Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 07:43:07
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
This place has become too much. Started by: BroccoliBananaShoes on Mar 06, '14 03:38
The question here is, how the fuck is anyone else supposed to gain this "knowledge"? The same bloodlines authed time and time again for "experience" (yet most die for being idiots, interesting), while the other bloodlines get passed up time and time again for lack of experience. There's no logic here, not even in our world. It's a sad excuse.

There's no way you can ever better yourself doing the same things and being with the same people. If you're fine with that, you're not a leader.
Report Post Tip

while the other bloodlines get passed up time and time again for lack of experience. There's no logic here, not even in our world. It's a sad excuse.

When you are in what I like to call a "battling" stage you need to auth the people you know will be of the highest value to the district for the purposes of the districts development and survivability. No point in authing 3 first time auths in your district if you aren't going to live long enough for them to actually learn anything.

I have a number of people in "learning" positions within the district at the moment and I'm currently running a district wide competition for the hardest working member who will be rewarded with a 1 month temp auth in SI. Their permanency will be based on the work they do.

This is a luxury I can afford now and i'm very happy about, we've reached a point where we are established enough to allow the younger people an opportunity to learn without risk of being wiped out moments later. 

Report Post Tip
I just don't agree with seeking out people's bloodlines for the sole purpose of authing them. There's no spin in the world that could make that alright with me.

Why should any associate put in work when they know it doesn't matter? All that matters is who you're friends with, literally, that's all that fucking matters. You could be the most active, highest earning and hardest working member in a family and wind up taking orders from a shit sucking thug. Why doesnt anything outside of coffee shop personas seem to matter here? Is this some sort of high school bullshit where the cool kids gotta stick together? Yes, yes it is.

Essentially, it's pointless to even try just in the world of MR. If you wanna amount to ANYTHING you better start kissing ass in the coffee shops, that's where putting in work matters.

These contests are designed for someone with "experience" to win them. Look at BB for example, do you really think a new bold is gonna win that? At least theses experienced bloodlines will actually have to work for it though, I suppose that's the shining light at the end of the sewage pipe.

Giving someone a time frame rather than going off what they've done isn't right. Someone could have been busting their ass their entire life and still not win. An "experienced" bloodline who's done fuck all their life could come in and edge them out. Months of hard work gets crushed for weeks of it, I see no point.

It's funny though, the SI contest is exactly how auths and positions of power should be decided (aside from being given a time frame). Hard fucking work and loyalty.
Report Post Tip

The way I see it here is your option.

1. Rank up and do something about it

2. Keep your mouth closed and quit whinning

The world is yours.

Scorpion light's a joint and kicks back

Report Post Tip
1. I think we've established rank means fuck all.
2. I'll refrain from telling you to get fucked

We've literally been running in circles here talking about it being who you know not what you do. People from both sides of the fence agreed that's how it is , whether they know it or not.

You bring up "rank up and do something about it", are you suggesting I build my gun and kill everyone who's opinion is different? That's the only thing I could "do about it" since apparently debating the topic is "whinning"...

The world is yours? You're a comedian? Ha..... ......
Report Post Tip

Rank to me is experience, train. I'm still an old school mafioso. A logical debate has came up and it has been discussed to the point of running in circles. You can try to change the whole dynamic of this thing of ours just by talking on the streets, or you can make your moves in this world and see the changes you want to see. 

Yes the world is yours I believe everyone is in control of their own world. Put effort into it, have fun and do your best that's all I can say.

Report Post Tip
In reality though, rank is nothing but a way to earn more money in OCs.

Buddy, this is not something a person could change, they'd be killed before they could make a scratch.

There's a few bloodlines that'll just keep rotating power to assure we stay stale and stagnant, the life isn't even worth putting effort into. That is unless you want to jump into a competition auth and witness the same shit on a smaller scale.

The world is fucked, I stake no claim in it.
Report Post Tip

"There's a few bloodlines that'll just keep rotating power to assure we stay stale and stagnant, the life isn't even worth putting effort into. That is unless you want to jump into a competition auth and witness the same shit on a smaller scale.

The world is fucked, I stake no claim in it."

Sir it seems like you have all but given up. Why are you still here?

Is the only joy you experience in this life bitching about it? I am all for freedom of speech but it seems your only joy is in bringing everyone else down. I take extreme exception to your accusation of power rotation. I work very hard to encourage new members of our society to partake and experience our world. 

Perhaps if you had better relationship skills and associated yourself with more reputable mafioso you would find more joy in the relationships in this world and actually enjoy your time here.  

Report Post Tip
I enjoy doing the bare minimum and shooting shit on occasion?

Then explain to me what the fuck is going on around here N4G. If I'm so far off base, why am I describing what's actually happening?

I have relationship skills and can use them to the fullest if I so choose. I'm not debating this to make friends here or in the coffee shops, I'm debating it because I feel as if it's a problem.

I'm getting the same answers too, friends and coffee shop relationships are what matters. Fine, whatever. I don't agree and if there's a place for me to voice my opinion it will be voiced regardless of who wants to hear it. My bloodline has been sitting for years not saying a fucking thing, I'm done with that.
Report Post Tip

I think you are seeing what you want to see.

I authed Wargasm without ever having chatted to him in a coffee shop. Whilst I had a long standing association with Defy it was the first time working together; look at him now...

I don't seek out bloodlines for auth, you identify potential as people progress. Some bloodlines have displayed a pattern of success and you would be foolish to ignore that, however; if you prove yourself to be hard working and above loyal... You will achieve a lot.

I suspect though, you would rather see problems with everything rather than offer solutions. There are certain ways that our world works, common sense would dictate you fall in line with those. Yes they defy logic in some respects but as I mentioned previously there are far greater offences to logic than that one.

Stop whining; knuckle down and get noticed. All those bloodlines started somewhere and put in the fucking work, earnt the trust and respect of their peers. You might issue with it being repeated each birth but when you actually consider the amount of time invested in gaining these peoples trust you would have a greater appreciation.

In my family alone I have relationships with bloodlines spanning, 10 Years, 9 years, 7 Years, 3 years, 3 years, 3 years as well as a number of others. So please actually investigate before you make sweeping generalist statements, and actually think about why this makes sense.

Report Post Tip
Maybe, maybe not, I can only voice my opinions on what I see.

My problem lies majorly with this "experience" factor. It makes it extremely hard for someone who has a minimal amount to gain any. You combine friendships and coffee shops and it becomes virtually impossible.

We put more worth into bloodlines than the currents work. That's where the problem lies.

Let's throw out an example:
You don't know me here or there. I work for you and bust my fucking ass, doing anything and everything..and then I die. Was all the work for nothing?
To be perfectly honest with you, I'd be happy as hell if you said yes. My next of kin would be their own man paving their own way. You don't know them and don't owe them shit. They have to prove their worth to you, I didn't prove a fucking thing for them.

In all honesty, I wouldn't appreciate it anymore or any less. There's people who trust my bloodline from back when I gave a shit and people who wouldn't trust me just for this. It's all irrelevant because I'm not seeking out the acceptance of either.

Again, I'm my own man paving my own way. I just think this is the best way to do it.
Report Post Tip

Let's throw out an example:
You don't know me here or there. I work for you and bust my fucking ass, doing anything and everything..and then I die. Was all the work for nothing?
To be perfectly honest with you, I'd be happy as hell if you said yes. My next of kin would be their own man paving their own way. You don't know them and don't owe them shit. They have to prove their worth to you, I didn't prove a fucking thing for them.

In all honesty, I wouldn't appreciate it anymore or any less. There's people who trust my bloodline from back when I gave a shit and people who wouldn't trust me just for this. It's all irrelevant because I'm not seeking out the acceptance of either.

Again, I'm my own man paving my own way. I just think this is the best way to do it.

Let's go through this from my side first.

Your work would carry a lot of weight, you died for the city and that won't be forgotten. It is in keeping with the bloodline favouritism that you detest but in terms of common sense and fairness it needs to hold true.

If someone joined a city, donated 100million and died for the city in a war 3 accounts in a row. Do you not think they would be worth protecting going forward for their hard work? Is it fair they are punished for their dedication?

Moreover. In your example, why would I even know your son? If you didn't want to be remembered for your work don't tell me who you are upon your return, and furthermore; it seems fantastically unlikely you would rejoin the same family, you are a new man with your own ideas and goals wanting to pave your own way remember?

I like you because you are clearly capable of intelligently arguing your point of view. Whilst I don't agree with your point of view I have enough insight to see you are probably just frustrated that you've made no progress. It takes time to make something of yourself on here. You either are, or aren't willing to do the work needed to achieve.

Decide for yourself which route you want to take.

Report Post Tip

Buddy, this is not something a person could change, they'd be killed before they could make a scratch.

Scorpion grins

You want to be Don of Don's, Godfather? What is your goal in this as a mafioso, that is the whole meaning of rank is it not. The world is yours, it is the truth. You want it you got to go in and fucking take it!! Make the God's hear your demands! 

You can be the strongest and most powerful mafioso that has ever lived if you try hard enough and I have no doubt you can make it. 

The only thing is do you want to put in all that effort to get it, it is time consuming I can tell you that.

Report Post Tip
It shouldn't be forgotten, it should be remembered. It should also be remembered that my kin didn't die for shit, all he did was have parents.

No, I do not think they should be protected for their parents hard work. I think once they've done enough work themselves then they should be protected. The hard work of their parents wasn't for nothing, they died for the family they swore loyalty too. Their life is over along with the work they put in, nothing but memories.

There's ways to find out, like shot reports. I'm not gonna go out of my way to hide anything. You're correct, tis why it was a fictional example.

I'm not willing, I've put in when I was but that ship has sailed. I just don't have it in me to follow people around for a shot at anything. I'm content on being a decent/good member in spurts even great (if I could say so myself).
Report Post Tip

I for one have no issue with members of a bloodline being authed more than once.. I do have an issue when a member of a bloodline that knows me and is fresh off the boat comes to me and  says. "My CL said they are going to auth me when they can." Now, if I were in that family as say a Boss or even a Capo or whatever rank above Made really, and this guy/girl receives a bold suit less than a day after getting their button. I would feel quite insulted.

To me that says "You've earned your rank, you're loyal, dedicated, you'll die for me.... But this guy/girl was bound to be better the minute he joined my crew and I was going to promote him based on his family's past and auth him for the same reason...

And the cycle will just repeat with no or very little new blood in the upper structures..

It's sad that this happens so often, that peoples fates are being determined before they have even started working. While jumping over others who have been working so long is just pathetic and sad...

Report Post Tip

JakeLuciano retired.. big deal.. guy has done nothing in a year

Report Post Tip

This rings quite true

Report Post Tip

You're right.

Simplicity is still here. I dunno what these people were on about.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: This place has become too much.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL