Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 18:34:45
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 
Billy: Silenced for Good Started by: Snowy_White on Apr 14, '14 22:13
Re-listening to this conversation in my head, I think that there was a large misunderstanding between us. I'm not devaluing the value of the rank at all by assuming that I'll be receiving the promotion when eligible, though that is certainly what it must have come across as.

It was more of a "I know what's expected in New York for Made Men, and I also know that I've surpassed those expectations fifteen different ways".

Ras slips Bob a cigar and smiles.

If you'd like, I hear there's a wonderful Bar/a> in Detroit where we could continue this discussion?
Report Post Tip

Stepping back into the fray, Yajirobe lit up a smoke and inhaled, exhaled and inhaled the exhale in again and then looked over to RasAlGhul...

I have to say that I agree with all the words that you just said but if I knew someone wanted to kill a member of the district that I'm a part off then I would consider that as an act of war...

I'm not saying I agree with all the actions taken, I considered Billy family and I also consider Yobssarg family, but they both left the city of New York and that detached them from being immediate family and therfore what they did over in Detroit became no business of mine.

If infact I had found out that Peezy was about to kill you RasAlGhul, I would have been on the phone to my Godfather to take war actions on peezys family, so therfore him looking to take you out is a sign of war.

Report Post Tip
Touche sir, by extension I suppose wanting to kill me would've been seen as an act of war. Or a death sentence. Either which way, it is certainly good to know that from Don right down to Thug, the upper echelon of New York cares about all of their members.

Ras flashes a smile towards Yajirobe before tossing him a large fish.
Report Post Tip

The younger members of any city are the future, not to care about them would be foolish. Although they still must watch what they say to anyone anywhere at anytime because even though anyone below Made Guy is not an immediate member of the family they still represent the family with their words and actions.

Report Post Tip

We don't talk in the mafia. Things happen. That's the end. 

Report Post Tip

Philli steps forward, shaking his head slowly.

"Bob moogalooga, I don't think i can pronounce your last name, so i won't try. 

Will you feel your honor less impeached if the words you hear come from a consigliere instead of a wise guy? Then here you go.

the amount of OOC-itis here is simply appalling. i note no less then three people of this community who need to be quarantined until an industrial strength dose of anti-OOC juice has been injected into each of their asses. I have absolutely no notion of how string even remotely related to this speech, and the discussion around it, and as for a 'game'?" philli looks straight at bob with fire in his eyes. "This is no game. this is cosa nostra, and we should all know it. the is real as life and death, and to take it any other way is to detract and devalue everything we stand for."

Philli turns to the other bystanders.

"now really. when a godfather comes out and speaks about a take down, which he has no requirement to do, some cunt comes out and tells him how he's got it wrong, and how justice will be rained upon him. and other such bullshit. when a godfather fails to speak at all, the masses complain, saying 'why don't you tell us why you did it? are you afraid we won't like your reasons?'. So why is it, that when the godfather instructs his captains, who are supposed to be his face, allowing him to do business. Why is it that when he tells them 'Go speak on this' everyone bitches that he should have come himself. well, as was so eloquently put, the godfather is under no obligation to speak at all. so when he sends his captain, how about we all respect that his words are being passed by his mouthpiece. debate the substance all you want, but there should be no argument that every word snowy_white said was confirmed by her godfather."

Report Post Tip

Now moving on to the more important things. I think one of the things that struck a cord with me most is this silly discussion on whether or not it was 'appropriate' for Yobs to delegate someone in his place to make this speech. I may be wrong, but the way I see it is this - who the FUCK is anyone outside of the uppermost echelon to have a problem with this? People bitch when they don't get an explanatory speech after a takedown. People bitch when it's not for the 'right' reasons. But bitching just because what your peon brain considers the 'wrong' person? Seriously? Do you want some cheese with that? What is the point of becoming a GodFather if you can't have those working for you...do your work for you? Clearly if the other GodFathers of our cities had a problem with it, they would've stated so by now.

I think the lower-end of the community seems to forget that the GodFathers owe them nothing whatsoever. Where did this sense of self-worth come from? Perhaps the water in certain areas got tainted. Perhaps there wasn't enough suckling time on the tit as a baby. Who knows, but if everybody could remember that the only thing the uppers of our world owe us is to keep us alive, I think it would save a lot of headache.

For fucking starters, what classifies as the "lower-end" of the community? Let's put it plain and fucking simple, a godfather isn't shit unless they have people willing to lay their lives on the line to protect them and what they stand for. I believe a lot of those people are probably classified as "lower-end" in your book. To say a Godfather owes members of his city/allied cities nothing is a stupid fucking thing to say and I hate when people run off at the mouth saying it. Anyone who is willing to die for you is owed a bit of fucking respect.

They don't owe use these explanatory speeches, they don't owe us an explanation as to why someone made it instead of another someone, and they fucking certainly don't owe us the time of day it takes to be as patient with the idiots out here as they have been. And yet there they sit week in and week out listening to you all drone. Fucking kudos to them for not losing their damn minds.

If they can't handle the immense stress of making a fucking speech explaining their actions, maybe there are problems.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $45,000 Tip
In my eyes, the lower-end of the community is a very broad term I suppose, as there's truly any hardcore old-school mafiosos left unfortunately. Those who are plagued with OOCitis, those who speak before giving any thought to the negativity that it could bring upon them or the ones they represent (and before it gets stated about my comments earlier, I'm well aware of what I said and will always stick by what I say). Those who break Omerta as if it never existed. Those who drone on like whiny little bitches because they didn't get their way. All of these things to me would classify someone into the "lower-end" of this filthy crime cesspool.

As to your second point... To be completely frank with you sir, I don't believe that a GodFather, UnderBoss, Captain, RH, LH, or even the highest appointed Consigliere within ANY of our organizations ever owes us a speech on why they did a particular action.

Sure, there are some people who should be made aware; their fellow CL's in the city, their family, and... Whoever the hell else that particular GF finds it appropriate to inform. Personally, I think a Mass Mail to their district and the direct people it effected (in this case, Yobs mailing Star, etc) would suffice quite nicely. It's long been an accepted practice for these speeches to exist I guess, but in all reality to this humble mafioso, the public expects far too much when it comes to them.
Report Post Tip

I have to disagree with you RasAlGhul. In regards to what rw318 has already said, many leaders seem to forget that if they had no members that they would cease to exist. Without someone to protect them, it would make for an easy shot. So I do think at times an explanation is owed to a degree.

Report Post Tip
Ras sighs.

I'm not saying that explanations aren't necessary, I'm saying that the public often doesn't need to know what went on.

Yes, the people who earn money for, work for, and risk their lives for said GodFathers deserve to know about a take-down, war, etc. But do Goomba X from city NowhereNearTheAction need to know why Don Fuckwad and Consig Twatface duked it out? Nope nope nope.

(Those names are completely fictional, and hold no relevance to events or people(s) of current or past.)
Report Post Tip

Except when those Dons or Consigs are allies. Never know when you will need a helping hand.

Report Post Tip
I have said this before and will probably say it again. War/takedown speeches should be kept to the point. There was a lot of padding in the original speech and when it had finished most of the information was irrelevant.

Tell it as it is this is the mafia, this to me looked like a move to say that Yobfather currently leads DT and to allow Femto his own district. If Yobfather didn't like the way Billy handled things then just say it.

Now let me go back to the part about Billy's auth wanting to war Queens and because his auth wanted to make that move that was down to Billy authing him. Surely the fact that he acted and killed him or had him killed was evidence that he was doing right by his district and Detroit by killing people who were on the edge starting something?

By that reasoning everytime someone Rogues we should kill the leaders whose family they were in because if that is the case it will be pretty easy in the future to get a leader killed?

Now I don't know the inner workings of most cities but me personally I don't think their should be a city head as a Godfather is a Godfather and shouldn't have to work under anyone hence the reason for the title. Ultimately their business is looking after their district and protecting their interest and working alonside the other Godfathers not beneath them. Otherwise the rank of Godfather is cheapened.

In regards to the Yobfather not making this speech, it is down to him how he wishes to communicate but in my eyes he made the decision he should come out to the public. Yes he doesn't have to explain his decision to us, but not explaining decisions for wars leads to rumours which is bad for business.
Report Post Tip

Yajirobe, it sounds to me like you're the one stuck in some sort of loop. A loop from a time that not many people around here would remember. I certainly don't remember, I obviously haven't been around as long as you.

Times have changed since those ancient days, and that hasn't been how it's worked for the whole time I've been around (I think it's around 8 years or something now, just to avoid confusion with when I am referring to.)

If the same words had been spoken, had it been Yobssarg, what was the point in Snowy doing it? Is Yobssarg so so busy that he cannot take five to ten minutes to come out and explain why he himself, not Snowy, went to war and took out Billy?

Report Post Tip

Hold on a second there SammyG... You're the one that mentioned that you have been playing this game for oh so long ago and not to give you any crap about how things should done around here. So once I mention something that happend before you family line was even born you accuse me of being in a loop? I mentioned that because you, good sir, were the one to bring it up. I was just pointing out that it had happened in the past.

Again, I know for a fact that Yobssarg could have posted this himself, for him to send a captain is his own choice, he has spoke on the streets before. If you want to hear his side of the story, go and ask him yourself and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind anwsering your questions for a couple of minutes.

Report Post Tip
What is this "game" and "posting" you speak of, sir?
Report Post Tip

RasAlGhul, it's poker, we play on friday nights and Yobssarg likes to send letters in the post to his captains for them to speak in the corner of the street to other mobsters. Get outta here

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

RasAlGhul.Calm down.Pls.

Report Post Tip

Yajirobe, yes Yobssarg sent his captain out to talk to us about what happened and although I don't agree with this he is a Godfather it is his choice how he wants the message conveyed, but by sending someone out here he is putting across his side of the story, a few people have made comments that it would be nice to get an answer to, but so far there has been none. Snowy_White even said that they were just the messenger implying that Yobssarg will defend his reasons.

When things are made public we shouldn't have to have private conversations with a Godfather to get answers that have gone unanswered in a public forum, well that is my opinion anyway, and yes I know a speech didn't have to be made but it has been and the community we are, we will always question things if we feel it needs to be questioned.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Billy: Silenced for Good
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL