Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 17:59:35
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What Klaabben Discovered Started by: Klaabben on Apr 09, '14 07:03

Doubtlessly I'm going to be heckled with the new in vogue cry of "so salty", but I'm going to write this down anyway in the hope that someone listens. 

The idea behind my thread "What Klaaben Saw" was simple - to highlight just how bizarrely some people are acting around here. I pitched it as a story from a day in the life of a no name Goomba called Klaaben. He was just minding his own business, carrying on with his rounds, you know, like an actual mobster would be doing, when he happens across an altercation. Rather than use the words of normal people in the argument though, I decided to take some samples of the recent utterings that can be found in virtually every conversation in the streets. Things like "so salty", "trollerino", "GOAT" and "303303" are all over the place, in near all discussions at some stage, and I personally don't have a fucking clue about any of it. 

So, I decided to throw these terms into the fictional confrontation between two Wise Guys so I could convey my, and I assume other people's, confusion. The result is obvious, these guys both look fucking stupid because what does any of this juvenile nonsense actually mean to the common man on the street? I mean come on, "so salty"? We're meant to be in the mafia. What mobster worth their reputation is going to respond to anything someone says to them with a put down of "so salty"? Are we serious with this? Is that how you think people in the mafia would actually act? If it is, then you're a deluded moron, if it isn't (which it isn't) then why are you bringing this rubbish into what is meant to be a mafia simulation? I came to play a mobster, not a primary school bully. 

Easily the worst part of this though is just who the main culprits are. This isn't no name Goomba's like Klaaben who might not know better, this is Godfathers, Dons, Underbosses and Consiglieres who are the ones setting the precedent for all the other guys following in their wake. Is this the legacy you want to leave behind? Being the most juvenile gang of leaders to ever grace the game? Because that is the record you're striving for. I saw Pratster compare this regime to other 'cliques' of the past and I can say with absolute certainty that none of them forced the majority of the players to stomach such complete horseshit designed purely for their own amusement with such regularity to the point where it is actually damaging the integrity of the game. 

I understand to a select group of people this shit must all be riotously funny; you run around from thread to thread saying four or five words of irrelevant nonsense just to amuse yourselves, safe in the knowledge that you're untouchable. Well good for you guys, enjoy the time at the top whilst it lasts, but for those of us who came to play a Mafia simulation, the game you're leaving us with falls ridiculously short of the mark. Your conduct lately has been little better than that of the RobertDeNiro character. RAVIOLI or GOAT? I'm not sure which is worse.

You've risen to the top of the game, please don't destroy it now with all this pathetic shit. There are plenty of places and ways you can have your fun without making it so detrimental for the rest of us. If you're going to come to the streets, make a fucking effort to be in character at least, don't just spout 4 or 5 words of elliptical rubbish.

Anyway, that's my piece. Thanks for listening.   

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $65,000 Tip

To be honest, I didn't think your piece was bad. We might troll some, but I'm sorry if you think it has came to legit bullying, because that bothers me some. I think if we are going to troll around some, that some people should be able to do it back as well. To an extent.

But, as well, I do see a difference between being an absolute dick to people for no reason, and name calling. When it resorts to name calling, I think things have gone a bit far. There are ways to go about things, and ways to not go about things, while keeping it at a respectful degree. I can agree with that.

However, we are going to be use and throw our inside jokes around. That's just us and that's what makes us happy.

Do I think the speech was punishable by death? Meh. Nah. But would I put myself in harm or my family with just one persons words and actions? Nope. If it pissed off the people in bold, then I wouldn't risk pissing off people for just one person that was throwing some taunts. Even though I did feel that it was just a little trolling back, which in my eyes, is acceptable until it gets out of control. If you upset my brothers and sisters though, that would make me unhappy, and that's when you'd have to go.

Overall, I understand what you're saying. And yes, it is heard.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree what is said here. The upper structure is guilty is most of the shit that happens to lore and feel of the world, whenever I read a thread from one of them these days it's rainbow colors and words that not everyone would get. You got your own, little group, that's cool, I feel happy for you. Just keep your OOC out of our Roleplay. 

Not all of the upper structure are like this, their are those to post threads for everyone to understand and those who post threads with their cute little group slogans and colors, with role play that makes no sense just for the fun and giggles simple cause they can.

Report Post Tip

Meh... Regardless, Jeddy has worked hard and posted some nice thread. The rainbow colors are also between them and his family, which is what is the most important thing.

I've put some damn hard work into my rps. And if you think it's trash because I post a sentence about Trucks, GOATs, or 303303, then I don't really care. I know the time spent into a thread, and if you call it trash, that's whatever.

Lets not act like Jeddy's thread are trash, because they aren't. And that will offend me.

Report Post Tip

You know people complain that the streets aren't active or that leaders and hands don't talk enough. Then when they do they are ridiculed for how they do it. Some things aren't for them, but if they found a way to make it more enjoyable for them, then let them do it. Shouldn't people be happy that the streets are more active or do they have to be active how THEY want it to be active.

Do I care much about GOATs or Trucks? Well, I drive a truck it is very nice, but it is for their enjoyment. Should people not like it, then don't take part in it or ignore it as some would tell you to do. Is it really affecting you so much that you have to insult it? Most mature adults would just move on with their lives and just not take part.

Am I saying people should die for it, no. I was fighting a losing battle the other day over the same issue. For a few hours I thought it had even damaged some friendships I have because I was so angry over having to kill someone for it. Yet, I came to realize that some friendships are true and they won't just ditch you.

Like Mako said, there is still a lot of time and effort put into most of these threads. Just because it isn't to your liking doesn't mean it isn't good or is degrading the game. 

If this game was completely true to its Mafioso life, things would be a lot different around here. So let's not really bring that up. I've seen worse things than some GOATing, Trucks, and 303303. Look at people's names to begin with. Should we tell them they all have to rename themselves because it isn't very Mafioso-like? 

Anyways, that's my piece. Thanks for listening.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $25,000 Tip
I understood the original intentions of the thread, even if those were not perceived to be the intentions. My main issue is how it got Klaaben killed in the first place. He is entitled to post on the streets like anyone is, and he's allowed to express his own opinion, whether it be sticking to the 'party line' or not. When I read it last night, I thought it was an entirely legitimate post and to be honest, I'm a bit annoyed he got killed for writing it. He wasn't particularly disrespectful at all, and without wanting to risk their wrath myself it's a sign of insecurity that it came to that.
Report Post Tip

I don't think it constitutes bullying, Mako, or at least I don't feel bullied in any way, however I do think it is juvenile and out of control. I'm not asking for people to be allowed to mock the way the ruling powers speak at will, because for whatever reason Klaaben died, ultimately he hadn't earned the right to say anything so I don't have an issue with him being shot. Whilst it isn't something I would have done, it is just part and parcel of the game. Nor am I calling for 100% legitimacy because firstly, I don't think that is possible, and secondly I think it would restrict some of the not so authentic yet undoubtedly entertaining things people do.

However, I took this out of character because as a player of the game I feel like the experience of acting like a mobster is being greatly cheapened by a small minority of people for little more than their own enjoyment, which is adding nothing to the game in the process. I think everyone can accept a bit of gloating and flexing of the position from those on top, because they've earned the right to do that and it can help establish their characters. But, decrying everything as "salty" if it isn't exactly what you want to hear, going completely out of character in the streets and repeatedly citing elliptical nonense is tiresome. It goes beyond "trolling" right over into ridiculous. It isn't what I would expect from the players at the top of the game who are responsible for establishing the precedent for their families, and if their inside jokes are causing the damage, which I believe they are, then I think it is worth pointing it out to them in the hope that they will stop or at least find a more appropriate method of conveying them.

I'd love for leaders to be active exactly how I want them to be, Taegan, because we would have a great mafia simulation going on where people actually acted like mobsters. Isn't that what we are meant to be? Isn't that why you came to this game, to simulate being in the mafia? Realistically though, rather than expecting leaders to do what I want, I'd settle for them not being so humungously far from acting how a real mobster would act for the majority of the time. If we're meant to be happy just because people are opening their mouths, even though every other word they are saying is "salty", then we're setting a very low bar on happiness. We should expect more from our leaders and upper structures, not less.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $25,000 Tip

"He couldn't understand any of the fucking gibberish these idiots were saying and guessed they must be out of their nut."

"Maybe the next set of smackheads he met would try to rob him or set fire to themselves, which would probably make more sense."

This what you said and this is who you said it was about:

"this is Godfathers, Dons, Underbosses and Consiglieres"

The rest of the thread was great and I don't really see what those twos lines added to it but I guess you had to get your digs in somehow. 

Report Post Tip

No, Desmand, that is not who I said it was about, nor is it the purpose of this thread. 

Report Post Tip

What it boils down to is shooting someone for the street thread in question was uncalled for. Plain and simple.

Report Post Tip

Consider it slang. If we were using proper slang from the era, that'd be confusing as fuck too. There are some quality posts popping up in the streets. Despite some of the attempts at spamming done recently, portraying total idiocy, there are other people following proper RP form, and I've even seen attempts to go above and beyond that. 

All the terms that have become popular have meaning, and perhaps maybe someone should write a little dictionary for those who don't understand it. I don't understand ALL of them, but I'm not easily bothered. 

Report Post Tip

Plain and simple?

Well, that's a matter of opinion. I personally don't like being called a smackhead.

I'm not asking for people to be allowed to mock the way the ruling powers speak at will, because for whatever reason Klaaben died, ultimately he hadn't earned the right to say anything so I don't have an issue with him being shot.

He knew what he was doing. That's the only part that is plain and simple. 

Report Post Tip

I may be biased on this topic, so take my comments with, well, I would say a pinch of salt, but you might take that too literally.

I can't help but agree with most, if not all Klaabben has said. The level of the 'trolling', when it really isn't trolling at all, is getting a little ridiculous. Obviously, being Pratster, I must comment on the following statement;

I saw Pratster compare this regime to other 'cliques' of the past and I can say with absolute certainty that none of them forced the majority of the players to stomach such complete horseshit designed purely for their own amusement with such regularity to the point where it is actually damaging the integrity of the game. 

The reason I compared this regime to those of the past, was because of a couple of specific examples. One of which I have mentioned already in another thread, that of Roman. I wouldn't be flattered by this comparison however, as ultimately, he met his inevitable end. Roman forced his views on others, not allowing people to have any sort of differing opinion from his own. I personally came directly from this mans family. I was given bodyguards, hand positions, crew leader, and even underboss to a city, I was also one of the people who chose to defend him when it all went tits up. So if anything, I should be singing his praises and congratulating anyone who does things similar to him. So in that sense, I'm not biased. It wasn't a good way to lead the game then, and it most certainly isn't a good way to lead the game now.

The second comparison I was making, was to that of Czyhlarz (forgive my spelling, I can't really be too arsed to look it up, and try to remember the spelling.). This was a regime that, in my opinion, forced their ways onto the general population. From what I have heard, families that were being set up under this regime, simply HAD to have some reference to Czyhlarz in their name. The same went for Dunder Mifflin. This, in my eyes, is almost just as bad as what is currently going on, with forcing people to like the whole 303303, GOAT etc etc deal or suffer the consequences (which is quite clearly death.).

The only thing that seperates that, to what is happening now, is the apparent game wide tolerance. With Czyhlarz, there were other families to join, that didn't involve them. However, now, you have to be ok with 303303, or you're dead, regardless. This level of forced tolerance is just ridiculous. I mean, this was given as an actual reason for taking down Numbers4Glory, and I won't lie, I wanted his death to come, and the other reasons were sound, but the fact that the mocking of 303303 was included in it, was laughable.

Now, to move away from that statement, and onto another thing I feel I must bring up. The double standard, and example that is being set.

I have now been recently killed twice for comments made in the streets towards a Godfather, and before it is bought up, I accept that my words were both disrespectful, or unnecessary. I deserved to die for them, and I would've been shocked if I hadn't have been killed. However, the Godfathers in question, were both giving it as good as they were getting, (in one of the cases at least, it could be said they were giving much worse.) however they did not receive the same fate.

People will say that Godfathers shouldn't receive the same fate, due to the fact that they are Godfathers. Which, in a way, I can accept. However, these are the people who should be setting the example to the rest of the game, on the way you should behave in public forums, and in general act and speak. If this was the case, nobody should ever be punished for ill words said towards another, regardless of their rank.

Is this the example that is really being set? That this is the way people should act, and the way Godfathers should act no less?

In my opinion, no, it isn't, but as has already been pointed out in other threads, they don't frankly give a shit about what we, or I personally think, so why does it matter, right?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

I realise I didn't comment on every part of this, and I apologise for the double post. I genuinely forgot to mention a significant part.

The impact it has on the streets, whereas activity is up (which don't get me wrong, is a good thing) is it activity that the rest of the game can partake in?

When we have been met with certain individual members 'trolling' or just posting up in the streets, you can generally just choose to ignore it, as there would only be one, or maybe two threads that were to do with the subject. However, as Klaabben pointed out, it seems to be a recurring theme across a vast number of threads, so to ask for people to just simply ignore it, is to ask people to ignore a vast majority of the streets, which definitely isn't a good thing.

I also have a feeling that a lot of people are just ignoring it. It can't look very welcoming, visiting the streets, seeing it all contain something to do with one of the many, themes I'll call them. It's not exactly easy to just strike up a post in a thread that you genuinely have no idea what is going on. Again, when this is just a few threads, or a few people feeling 'alienated' it's not such a problem, however, as I said before, when it is apparently game wide, and on a large scale, I believe it has a much bigger affect.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

SammyG, I'm following your statement, but i do have one thought. I was briefly part of the dunder mifflin organization, and pretty much until the end of the organizations reign, it was only 1 district. Ralph ran a district with that as his family name, and with his district using it. Toberious took the name with him to west side, and then promptly died. After that, unless i missed something from early in that district, it was just Ralphs north side until he was removed.  

Pretty much everything else you've said, i agree with you on.

Report Post Tip

I stand by what I said. That is also plain and simple.

Report Post Tip

This dude is so salty. 

Report Post Tip

Right. I skimmed through this. Klaaben seemed to know what he was doing. A smart guy indeed. I like his little story, though, with some obvious digs as Desmand said.

Was I happy? Let me explain something first off.

The "Salt" thing and the "erino" thing is a joke from something completely different that Ace/JohnnyNoName and I would use as a joke in skype calls. How did it catch on? Non LoL players wouldn't understand. (Alot of professional LoL players do it, Ace and I would joke about it on IRC/Skype.) I used the 'erino' thing as a personal way of showing it was my mass mail or something.. As other leaders do, I just signed mine off with 'Dannerino' and I'd use such words, jokingly.

People caught on and started using it. I don't use these words in every day life or hell, even ingame. If people think the men and women of the 303303 are the ONLY ones responsible for the spreading of those silly, troll words, then I'm afraid you're not quite as intelligent as I thought.

I could pull up logs of people trying to use the words, to be in the "In" crowd with Ace. (With him being the #1 gun, everyone wanted to be his friend.). But it'd be effortless, you'd still bash it.

I personally find you attacking Jeddy over his threads childish. I wasn't happy over that, I asked Klaabens leader what he thought of it. A brief conversation left us both wondering what to do. It wasn't my member so I wasn't going to kill him. I thought it was silly.. Maybe not humourus to me, but to some.

-

Onto Pratster. You did deserve to die, you know that and admit it. I tried to protect you once but we both know how that ended up, eh? :/. I allow the freedom of speech as long as it is respectful. (Ask Prat/Anna. I was very conflicted over shooting them over disrespect, albeit, warranted?)

I do agree Godfathers need to set an example. Desmand in question shouldn't have kept going. After the first insulting retort he should have stopped against you Pratster and let Don Taegan deal with it. However, knowing both of you and your bloodlines.. I personally knew neither of you nobs would back down. One thing led to another and boom, Pratster dies. It is unfortunate and trust me, Desmand got a bitch full from Ace regarding it.

You say we don't care, which is true. Why do I care about someone not in my family/district as a Godfather? I personally will start caring a bit more.

Over all, as a player, I've seen it happen before but worse things have happened and worse punishments were dealt out to lesser infractions. I'm sorry to you, Klaabben.

-

To anyone who thinks you don't have any freedom of speech, do have a chat with me sometime. (Either ingame or on IRC. I'm usually on both 10 hours a day cos I'm a hopeless addict.). I'm always happy/willing to speak about things. I'm a player over all and I'm a Godfather IC. I, with everyone else, sometimes confuse OOC/IC actions as one in the same in this day and age. I apologize.

-

Dan/Morty (Also, if you're not in the 303303, please don't try to represent us, eh, Cassadaga? I already make them look bad enough, they can't deal with two twats in one group.)

Report Post Tip

He wasn't conflicted over shooting me. He loved every minute of it! 

Report Post Tip

(The statement above is false and I would like to spare sweet little Daniel's delicate feelings over it. He did not enjoy shooting me. He keeps saying. So apparently he did not.)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: What Klaabben Discovered
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL