends of mine, so for me to have to help remove one was a big descion that a group of us talked out. It wasn't like only one person heard a rumour and we all said shot, naw a couple of us had heard the same rumour. As we spoke to eachother we realized more and more how dangerous this could be, fillmore and prolong were the highest rank with the biggest guns. If prolong can wack out fillmore then he could very well kill the rest of us, we're our only strength and defense when unified. When we finally decided we'd back Fillmore instead of prolong on their attack it was to prevent any bloodshed on our side as I myself have been on the wrong side of patients, waiting to build an attack but ended up on the defense, wasn't about to make the same mistake so after a long night we striked as something like this boils down to family over friends. Rest In Peace prolong, and the filthy few. Hopefully one day we'll see the crew get a better run.
Report Post Tip

Investigating? Evidence? This is not a court of law, It is the mafia. If you take the time to attempt to dispel rumors you often wind up with cement shoes.  The other guy would have just found out you were snooping around and you would have been dead sooner.

Hitta did what he had to do. End of

It's what anyone who's worth a fuck would do. Jumping at rumors makes you look weak, this is the mafia remember? I think common sense would tell us that weakness isn't a strong point....especially in this line of business.

My problem isn't with the reasoning why he was killed, it's with what came with it (if there wasn't sufficient evidence). Preaching of unity and no mischief in the district. Also the little jab to Prolong at the end.

If you're gonna preach, you sure as fuck better practice what you're preaching about.

its not the end of anything..

Report Post Tip

I havnt taken time to read all comments but I'd like to touch on rw318's and mako. First mako we tell people to put their drugs down, only so we can pick them up and pocket them after. Rw318, my ancestor had met Fillmore and prolong's ancestors in the same family back in DT awhile ago. Both have been friends of mine, so for me to have to help remove one was a big descion that a group of us talked out. It wasn't like only one person heard a rumour and we all said shot, naw a couple of us had heard the same rumour. As we spoke to eachother we realized more and more how dangerous this could be, fillmore and prolong were the highest rank with the biggest guns. If prolong can wack out fillmore then he could very well kill the rest of us, we're our only strength and defense when unified. When we finally decided we'd back Fillmore instead of prolong on their attack it was to prevent any bloodshed on our side as I myself have been on the wrong side of patients, waiting to build an attack but ended up on the defense, wasn't about to make the same mistake so after a long night we striked as something like this boils down to family over friends. Rest In Peace prolong, and the filthy few. Hopefully one day we'll see the crew get a better run

I do accept this as the "End of." 

I respect the decision as it is every man, woman and child for themselves

There is no unity, one well placed bullshit line (this is a general statement, I don't know whether prolongs was BS or not) to a couple of people could very well lead to anyone's demise there. 

Report Post Tip

The thing about situations like this is they tend to work themselves out over time. If there was adequate evidence that Prolong was planning something then the move has been made and the remaining leaders have made their city safer for them and their crews and everything is good. However if this was a move made purely out of paranoia it won't be long until the paranoid people who pushed for this move start pushing to move on each other. In the end they will surely kill each other and justice will have been served. Either way the proper end tends to come about eventually.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

'It's what anyone who's worth a fuck would do. Jumping at rumors makes you look weak, this is the mafia remember? I think common sense
would tell us that weakness isn't a strong point....especially in this line of business.
'

Well first off your opening line is already invalid. Not to bring other names in here but several Godfathers were killed earlier this year over multiple wars started over rumors. Though most of us thought they were just lies, they still didn't do any investigations. So basically what you're saying is they weren't worth a fuck? We're all entitled to our opinions but still, that's kind of cold man. The evidence was more then sufficient. Just cause it wasn't posted here doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Second jumping at rumors doesn't make you look weak. Anyone who says otherwise is just butthurt cause it's happened to them before. Jumping at a rumor first shows you got people around the 4 cities keeping you informed on what others are planning against you,when you finally strike it doesn't make people laugh, it makes them wonder. If they caught him planning against them and killed him for it, then same will follow if I try to plan against them.

It's not the end of anything? Then come over and join the competition. We'd love to have you here with us so you can see first hand what's actually happening instead of just complaining on the sideline about what you think is/n't happening.

Report Post Tip
Well, my entire debate was invalid if the answers to my first two questions were "yes". I'll touch on the rest though.

Clarify. Jumping at rumors is a fairly "weak" thing to do. Jumping at a rumor with good supporting evidence to back it up is a completely different story. That's all I've been saying.

Nah, I'm not up for the whole competition auth bullshit or buying a crew. It's not my style....that and I honestly don't care enough too.
Report Post Tip

It's okay guys, you can be honest.

You killed him because he had the catchiest name for the title, didn't you?

Report Post Tip

Jumping at rumors also sets you up to be a tool to be manipulated by others. I assure you that any Godfather that acted on a rumor spent some amount of time investigating the rumor. No one will suffer a fool who will shoot anyone just because someone told him he was planning something.

Report Post Tip

First mako we tell people to put their drugs down, only so we can pick them up and pocket them after.

"Yuppppp. Damn good idea."

Report Post Tip

Think about what he would do to me when I go to sleep. So last night I didn't sleep.

See, I'm curious. Lack of sleep can cause paranoia. Did the lack of sleep cause the paranoia, or did the paranoia cause the lack of sleep?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Solong prolong
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL