Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 07:31:51
Page:  1 
Deliberations with Desmand Issue 2 Started by: Desmand on Mar 24, '14 01:30

Desmand had spent the last few hours basking in the glory of the eternal praise he had received for his first publication. One Don remarked that "the world needed more of his work," whilst another had mentioned to him that it was the "greatest newspaper of all time"- sorry WiggleBottom and he's gonna let you finish. Anyway, not one to rest on his laurels and after a day spent chirpsing with Taegan over skinny lattes with it was time to get back to the printing press. 

Witness Statement Requests

Today brought about yet more senseless acts of terrorism in the Mafia World. Within the space of 35 minutes, two of my friends and colleagues based in Detroit were shot at (and fortunately missed) by unidentified assailants. The similarities between this attack and the death of Supreme were striking. Still no witness statements had surfaced with Snowy being shot at in the same city Supreme died, coincidence? I think not. Naturally fingers were starting to point to DanTheMan, renowned for his prowacking prowess and inability to hit the back door of a barn. The net was quickly closing as New York felt they had their man and the Truck Penalty imminent. But suddenly, another twist in this seemingly tangled web of branches, mobsters and Supremes death. DanTheMan had also been shot at. This surely ruled him out the of the equation? Even he was capable of hitting himself at such a close range..wasn't he? I believe there are still several twists to this tale and will bring them to you, the public, as I hear them.

As ever I implore that everyone keep their ears to the ground and if they hear or see anything relating to the three missed shots fired at DanTheMan, Yobbsarg and Snowy_White that they send them up to a Godfather of those affected. I hear Godfather Cantillon is offering a substantial reward (he doesn't know this yet - surprise!) leading to the successful punishment of the attackers. Likewise we are still looking for any information on Supremes killer. Please, please, please remain vigilant whilst travelling the streets.

Butt Over

Off the back of the fame and attention garnered by the first issue of Deliberations with Desmand it would seem that another entrepreneur would like a slice of the newspaper public pie. Earlier today, a mail was sent out by WiggleBottom announcing his intention to run another newspaper along side my own indie Desmand certified press. I would like to wish him all the best in his venture and if there are any budding journalists who have been inspired by me to write a little something of their own, I strongly recommend that you get in touch with WiggleBottom. I must however warn you that I do not offer interviews to rival newspapers. At last calculation I owned approximately 93.03% of the market share and would very much like to keep it this way. I mean, this hair doesn't pay for itself does it? It was also his release which prompted me to get out my second issue somewhat ahead of schedule, but hey what is competition if not for it's ability to improve factors of production and become more efficient?

Left in the Lurch?

A topic that I admittedly forgot about in the excitement of hearing my own voice was the death of the "reformed ThirdSun bloodline." The latest in this long family line littered with early deaths and ridiculous claims to power was Lurch. Felled in a duel with Defy despite having outstanding payments owed to those who invested in Lurch Laundering business has these mobsters scratching their head and empty wallets. Has the money been paid back? Doubtful. Will the money be paid back? Doubtful. Where does the accountability lie for this con mans theft. As an astute businessman I know that when a deal is too good to be true, it's because it is. But what about those not blessed with my intellect. Has your money been returned through the sources as Lurch wrote in his last will? Have you spoke with his crew leader to see if he is a guarantor for his members actions? Will this public roll call of Lurchs son result in my untimely death at the hands of power he wields?

These are all questions I can't answer, despite my extensive connections I personally don't know anyone stupid enough to invest with this man. I did however purchase some other goods off him for a fair and reasonable price, all above board. I wish those good luck on the quest to recover the lost money, I feel that the son of Lurch is probably sunning himself as we speak on a beach in the Costa Del Sol. 

Desmand skims over the words quickly his assistant has typed. Any more errors like the first issue and she'll struggle to find another typing job with no fingers. He combs back his hair before handing it back to her to get it published once again.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Good perfect read indeed. I just wanted to comment a certain segment from the issue.

Have you spoke with his crew leader to see if he is a guarantor for his members actions? Will this public roll call of Lurchs son result in my untimely death at the hands of power he wields?

Well good question and the answer is yes. I have returned out of my own pocket to his customers already. I just wanted to let you all knows this. Even tho I personally never benefited from this business nor was an owner nor funder. I did house this member and I feel this is the right thing to do. 

Mar 25, 12:24:46 Your accountant has made payment of $1,750,000 to George_Knottle.
Mar 24, 23:31:22 Your accountant has made payment of $2,000,000 to DecesVengeance.

Besides this topic. I found this paper to be a good solid read.  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Deliberations with Desmand Issue 2
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL