Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 21:27:07
Page:  1 
Kuku's Competition: $5M Writing Contest Started by: Coolklinski on Mar 06, '14 23:55

Hello my friends,

I have, it is known, written many legacies about those that have graced this thing.  I have not known any others to have done something similar.

So it is that I come to the Streets today.

I am offering you the chance to win a prize: $5,000,000 to the winner.

The piece needs to be at least 400 words long and to be on someone most of us will have heard of.

That's the only rules.  Post it here.

Good luck!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Excellent competition idea here Coolklinski. I'm very interested to hear some of the other legacies people have to offer and will throw in 5 credits myself to the prize pot for the winner you choose. 

Report Post Tip

Could you elaborate how we would know if most people have heard of this person? Does it have to have been someone who has graced this thing of ours in the last couple of years?

I know a lot of people I just don't know if people know the people I know if you know what I know.

Report Post Tip

Also would it be possible to have a deadline?

Report Post Tip

Winner will be announced on Thursday.

Regarding well known, use your judgement.

Report Post Tip

Visi walks the streets and stops to hear and see this interesting discussion of mighty pens.

Love this Idea Kuku. I am really looking forward to some reads here, and also to see the winner. I will keeping a good eya on this discussion for sure.

As Visi smiles and takes out a cigarette and lights it.

Report Post Tip

OK, not many takers!

Top prize now $8,000,000 and five credits...

Deadline is Monday 17th.

Submit entries to me...

Report Post Tip

Is there any limit on how many entries we may submit?

Report Post Tip

No limit.  Feel free to enter as many times as you like.  Keeping in mind the word minimum.

Report Post Tip

Roberto_Carlos - Instant Moist (A Tribute)

*Numbers4Glory pulls up a seat and takes a seat around the fire that was inexplicably burning in the middle of the busy New York streets*

Ladies; Gentleman. I come to you today with a tale of more than a man, he is considered by many to be a living legend. This man came from humble beginnings he discovered he was quite adept at a life of crime, swapping out his delightful tennis attire for a suit and swapping his wooden racket for a pistol.

His line started like many, not really understand the way of the world and found a great number of his descendants wearing concrete slippers well before their true time was due. It wasn't until there was a great meeting of minds when Robert_Carlos (Consigliere) met up with cunning FakeManCP (Grin), the debauched gregz0r and the gargantuan CamazotzCP that his story and line really started to develop any sort of shape. His exploits were largely unknown in the beginning minding his own business climbing his way up the ranks like any other low level mafioso. He tasted some success wearing a slangy suit on a number of occasion, a bold one a few times more. Our bloodlines had he pleasure of working for each other a number of times, and even had the pleasure of being hands for one another.

Enter Vaticus.

After a long hiatus, Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) returned to the fold with a few other long time friends. We worked together under the guidance of Vaticus (Vazzi). It was then his bloodline ignited a spark and passion that will forever live in the history of our 4 cities. JamesKnowles first disciple of Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) formed (with Syn's hasty permission) the Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) appreciation society. An institution that looked to revere and exalt the life and work of the great man. Unfortunately the building fell into ruin with JamesKnowles untimely death, and it was forgotten until the devout Stelengum humbly returned to do this honest work.

After Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) perished tragically due to Phil_Steak and DeadlySin, his bloodline returned with even more passion and zest. Jack_Carter was the first Godfather in his line and even though his son didn't proudly bear the title of Roberto_Carlos, he pushed hard ruling his own district in Philadelphia. The crowning name in his great lineage.

Today Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere)(JNR) has returned to us, with even more drive than before. The Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) appreciation society is receiving regular visitors once again, and even though the peaceful and wise Stelengum is no longer with us, Roberto_Carlos exaltation is at an all time high. Parties have returned to the streets once more. Women, money and power is his.

The world is his oyster and ol "blowie" is here to stay.

A tribute to the eternally great Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere). All hail.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

perhaps.

Report Post Tip
Thanks numbers4glory - could all future entries be sent to me please and not posted here
Report Post Tip

Certainly.

I was however following your instructions.

The piece needs to be at least 400 words long and to be on someone most of us will have heard of.

That's the only rules.  Post it here.

Report Post Tip

One night in Antwerp with Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) by Sonrisa.

Antwerp,  the largest city in Flanders (Belgium). A city known for it’s diamonds and fashion…. But more importantly tasteful beers and strip clubs!

It was the end of September, still fairly summery… After a 4 hour drive I had arrived in the beautiful city of Antwerp. Oh yeah!  Tonight was the night I would meet the legendary Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere). Sometimes when you do business in this thing of our it can actually happen you never get to meet a person for years. Though the dealings with Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) had been very pleasant it was a meeting long overdue. Tonight was the night!

After checking in the hotel I realised I had packed all kinds of different clothes and none of them matched…. Sooooo of I went to get me some proper night out gear. At first I failed but I finally succeeded.  Whilst taking a “futuristic selfie”  the unthinkable happened…. My contact Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) device crashed!

ALARM. How was I going to get in touch with Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere)?!  I quickly went back to the hotel to use their “telegram device” to get in touch with Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere). It worked!

Sonrisa 19:09

My contact device is fucked
I'm at my hotel
Room 410
Trying to fix device
Koning astridplein 40 billiard hotel

Sonrisa 19:34
Rcrcrc

Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) 19:39
Lol hello
I got it

Sonrisa 19:40
Pwfew
8 pm.?
Lollol

Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) 19:40
Aye
We done so will take a walk up

Sonrisa 19:41
OK see you soon

Crisis averted, Roberto_Carlos(Consigliere) was going to pick me up! WIN.

First thing on the agenda, BEER. We went to some fancy hotel lobby where beer was served in really weird and big glasses. The ambiance was atmospheric. Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere) was not alone, he had brought along 2 associates that all shared the same passion for beer. They were friendly, though Sonrisa was unsure if they really belonged in this thing of ours. She decided it was best to not get into any business details for the time being.

Given I was considered a “local” I was asked for my input for a venue later on in the evening…. The only place I could remember was a place called Anvers D…. I told the guys I had only been there once and I vaguely remembered it being next to a brothel… some sort of a bit industrial hangout with good music… they were sold quickly and off we went on a rough 20 minute stroll towards the place… midway through we had stopped again for beer fuel.

According to our “maps” we were now really closing into the Anvers D…. just a few more blocks… Whilst turning around the last corner, the entire area was lit… there were red lights everywhere with some sexy bitches behind the glass. A bit shocked and yet very amused I realised the nightclub I had once visited was exactly in the middle of Antwerp’s red light district… OOPS. Awkward… no really WIN and LOL.  Roberto_Carlos(Consigliere) and his associates didn’t seem to mind all too much either.

We did a bit of sightseeing and then entered Anvers D. At first it was a bit quiet but things quickly picked up and we had a good time…. Unfortunately one of Roberto_Carlos(Consigliere)’s associates couldn’t handle an all-night anymore and was considered game over around 3 AM. But Roberto_Carlos( Consigliere) was still going like pro.

All this sightseeing, dancing and drinking had gotten us hungry… and I was promised a visit to a stripclub so off we went for a proper kebab with the stripclub as final destination….

The end. What happens in Antwerp after 4 AM stays in Antwerp.  Right Roberto_Carlos (Consigliere)? ;)

Report Post Tip

Hey folks, a few entries are being finessed - (OOC stuff made me extend deadline), so 24th March is the deadline.

Keep em coming!

Report Post Tip
Who won then champ?
Report Post Tip

I am afraid that the field was of insufficient quality to administer the full prize pot.

A reduced prize has been issued to what was deemed the most credible entry.

This matter is now closed.

Report Post Tip

lol this seems like a really awsome competition. i wish i saw it earlier i would have entered it and gave the prize money to my boss.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Kuku's Competition: $5M Writing Contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL