Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 05:33:09
Page:  1 
The First Multi-Annual Corn Off Started by: Ascanius on Mar 30, '14 10:02

Starting at the end of this weekend, we will begin the first of many events for the first multi-annual Corn Off. It is a competition based around corn. The current two contestants will be Mako and Mogul. Mogul is expected to be the champion as well he is practically a cobb himself. Mako will be a fine adversary though due to his drinking ability, and he is a bit Yela… Not Yellow (definitely not in personality), but whatever.

The first part of this competition will involve the two of them competing at removing husks of corn using any tools they wish. There will be one hundred husks for them to remove, and at the end they will be expected to create some sort of art piece out of the discarded husks which we shall all judge.

There will be ten sub-events (each as exciting as the last), but this first one will test their basic skills around corn, as well as warm up their manual skills because this Corn Off will become an endurance test in the end.

I wish the two the best of luck, and prizes will be dealt out after the final round. Should anyone have any input for technique or should anyone like to volunteer as a coach for the contestants, please feel free to do so. 

Round One shall commence on March 31 at 00:00:00

Report Post Tip

I was just wondering if CowboyJeff will be attending this event. Surely he wants to be there to sing his famous song that he usually sings at barn parties. You know the "Eatin corn wit you grrllllll" song. It seems its placed number one on the local barn circuit. Just figuring since this is a corn competition it needed its own anthem.

Report Post Tip

Man, deez bitches definitely be trippin!

Report Post Tip

Mako walks to his table, giving a sideways glare over at Jin, who is also hovering over his table of corn. He begins to check out the corn, making sure it was edible and Ascanius didn't give him any fake food. After examining the corn, Mako smiles with confidence.

"Soooo, I found a loophole, my good friends. The rules of the competition is that I must remove the corn husks and make my own design... However, there isn't anything stating that I HAVE to eat the corn. If they was all about corn eating, I wouldn't stand a chance against Mogul here. Therefore, I will beat taking the el cheapo way out and remove the husks with my teeth, spitting them out into the pan next to me. The corn?"

He clears his throat, unclear of how to really answer his new question.

"Well, the buzzards outta be eatin' real good tonight, lets just say that."

Mako begins by removing the husks with his teeth and throwing the cobs of corn over his shoulders without a care where the land. After around 30 minutes of this, Mako looks over to his pan of husks and begins building. At the end, you can barely see Mako through the smoke of the train smoked cigarettes, as one is hanging from his mouth, the ash as long as the cigarette. Once he is done with his building, Mako takes a few steps back and admires it. He holds out his hands as he tosses the smoked cigarette to the side, and yells at the top of his lungs.

"LE CORN HUSK EIFFEL TOWER!!! You're probably asking yourself, 'why'."

He crosses his arms, closes his eyes, and looks matter of fact about the situation.

"The Eiffel Tower is art, and that's what I made. Art. I'm an artists with my hands and my cloud of smoke rings that follow me. And the loophole man of the word. You guys can have the corn, all I needed were the husks, and I still have an empty belly, ready for whatever is next."

With an offset smile, Mako walks to the back and takes a seat, before pulling out another cigarette and relaxing.

Report Post Tip

Lulu sneaks an admiring glance at Mako's Eiffel Tower and then quickly turns to scoff at the mess he's made. 

She then wanders off for a minute and comes back dragging a wading pool behind her. 

She raises her left arm to cast, gathering the schucked corn cobs up in a small tornado,  then raises her right hand to her shoulder and then in a circle,  creating a ring of fire on the outside of the tornado. 

She smirks as a torrent of popping sounds rings out from inside the tornado and then drops her left hand,  the tornado instantly dissipating and the corn falling into the wading pool as she does so. 

She walks over and affixes a sign to the side of the wading pool:

Popcorn On The Cob

50 Cents

Report Post Tip

Mogul sat and observed the 100 corn cobs before him. He stared at them.. and stared at them... and stared at them. The crowd seemed to lose interest after the first few days, but a true lover of corn would appreciate the beauty in front of him and prepare, rather than dive into it without any thought or preparation like his competition.

"Like Mako I will not be eating the corn either, it isn't a rule and Pellagra ain't nothin' to fuck with. I will however take the time to place them on the table to save for later."

He glared at Mako as he said that and saw him lookin' at him sideways.. It was on. He began removing the husks carefully and dropped them into a bucket beneath his table for some time. 100 unhusked cobs later he dumped the bucket onto the table and started working on his masterpiece. Mogul didn't know what he was making, he had nothing in mind. He just let his heart do the thinking for him and piled the husks on top of one another. As he placed the last one he took a step back and it became clear to him. It was a sculpture of an extremely detailed and realistic pile of corn husks.

He heard the moans and groans coming from the crown and the bellowing laughter from Mako's table. It was then that Mogul realized he didn't give a shit about the husks or the art piece, but about the corn cobs. It's what he's always cared about. So he bundled them up and ran home to devour some before the next event.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The First Multi-Annual Corn Off
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL