Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 08:28:03
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Yeah, so this is why I don't play anymore. Started by: TwitMagnet on Apr 07, '14 19:38

What constitutes a silly unrelated name? O.o

Report Post Tip

Because the Mafia shot people for having stupid names all the time... 

Report Post Tip

I've seen several other names that would be considered equally "offensive", but obviously nobody has complained about them. I'd suggest being more creative, for e.g. the late, great Dick_Gozinya.

Report Post Tip

Consider yourself both tipped. I never was crazy about the various forms of censorship round these parts especially since it is selectively used. It does not make sense to me to block such things in a name when anything can be said in a post and virtually anything can be said in a profile.

Report Post Tip

I think it's rather simple. As long as no-one complains, you're cool. If someone chooses to be a prude, then you're fucked.

Report Post Tip

kittencock is right

Report Post Tip

Firstly, let me wish a pleasant good day to everyone reading this.

Secondly let me say that I mean no disrespect on the admin team, even thought what you did was wrong on many cases. 

Changing someone's name is a big thing, and for a game with no supreme use base, it should be handle with care. Changing someone name and the telling them you changed it, is wrong, their is no reason to go with the cloak and dagger approach on a name change.

I cannot even begin to tell you how different words mean different things to different cultures and people this is why asking is important. I don't care what anyone says, twitmagnet sounds more offense to me, than twat magnet, twit sounds like your talking about a vagina now compared to Twat which before I figured meant stupid. It's all based on our culture and people.  

Now, don't get me wrong, in some regards he should of never made the name. We have a word such as consideration, knowing our name might not be okay with a percentage of people, you should be considerate and change it. This also works both ways as you have to be considerate that what the word means to you, might mean a different thing to someone else. This all breaks down to one simple thing people, coexistence. In MR we already do more coexistence than any other MMO. 

To: TwitMagnet
Sent: Apr 07, '14 19:21
Subject:

Hey bud, someone complained about your name, so I renamed your character.  If you want a different name (whcih we can do since you havnt mailed or posted yet) let me know so I can change it.

Really? someone complained? One person?...you know what. I am not even going to discus how stupid it is to base something off the opinions of one person, ESPECIALLY A NAME.

Report Post Tip

Your injustice was heard by us all this day, before this I thought having your name changed wasn't a big deal, I thought it wasn't something to get upset about and make sure the entire world knew. Boy was I fucking wrong. In fact, I was so wrong, and so moved by this thread that I am going to start a foundation for people such as yourself.

Every 60 seconds someone's name is unjustly changed on an internet game. 

We need to step up. We need to DO something.

THIS TYRANNY WILL NOT STAND.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

You forgot Woof, Buddy.

Shame on you!

Report Post Tip

To be fair the sensitivity on here is absolutely ridiculous at times. Last time I played properly I noticed an account with the name 'Jew' was unceremoniously DD'ed and the poor sod hadn't even sent a message or posted a thread/reply...so I interpreted that to mean that the word 'Jew' is offensive regardless of context. In itself that seemed offensive to me!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Yeah, so this is why I don't play anymore.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL