Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 08:19:38
Page:  1 
Random Musings of A Madman Started by: Mako on May 05, '14 04:14

The weather changed with the new era like a shadow. Mako was sitting under a nearby tree, smoking a joint to himself and running his hand through his hair. He tried to stay off to himself for the most part, but there were some people who made that nearly impossible. Mako was a man of his own breed, but lately he felt like people were trying to take him out of his element. They could never take him out of his element and he knew that... They were the silly ones that thought they could actually change his mindset on certain matters.

Mako didn't even notice the woman who walked in his direction. She had a big hat pulled over her eyes, keeping her voice low as she spoke to Mako. She knelt down next to him and rested a hand on his knee as smiled. "I heard you're a Don of The Loop in Chicago. The whispers say that the Illuminati follows your every step. Is this true?"

Her calm voice threw Mako off guard at first, but he raised his head to look at her. Without hesitation he said, "I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, hag. The Illuminati is only a myth. Don't be stupid."

"I think you mistaken me too much, sir. I know about you. I know your name and I know you lead this group that calls themselves the Illuminati. Since you won't talk about it, all I ask is that you listen," she said with a another sweet smile. The woman seemed like she knew where she wanted this conversation to go, but Mako felt that it was exactly what he didn't want to hear right now.

"Go on." Mako's didn't seem pleased when he responded, the feeling in his gut wouldn't let him. The woman traced her finger around his knee as she continued on, "I'm a hard worker and I know that the Illuminati is associated with the mafia. Or so, that's what I'm told. I want to join you and Illuminati... under some conditions of course."

"Conditions?" It's what Mako feared it was. This person had came to him expecting something from him when it should be the other way around. This was starting to become too repetitive for his own liking. He hoped that his silence spoke enough, but it became clear he didn't.

"I would like to know that I'll be receiving some form of payment in return for what I can do for you... When the meetings happen between you and your upper structure, I'll expect mine on time and won't settle for anything else. I can shower you with gifts and money, but I expect you to do the same," she spoke with a sense of eagerness as she wrapped her fingers together in hope that Mako would agree. He turned a head up to her, no showing any real emotion, and let the words flow from his lips, "I don't know who you think I am, or how I work, but you have me all wrong. No amount of money could earn my trust or respect. But you expect me to excel you without any problems? I don't do that, you can find somewhere else."

Mako stood up to walk away as he could feel the woman follwing behind him, still trying to voice her opinion. She was right back up to his shoulder saying, "Are you serious right now? I just told you can get the job done and you won't even give me the same respect in return? That's fine, because someone will take me up on my offer, you can bet your ass on that. I DON'T NEED YOU, STUPID FUCKER!"

On that note, the crazed woman turned around and started to walk in the other direction. Simple matter still stood that he didn't need her or what she considered her 'conditions'. You could be one of the most wealthy people, you could had a sniper rifle attached to your arm, or even have a family bloodline that make some of the other drool over you... but not me. None of those things matter at the end of the day, trust does. You can have your jewels, guns, and greed. I'll be happy with those who want to be with me and for the right reasons.

Mako thought that the rest of the walk home would be time to reflect, until he passed by a local bar in Chicago and was met up by an old friend. Mako's father had written about the person and their bloodline flourished, no doubt about that. Their friendship had formed from their fathers' stories, and it had never bothered Mako to have a conversation with the man. So they laughed, drank from a flask, and talked of the good and bad times. They then started to talk about drugs, women, and all the alcohol they wish they'd bought to hold them over for a rainy day. His father was well known, but this man didn't follow into the footsteps of organized crime yet, even though he knew that Mako had the Illuminati involved with the mafia.

Then the conversation went in a turn that Mako didn't expect from someone that he looked at as a pal of his. He began to sound like the others who kept trying to sway his influence. 'Some friend', Mako thought when he heard the topic come up.

"Well, I can't lie, I'm interested in helping you and the Illuminati. I can bring in everything you will need for when you take on the Godfather, because lets face it, he doesn't stand a chance up against you. However, you're going to need money, people, guns, and everything it takes to get in that position. I'm interested in helping you, but I want to pick up where my father left off. I'd like to set up under you in The Loop whenever you become Godfather. You know I'll work hard and do everything I can." He spoke without a care in the world and was upfront.

"Sooo, basically... you want auth? You're a fucking thug and not even in my family, and you're going to try and persuade me to give you your bold badge back just like your father? Well... that's bullshit. You're wanting me to judge you based off your fathers merits. A fucking thug of all people," Mako said with disgust on his face. It was one thing for someone he expected to ask this of him, but now it had came down to those that he considered he didn't expect it from.

"I'm being straight up with you. I'm trying to do what is best for me and my friends, just like you--...."

This time Mako cut the man off before he could finish his sentence. He gritted his teeth before firing back with, "This isn't about you. The hard truth of it is that it's about ME. Your people are not my people. You're wanting me to shoot you up the line in front of everyone who has given their all for the Illuminati? Fat fucking chance of that. I don't know why I should promise you anything."

"Because I can give you anything and everything you want. You need people under you, I can do that. You need money, I can do that. I thought we were friends enough for me to ask this of you? Do you think I won't work hard for it?" His voice gave a haunting ring to it as he kept trying to insist that he was the best man for the job. Mako had some other suggestions he figured he would toss in the direction of the man that he considered his bud. He knew who his real friends were, and they weren't the ones at his front doorstep asking him for something every time he turned a cheek.

"Go find someone else who will put up with your shit. I'm not putting you before the twenty four people that are with me now. Not now. Not ever. I won't push you to the front of the line. Those with me have showed me why they want to be with me, and they stand their ground with me. ME. Not you, but fucking me. Words are wind. Prove it to me, or shut the fuck up." This time Mako wasn't being nice to his friend, or walking light on his words. It pissed him off even more when the man shrugged it off without another word and continued to take his babbling to the next man who would listen to him.

Enough of this shit, Mako thought. He felt he should've been used to it by now, but it was spreading like a cancerous disease.

People need to learn how to quit asking for things, it makes you like a tacky fucking idiot. Make it worth, prove your loyalty and open my eyes to why you're supposed to be the hottest piece of shit amongst us. I've never asked for anything within that manner in my life, and maybe some of you need follow my lead on that. Work your ass off. Gain trust. Make it unquestionable or else it will continue to be questioned. Don't just talk about it, be about it. And never ask me to put you before those who have been with me the whole time... it's offensive. Learn to quit asking me for special needs, because that's not what I'm here for. If you had to question me, I'm glad I didn't make the extra plate for you at the table in the headquarters.

To sum it all up: Know your place.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Cowering in fear knowing the beating he would receive if he didn't choose his words wisely, lronSight sat and listened to the self-proclaimed tyrant speak.

"Mr. Tyrant, sir. I just wanted to ask a question... if you don't mind, of course."

lronSight gulped waiting for a response and flinched a little when their was no response for about 5 seconds.

"I think I got the point of the message, but could it maybe be worded a bit differently for the punch line? I mean you don't mean to imply that we who aren't in some position are stuck where we are, do you? Maybe something like 'trust comes first and is earned, never bought or given'? Also please don't beat me or take away my food privileges..."

lronSight slowly backed away fearing the backhand and waiting for a response.

Report Post Tip

Mako turns to lronSight hand give him a soft pat on the back.

"No need to be afraid, my friend. They can't hurt you now."

He straightened up and took out a flask from his back pocket. Turning up and downing some liquor first, Mako gave a nod to his member.

"I can't really argue with that. Perhaps the punch line was a little broad, but it got your attention to listen to the whole story I hope? That was my main goal for people who just tried to easedrop until the end. There's a message to be taken from the story I've told, and I think people need to heed my words.

What has really ticked me off is people asked to come before my members who have fought in the long road for me. Like yourself for example, lronSight. You've pulled your weight, earned my trust, and that's why the whispers in the wind know that you're a Capo within my family. Have you ever questioned me for that or pushed me, tried to make favors for me to give you that rank within the Loop? Fuck no. You've earned that badge with ME. The fact that some thug can can persuade me to come in and pass you... to have my word on it?  To act like I can be bought with money and members. You've done more than that for me, you've earned my trust and respect without taking that road.

And I'm not saying that people can't come in and shine. However, I don't want to hear about it. I don't want you asking me if I'm going to automatically give you ranks as they come and I don't want to hear about being authed. Especially when you're not in my family. A thug asking a Don for favors in return of special needs. There's always room that people can work their way up the ladder, but buying me and promising me things such as that aren't going to work. Hard work and showing me your loyalty means more than jewels to me.

Where is the respect and the dignity is some people? Earn it, don't ask for it or make me promise that it's going to happen before I've sent out the postman to give you the Illuminati invite. That's not how I work. How are you going to be a thug... unsponsored... and ask me to auth you within my fine district? What happened to the people who never asked for those things? I've never asked for it and neither have my fathers, and I think we've done perfectly fine for ourselves. I won't be persuaded into giving out promotions automatically. There comes certain requirements with that, and sometimes it's more than just money. In fact, it's something you cant even see... It's the sense of knowing that person is loyal to me. Showing it to me in more than numbers and words. Not joining me for favors, but instead, the want to be here."

Mako then shot a look over to lronSight.

"Except you... Didn't I leave you chained up in the basement? What the hell are you doing out of your hole?"

Report Post Tip

Cowering in fear again with twice the trembling after being tricked into thinking he was off the hook, lronSight gulped and said,

"I just came out to hear your great words of wisdom... and to get my watch fixed, Mr. Tyrant, sir. Please, it won't happen again, I'll get my watch fixed and then return post-haste."

Stumbling as he tried to bow while sprinting in the opposite direction towards the watch repairman's shop lronSight trips and falls face first in a puddle breaking his glasses. Cursing his misfortune he grabs them and continues running as quickly as he can.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Random Musings of A Madman
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL