Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 17:54:03
Page:  1 
What is reality? Started by: Provari on Apr 17, '14 17:49

What do you get when you take a group of frustrated self-righteous individuals and place them in a socio-political run environment with create reign? 

You get the current population here. The same auths and the same powers being delegated to the same faces. The enforcement of roleplaying yet rants about goats. Discussion of 'Omerta' and true cosa nostra standards yet people named "RonBurgundy" and "BobMaloogaloogaloogalogga" 

We have hypocrites, narcisists, egomaniacs and all sorts of personalities mashing together. The reasons behind auths are without reason anymore. It's a numbers game now... which makes sense.. this is all just streams of text in a database somewhere but somehow we lost sense of what this really is.

You see, people are allowed to portray and exhibit their defects & frustrations through these characters. Getting 'authed' or 'honored' or 'made' validates their self-worth in ways they cannot achieve in the real word.

People get enraged when somebody they don't know creates a fake character and uses fake currency to build a fake gun stat and click a fake button at another fake anonymous invented character. 

Name calling and screaming and flipping out.

I have my fun here, man. I march to my own beat. Maybe because my reality is a beautiful thing. Fiance, car, fulltime employed, hobbies, service work... that this is just something I kill time with.

If you put your entire life into a RPG game.. your entire life will end.

Sorry guys, this is how I play. My perceptions and perspectives are just that. This is a game I play.

I will continue to do what I do.. because watching you all get so butthurt is just phenomenal.

-ThirdSun

Report Post Tip

While I do weep for the people who entwine themselves in these games so deeply they tie their self worth to them (and it does happen quite often) as usual your points are shit. What you've essentially done is characterize a role playing game as a role playing game and then went on to criticize people for role playing. What's next? Are you going to go the local laundromat and criticize the people for doing their laundry?

You need to realize you're simply not as bright as you think you are. These threads make you look ridiculous. You criticize people for their choice in names and then use names as an example that have a first name and a surname. They may look strange to you but they are among the most realistic names in the game. I bet I can find someone named Bob before you can find someone named Third.

Report Post Tip

You should adhere to "if you got nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all" because you're only making yourself look really stupid by categorizing people like this. And from what I see, only "butthurt" individuals would take time out of their day to type up such a pathetic rant.

Report Post Tip

My entire world revolves around this game and success here validates my self-worth.

Unfortunately I'm shit at this too.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Damn this shit was really heart-felt and deep...
Report Post Tip
I dont see the harm in getting enthralled in a game like this, whats the difference between playing call of duty after a day at work to relax?
Taking on the roll of a soldier using your skills to kill other players and getting mad when you die short of a good kill streak, this game is just another option to the many consoles, social media networks and other entertainments we have available to us. We take them as seriouslly as we want to and create our own enjoyment and entertaining experiance from them. So long as the game benafits you and what you want from it why should it concern you if somebody else enjoys it in a different way? Thats like getting mad because you like mayo on your cheese sandwhich but the guy next to you prefers pickle..It doesnt affect you in any way shape or form so why should it bother you? It certainly doesnt give you the right to complain and ridicule the person for it, it just seems like your making a personal issue of it when in "reality" its none of youre business.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: What is reality?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL