Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:42:09
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Who are your ancestors? Started by: Spunky on Mar 07, '14 09:58
I gotta touch on one of your points.

By saying your fathers friends, do you mean members of his family? I find it hard to believe a made guy wouldn't know the other mades in the family better than someones child. Their life and business often depends on the other ranking members. They'd have limited workings with the child and essentially the child is an associate, nothing more and nothing less.

It's a family, you should know your family members better than outsiders.
Report Post Tip

Yes, I truly believe leaders should try to promote street activity as well. But, here's the thing. I believe that leaders have to practice what they preach, particularly on street activity. Again, this leads into another debate, but how many leaders do we have who you could trip over on the streets and not be aware of what you'd done, for all the time they spend out here speaking? Until leaders themselves are willing to set the example, we won't see an increase in streets activity. Until our current crop are willing to set the example and enforce it as a requirement, it doesn't seem to be the kind of thing to just "happen".

I agree 100%, I am a firm believer of lead by example.

My bloodline wasn't in Chicago at the time, wasn't even close to Chicago nor the decisions made here, so I can't really answer this. It's a question better left to NealCaffrey himself, or to Maple, or somebody else involved in that decision.

What I CAN say though, is that NealCaffrey has shown faith in me that he didn't have to show, and has in my experience so far, been a fantastic leader. I don't think that authing him can be considered a mistake.

Like you I wasn't around when this happened but can only go by journals. As I said there may have been a perfectly good reason to auth him so quickly but seeing as he was only just a Made Man I just don't see it. I don't doubt for a second that he is a good leader and you aren't the first person to commend him on his leadership skills to me but my argument wasn't how good a leader he is but that fact that he was still so young when he was authed.

That's fair, I don't expect you to change your mind based only from my words. I have my opinion and you have yours. I've been on both sides of this argument and I won't tell you that shit doesn't stink when you see someone come in above you on a fresh account, or right off the back of a fuckup. But, I also won't tell you that as a leader, you don't want people around you that you can trust and rely on, that are easily contactable, that you know have your back, and many other reasons.  The amount of drugs you can carry and the number of days old you are seem more mechanical than anything else.

Yes by my argument is how can you trust someone that has just found their way to a family? Just because they are a relative of that Godfather X doesn't mean that they are going to work in the same way or even have the same beliefs.

He turns to Kitty

Of course they do. The point I am trying to make is simple. If the promotion depended solely on whether or not a CL thinks a certain member is worthy of the button, then I'd agree with rw318 and you. Otherwise....I don't see any correlation between the number of drug units and the capacity of a member.

I understand your point but who has heard of anyone joining a mafia family in any part of the world and being made a Don straight away? The idea of a thug being a hand is the same concept, they are leap frogging to the top.

Well, let's take an example shall we?.. let's say my father was a Don who ran a district. I hung around the house...a lot. I listened, I picked up little things...did little jobs and my father showed me the ropes on how to do things. I met my father's friends and quite a few of them knew me better than they did most of my dad's Made guys. That is how.

Just no, this should never be the case, even if you have been hanging around with Don be at no point would you be given any information about the workings of the family because you have no knowledge of how the mafia works. If they knew you better than some of the Made guys then your father would of been going about business all wrong as those Made guys he should know better than he knows his blood family.

You're right I cannot name a person that fills all those requirements and been looked over constantly but as mentioned before certain bloodlines leapfrog to the top without putting in any effort, so those that have done their bit will get looked over.

Turns back to Maria

Sorry to your last point if then the CL was right for not promoting them if that is how they react when they didn't get promotion. Just because you have the required experience doesn't mean you have the required mindset to be a a button man as that person proved.

Report Post Tip
It's an age old argument. My quick opinion: If you appoint a thug to position of a hand whats that say about the made members of your family. Not alot. If you have no made members then whatever.
To answer your original question. Who are your ancestors? My ancestors are: All Dead.
Report Post Tip
I find it hard to believe someone would get upset about a thug bein set as top3.. Especially If the guy was a trusted hand when he died. If its an issue with the thug not earning his button, then they shouldnt allow the CL's to put someone under MM as the top3 until they earn there spot in fam 1st.. But they are allowed so i dont blame them for puttin a trusted thug bak in his role lol
Report Post Tip

You find it hard to believe that someone who's put in their fair share of work would be upset about someone who hasn't done a fucking thing for the family ordering them around? Well then.

Report Post Tip
Well no, what i said was if someone in a position of power dies, but the family didnt i have no issues with him bein put back in his position even as thug. That would mean he has helpd and been helping the family on his past acct.... Now if you meant a guy died, then joined a differnt crew, and got put as a hand rite away then sure maybe i can see some people bein upset they were overlooked etc Now I wouldnt mind it because i enjoy my crew. I may have done more work to that point but it doesnt mean the new thug hand wont make up for it. I also trust my CL and that if he would make that choice it would be because he feels its best for whatever reason. You can always have the same role as a top even if ur not listed as one ingame lol
Report Post Tip
RandPaul have you paid attention to any of this conversation so far?

If you're are happy that is fine but in the grand scheme of things the mafia does not and should not ever work like that.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Who are your ancestors?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL