Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 07:37:40
Page:  1 
Happiness is a Bullet in your own Head Started by: LaughterInTheDark on Mar 11, '14 00:12

"Happiness is a Bullet in your own Head." A nice way to start a speech, I think. 

It seems like the happiest people are the dead ones. That's what I've abstracted from corpses directly. Before dying, they just find themselves thinking one day, “I’m done,” and pop off a nice skull penetrating brain splattering bullet. At least, it gives the rug cleaners some work I guess. It seems we’d all be a lot happier if we were dead, eh? Not that we really know what the dead feel like, you know?

But really it’s a fun concept. Happiness that is. Suicide isn’t like fun or anything but the fact that something so gruesome could bring happiness is interesting. I’d like to think all the dead are happy in some way, but I think I can settle with the idea that they are just at peace. The concept of suicide is really complicated. It’s hard to say when it’s right and when it’s wrong. A lot of people would argue that you should never commit suicide, but I think there are certain situations which might warrant it.

So, would you ever consider suicide on this life? Have you already considered it? I guess some might not be so quick to answer that second question because suicidal ideation tends to be frowned on. I suppose I can’t hand out sock puppets and ask you all to “let Paco speak.” However, perhaps some of you have some input on the concept of suicide, limited to let’s say “happiness” or “peace” in the aftermath. 

Report Post Tip

I feel no pity on those who take their own life. But, I give them one thing that it takes a lot of courage to bring the gun to their head and pull the trigger.  People that take their own life have two characteristics that I already know of without knowing the person: Courage and selfishness. Leaving this life is not just leaving your life behind, but the people and things as well are left behind. 

You'll never know what goes into the sick, twisted mind of other individuals. 

Report Post Tip

Angelina lurked in a dark corner listening to the speaker. She hears the questions of suicide and when and if its ever alright. She found some of what the speaker was saying to be rather odd and perplexing. After giving it some thought and finishing her cigarette she steps out of the shadows to give her opinion on the subject.

Truth be told, i have suicided a time or two in my bloodlines history. One of those suicides (or i should say retirements as i was well up the ranks at that time with a decent gun) i did regret after talking to the CL in a coffee shop after the fact. There is always an alternative to suicide. Some people just don't have the nerve to express their malcontent to the CL, whether or not its because they are afraid of being shot for it or its because that CL did genuinely piss that person off. Honestly though, I would never condone the act of suicide and will always try to hash out the issue before deciding to just leave.

ANgelina lights herself another smoke and continues about her business as usual.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Happiness is a Bullet in your own Head
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL