Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 14:57:58
Page:  1 
When you are a Civilian? Started by: Husky on Apr 12, '14 02:01

Husky look for an empty soap box and stand there. He grabs his last cookie and eat it then look around then he started barking to get the attention of the people around him.

I have heard much speech in street about people inquiring how and what is the right way to recruit. Some are annoyed because of how this people recruit them. Some just send invite, some just want a small talk, and others don’t either put effort on their invite.

Am not here on this issue, maybe am just tired of asking why most of us forgot something very important on how to recruit properly. Am not against with how everyone recruits now, it is your choice, and it is your freedom.

Now I came here in front of all of you, to throw a question to the Civilian himself/herself or to you yourself when you are still a civilian.

How did/do you pick your family?

How did I pick mine? I always look around, and check every crew. I always pick the smallest one that I know who will need of my help. I rarely choose friends. Sometime I choose as I promise to a bloodline. I don’t care if I get auth or not, it is just a plus on my side if they give me such work. But you can always see my bloodline where there is a family that needs my service. This is how I pick my family, as also how I pick my recruits.

I do know, whenever a civilian has come to our shore, there is a specific family he has already want  to join. Others may think of their future, others hoping if he join in that family he will get a good shot on an auth, others join a family because of bloodline friends, others will join because they know they will be protected even they will be on vacation for long . Others are aiming for something different, maybe a spy, or maybe just wanted to be asshole in the family. I may be right or mistaken on this matter but I do know that each and every one of us has our own reason why we pick a family we are in right now.

Report Post Tip

Husky, did I inspire?

Report Post Tip
Mako trick me say keep safe then contact secret society
!!!
Report Post Tip

Sneaker hears a damn dog barking as she's walking down the street. Aggravated by the insistent barking, she picked up a stick and threw it.

Go get it boy! Fetch!

Report Post Tip

Taisya steps out from the outskirts of the crowd. Listening to Husky and appalled at the same time by others antics.

In answer to your topic, I picked mine through a recommendation. I suppose it sounds odd when put like that however I had been in a discussion with a leader that I respect and they recommended DanTheMan. I won't pretend I wasn't hesitant at first but I eventually gave in.

Clearly I don't regret my choice but as you said there are many reasons for picking a family. My ancestors did not always pick their families the same way either. It does boil down to what each individual wants. At least that is what I believe.

Report Post Tip

Very interesting question there, Husky.

Now, I can fully admit. I, Dan The Man, was upset over the destruction of his fathers home, the West Side of Chicago. I had planned to commit some rogue actions to hopefully deter those who killed my family. HOWEVER, I thought more and more about it and I figured a petty grudge would hurt no one but myself so I dropped it.

After that, I was looking around for a family. My bloodline made a previous promise to Lord Toy Armadillo (Toaly) that I would join him if I died. I however contacted his right hand man Amethyst and informed her of my bloodline and asked for the possibility of a quiet invite just so I could earn and hopefully garner the attention of my lovable toy boss.

Yes indeed though.. Many civilians do come to these shores with a pre-determined plan. I know I most certainly did. I however judged recruiting attempts and praised the ones who truly did try and I would ask the ones who didn't try very hard to try again. 

Now onto that point you mentioned.. People joining friends for auth. Heh. When I joined Toy, I had no aspirations of auth. I had amazing friends in his family before Don Cantillon asked me to help him out. That pushed me into a leadership position and a month later, during a war, lord Toaly asked me if I wanted to setup in Brooklyn with him. How could I refuse the man (dw C, I didn't forget you either) who gave me everything?

Dan looks around. He saw a mean woman attempting to kick the poor dog. It was very cruel and inhumane. Dan wasn't impressed. Dan went over and made sure the pup was okay after the mad woman wandered off after doing fuck all here.

Report Post Tip

Which crew to approach for work was obvious to me the moment TokyoZombi was killed. One of my ancestors was working with one of Lush's some time ago, so naturally I joined Amethyst's crew.

Report Post Tip
Most of the time it's pointless to put effort into recruiting. Most bloodlines whore their family members out before they even die. Rather than accept a challenge they go the familiar route and make you look like a cunt for even trying to recruit. Hell, half the bastards don't even grace you with a reply no matter how much effort you put in, you'll certainly hear about it if you don't put enough though. Fuck em.

I picked my family based on...not much really. I was approached, talked too and accepted (I'm a bad ass like that).
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

As Husky munch his favorite treats while listening to everyone speaks, he stand up and talk when RW318 finishes his speech.

Truly a great story each and everyone has told us today. Thank you Godfather DanTheMan for taking time to tell us your story here, same with Taisya, Nello, and rw318 and also with MissPinky.

Truly we have several reason and story that our bloodline and new bloodline has encounter and will encounter in the future. This proves that, not only by whoring we decide to go to one family, it is always our decision where we know we can have our growth will be seen. I wish one of this day others will offer us to share their own stories to be unfold. Husky smiles to everyone.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: When you are a Civilian?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL