Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 22:29:17
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Conclusion of "Project Jeff" Started by: JohnWayne on Apr 01, '14 15:32

'Jeff' was never fooling anyone as a 'new' player. In fact, about a minute after you were brought into our crew, Rob and I spoke about how we figured you were someone that was trying entirely too hard to be someone they weren't.

If you're going to try and go incognito, at least be good at it. Once people started catching on to what you were doing, and realized you were fake, that's why you were trolled right back.

Report Post Tip

Hell I actually thought you were trolling for the sake of trolling. I had no idea you tried to pretend to be a new player.

Report Post Tip

trolling aside, do i believe things are easy for a new player?

i think it depends on the players attitude, their leaders attitude and external factors such as war.  I have even seen in cases a family not told they are at war, just getting to watch each other die with nothing sent down from a leader.

I have often been in families with dead chat, limited communication except to ask for donations and very little development of members.  The only call of course being for pro wackers or shooters in wars.  Has this calmed with take downs replacing wars
? to a degree yes.  Have i seen these families who just use members as cash cows get authed again and again even though they offer no development of members? yes.  Is this something i tried to avoid as BTSP  yes, did it carry over to Sweets crew unfortunately not so sending donnie to recruit and asking other volunteers to help boost chat etc were offered.

Geographical time/location can be another feature for nurturing new talent, recently a member felt to be the only US based in the family as much as mass mails, mentoring etc can be done by mail, there is a limit motivation wise...

do i believe is smart to tell people to do things just to kill them, no that still reflects on someone if indeed is true,  Is not so long ago, saw a similar alleged experiment this way at least in last 12 months i believe.

Should  a structure be in place via a leader, and be dished by capos and sponsors etc of course, if someone is known not to be a noob of course will be looked for, I got stalked and allegations made up by a mindless f*ckwad my last few characters due to the simple fact paranoid people are sometimes convincing in their lies and deceit.

Will everyone work to do better and learn? no

will people act new who aren't? yes

will people troll? always

has the limits of the game been outgrown by some, or the fact they die so much, frustrated by lack of opportunities or fulfilling potential gonna be a feature in some trolling? of course.

if you want to run a real experiment, bring new people in, and see how they adjust, let them use their own curious or non-curious minds and write up all their limitations they found, problems, etc.  Use a wide range of personality types too, so truly objective

Report Post Tip

On behalf of DJBillTetley, the hottest DJ ever to grace MR, I would like to announce that he was not taking part in any project. Nor was he working toward the betterment of anything nor trying to do any study. He was just here to amuse himself and perhaps annoy a few people which would then, in turn, provide him even more amusement. It was childish and pointless and fun.

Report Post Tip

If Jeff is an experiment for social thing he fails on obtaining a good offer to him. First reason, I have offered him a really good deal under my wing but he made a shot of one of the LHM which i have clearly state that before i recruit him and if he acquire a gun holster it till I say so. Secondly i never ask a money on him rather i have sent him some cash he can use so he can catch up with others without any problem in money. Thirdly, he is not a new guy who don't know the Society rules.

I adore his guts to come to this street and talk, but to ignore some offer that can help him enjoy our society is not acceptable enough you to say he is an experiment or something, he is here just to annoy anyone or make a fool of someone.

Report Post Tip
Troll or Not...Noob or not...Acting in that manner will not get you far. I do see some sense in what you were trying to prove in creating a new char and showing how hard it is too make it as a noob... However you could have left out the down syndrome part of him... On the next level. reading his shit was funny, and anyone stooping to that level to let this guy actually offend you is plain crazy.. Since "you knew he was troll" ... It was a funny char from what I seen... Poorly done to execute an actual new player...and worse since people actual took his weak threats, and funny threats seriously.... Good day or Night...\

Keepin it real IN tha Si

Krytical out
Report Post Tip
and btw, having a profile pic...and making suits right off the bat.... and also expressing your bloodline also made suits... is def not a new player.. FYI...so that theory has been shot down
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Conclusion of "Project Jeff"
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL