Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 03:42:46
Page:  1 
The Salty Bastards are in The Loop Started by: HandsomeRob on Mar 27, '14 22:32

HandsomeRob walks into the streets with his closest of friends. The likes of Numbers4Glory, Cantillon, Amethyst, DanTheMan, and JohnnyNoname were walking behind him. They were the five district heads of the greatest city every to grace this "thing of ours", New York. Rob was wearing a pinstriped suit for such an occasion. He had a bow tie even. His brotherly companion Roberto_Carlos, Consigliere, taught him how to wear the tie. Chicks digged it too even. 

There was a stage raised for the occasion. The group stepped up and DanTheMan even helped Madam Amethyst onto the stage. Her dress was too short and didn't want to share anything. A podium was set on the stage with a microphone. As the others walked over to the chairs set on the stage, Rob went to the podium to deliver a few words.

Excuse me ladies and gents. I'd like to take this time to announce a few things going on in the infamous windy city. First, I'd like to pay my respect to the fallen. Godmother Maple, her captains and the rest of Chicago. You guys have set the bar for myself when it comes to business. You guys were amongst some of the greatest that has ever graced the city. The history of the city is legendary. Actually legendary isn't even enough to cover its history. The very likes of Roman, SammyGarcini, and Cpt-Harris were as fabled as they come. 

HandsomeRob takes a brief moment to collect himself.

It's going to be hard leaving a well groomed city, built on a reputation of respect, honor and pride. The original New York started by Lord Toaly aka ToyArmadillo, has been nothing but the best group of individuals ever to work together in a city. One can only hope to be as successful as they have been.

I am originally from Chicago under the late Godfather ToyArmadillo. Michigan Ave and Oak street to be exact. With a lot of money to be made, with all the history to remember, I will be setting up in The Loop. My organization is going to be called The Salty Bastards. The Salty Bastards is the old nickname of my platoon when I served in the Army. We were the meanest, most organized, most feared individuals on this God's earth. As I try to honor my brothers, I welcome the challenge to try to be like them. And live by the motto "Sua Sponte". And help bring Chicago to it's old glory.

HandsomeRob reached into the podium and grabbed out a bottle of champagne and an old knife. 

Here is to the next beginning!

He holds the bottle of champagne out to his right and slides the knife against it popping the cork off. As champagne flows, he thinks of the way Chicago can flow. Flow and become her old glory self. He signals for Natalya to come onto the stage to share his moment.

Thank you ladies and gets for your time. Natalya and I both hope to turn the tide in this city. 

Long live Chicago!

Rob takes a swig of the champagne and passes the bottle off to Natalya. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

Robby my friend this is a great day for you , we finally got a chance to work together and I am so impressed you put the district as a whole you constantly want to better everyone around you always have time for everyone and are a helpful friendly person the qualities you have make you the right gun to run a district I know you will do well my friend I am so happy to see you fly out on your own and have a chance at godfather.

If you need anything my friend I am only a call away

Report Post Tip

Very deserved! A huge congratulations from all of NY!

Report Post Tip

A smile on her face and the bottle of champagne in her hand, Natalya raises it in a toast to HandsomeRob.

Here's to you, Rob, and here is to the crew. I think you for the faith that you have shown in my bloodline, and I hope that I can prove you right in showing that faith over the coming weeks and months. I'm confident that we will work well here together and I know that you will be a fantastic leader and one amongst several of the right people to restore this city to the glories it has known so well.

Taking a swig from the bottle, she passes it back to Rob - she had a thing for HQ decor and she had a feeling that she was much, much more likely to get her own way on some of the nicer features if Rob was a little buzzed first.

It's special in itself for my bloodline to be back here in the Loop, and special for my bloodline to be working alongside yours once more. The Loop is the place where we first made a name for ourselves in a leadership position, under the great Cpt-Harris, and working alongside you is a throwback to the earliest days of my line back in New York under the stewardship of Phil_Steak. I know we both have it in us to create something great here - I think that all there is left to do, is to get to work.

Report Post Tip

Listening intently to the speech, Rookie finds herself overcome with emotion. When the speech was finished, she clapped wildly along with the rest of the crowd.

Rob, this is definitely a wonderful day for not only Chicago, but New York as well. You have served this city, going above and beyond your duties. And that's how I know that the Salty Bastards and Chicago will only flourish under your guidance. I am so very proud of you. More than I could ever put into words. Congratulations you Handsome Salty Bastard! You are going to do amazing things and I can't wait to see it.

Stepping up onto the podium, Rookie kissed HandsomeRob on his cheek softly, whilst slipping an envelope into his suit pocket.

Report Post Tip

HandsomeRob takes another swig of the champagne.

Defy!

Thank you sir for the nice words. I still remember our first introduction when you started in New York under Numbers4Glory. I said it then, and I'll say it now. I am eagerly looking forward to working with you. It may be on different sides of the country, but I still hold to what I meant before.

And Stewie, thank you. It means a lot to have the approval of a talking baby genius.

Rob found Rookie immensely happy for him as he noticed her clapping spastically and the smile on her face.

We have known each other for as long as I can remember Rookie. Your bloodline has always been there for. Through the easy stuff, and not so easy stuff. I try to always return the favor, but you always seem to have always outdo yourself. Thank you my dear for the wishes.

HandsomeRob looks at his new Right Hand as he continued to drink the champagne. He fully knew what she was up to with getting him drunk. Fuck it, he thought to himself as he kept drinking.

Report Post Tip

Roberto lights a smoke and walks over towards his chum, HandsomeRob. His stubble was well defined and his face was gorgeous. These were mixed emotions for BPC (Big Papa Carlos) as he was seeing one of his close friends leave the family. He had always enjoyed their time together and would miss him. God he'd miss him. However, times are changing and HandsomeRob needed to expand.

Old chum. Congratulations again. We have worked together for a long time, our bloodlines have grown up together in recent times through the good and the bad. I know you will take all this in your stride and help make Chicago great again.

Roberto takes a glass of champagne and raises it.

To Robbie! 

Report Post Tip
My handsome friend, I have said this in private and I'm more than happy to speak out here. This is a very long time in the making and very well deserved! We go a long way back in this world and have some how always managed to sit within the same circles. I'm absolutely positive that you will take this chance by the balls and make the most of it. Congratulations pal!
Report Post Tip

Manuel was buoyed by HandsomeRob and Natalya's speeches, and cleared his throat to make a brief statement himself.

I just wish it to be placed on record my happiness to return to Chicago, where my father started out before moving on to New York under sad circumstances, and I am completely sure that under the guidance of Rob and Natalya the city will truly flourish. Rest in peace to the fallen, hopefully we can make this city great once again.

He raises his the bottle of red wine he had brought along, and toasted.

To the future, to the Salty Bastards and to Chicago!

Manuel takes a large swig of his wine.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations HANDSOMEROB.

(The 11 hour flight gave me time to practice spitting that out.)

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations on the promotion to crew leader and getting your own district HandsomeRob. 

You've worked incredibly hard for Godfather Numbers4Glory, often doing a lot more of the behind scenes work for him him and New York which doesn't always get the public plaudits it should. An incredidbly smart thinker I have no doubt The Loop will flourish under your guidance. I hope you enjoy a long and fruitful life in your Chicago holiday home." 

Desmand winks before shaking HandsomeRobs hand and handing him over a small present. 

Report Post Tip

Walking around the headquarters back in New York, BlackWidow entered a rather empty room and began gathering the things HandsomeRob had left behind. Packing away the inordinate amount of mirrors, she shakes her head and laughs to herself. He may be handsome, but damned if he didn't know it. She grabbed a picture of their family partying when Numbers4Glory reached Godfather and scrawled "Congratulations on your new family, don't forget about us!" before packing it in the box. Lifting the box on her hip, she went to raid the crew bar, grabbing the bottles of bourbon that HandsomeRob had obviously unknowingly left behind. She made a couple phone calls and packed her car to head to Chicago. 

Upon arrival, she knocked on the door, standing back as she waited. A very hungover HandsomeRob and Natalya answered, obviously trying to recover from their celebration. She smiled at them and handed him the box, giving an apologetic nod at Natalya. The mirrors were her problem now. 

"I know I'm late, but I had to swing by and say congratulations. We're going to miss you over in New York, it won't be the same without you around the headquarters. I know you will both help Chicago rebuild into something amazing. Take care of each other, and remember we are only a phone call away."

Report Post Tip

Arriving a little late Jericho walks up to HandsomeRob shaking his hand.

"Congratulations Rob, I'm sure Chicago will grow and be rebuilt into something good with you in charge, so good luck to you."

Jericho raises his glass before he wonders off.

Report Post Tip

HandsomeRob sees all of his friends walk out to congratulate him and give Chicago their best wishes. 

Roberto, my brother who wears bow ties and fedoras, I will miss you. I will miss all the times at the local bar picking up girls. Even though not all of them were up to par with our own tastes. I will miss all those drunken nights on the subway. I just hope that we can still do these things man. In my eyes we will, just not as often. But I'll always be around to kick it with you.

Rob turns to his friend.

My dear space-slut, only I can call him that, we have both said things to each other in private and I think thats the best way to do it sometimes. You'll always have my help/backing in whatever you need friend. Its about time we both got a shot at being leaders. And we'll both do great things.

HandsomeRob turns to his friend Lulu who always hated to call him by his name.

Lulu, you know thats my nickname and everyone calls me that. I don't know why you still have trouble calling me handsome. I hope you continue to make those 11 hour flights to keep calling me by my name.

Rob laughs.

Desmand, thank you for the kind words. I can only share the same things about you and your work. And I hope to see more of you my friend. 

Rob takes one look at BlackWidow and realizes she is carrying his most precious of items. His mirrors...

I'll took those off your hands. 

He takes the box of mirrors and passes them to Natalya, but not before taking out a bottle of bourbon and opening it up to take a quick swig of it.

You are right. These are Natalya's problem now. Natalya, I think you can find some good places for these right?

HandsomeRob can tell Natalya is fighting the urge to roll her eyes at him.

BlackWidow, thank you. I thank you for a lot of things actually. The things you taught me, the things you did for me, I will never forget. The way how we were able to bring both our ideas to the table and ultimately create such awesome techniques on certain things, will forever be stained in my mind. We worked great together and I hope we continue to work together on some matters. Thank you miss.

Rob turns to his friend Jericho, who he has known for quite some time now.

Thank you Jericho. From one new leader to another, I respect your kind words and hope you the same!

Report Post Tip
Good luck and congrats in your new spot Rob
Report Post Tip

Grabbing the length of her dress, she stepped out of the limo, a bit tipsy from the drinks flowing inside. She had just came from Mogul's HQ opening and the drinks had been flowing! Tucking her hair back behind her ear, trying to not look so intoxicated, Princess straightened her crown, looking around the crowd before spotting HandsomeRob and his crew. Making her way over, she had accidentally bumped into a few gangsters, apologizing as quickly as she was moving. Finally reaching Mr. Handsome himself, she took his hand in hers, smiling widely.

"Oh Lord, I am so sorry I am late, you handsome devil. Seems as though there are parties galore to hop around to and you know I wouldn't forget my favorite Boy Toy now would you?! All joking aside, I am very happy that we ended up in Chicago together, Rob. You were a great friend to me in our old home and I hope that continues to grow as well as your lovely family here in The Loop. Remember if you need anything, Mogul and I are just a little ways away!"

Kissing his cheek, she steals a glass from a waiter carrying a tray around, raising into the air.

"Heres to the Salty Bastards!"

Report Post Tip

Lulu smirks.

I don't know about flying 11 hours to call your name,  but Natalya...

Report Post Tip

Skip heads into the "newish" headquarters and is taken in awe by the luxury already He sees his wife and gives her a kiss on the cheek. He grabs a drink and holds it up to the newly appointed family leader HandsomeRob.

"Congratulations on your newest appointment. I hope Chicago can rebuild after the recent tragedies that took place here. May your coffers always be full and all of you family live a long and productive life."

Skip downs his drink and heads over to chat with his wifey before heading out into the night.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Salty Bastards are in The Loop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL