Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:07:01
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Road to Paradise! Started by: JohnnyNoname on May 16, '14 07:06

Yes kids, I hope you realize.

I suggest you spend your time in Paradise sat around a campfire toasting marshmallows, and perhaps frolicking in a lake somewhere an making daisy chains in the name of peace. Because ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE.

But, on a serious note, congratulations to all on taking up this opportunity. 

Kittyhawk and Sydney, I especially look forward to seeing what you two bring to the district as leaders and I hope you both do amazingly.

Report Post Tip

Replay pulls up a log to the campfire.

In all honesty, I hope that everyone can get along and bring some prosperity both to the district and to the city. I look forward to working with everyone that is taking part. 

Report Post Tip

This is an interesting concept, and I can't wait to hopefully see everyone work together.  I believe this can be very successful!

Qui-Gon looks around at the crowd and see that many people support the idea.

Good luck to the five of you! 

Report Post Tip

Just one question. What of outside influences and support from where these come from?

Is that allowed?

Report Post Tip

Why wdn't u support sm1 of ur actual crew?

Good luck Replay :)

Report Post Tip

I'm looking forward to working with and getting to know you all. Thank you JohnnyNoname for this opportunity!

Report Post Tip

Its good to see the names announced for Paradise and I cant wait see this start on 28th. I wish you all the best of luck and hope this experiment works out pretty well.  As I said earlier its good to see a change and something different no blood shed for 30 days so if any problems you will just have to sort it out and carry on your business and get along. 

Report Post Tip

Buscetta walks back and forth while taking a draft from his cigar.

I think this is a very good initiative. Giving the eager people a chance to make a name for themselves and evolve.
Reminds me of the situation in NY a year a go when we had a voting competition to fill in the NY districts. Only different this time but with the same goal to fill a city/district.

I wish all people the best and strength!

Especially Replay.

Continues to walk back and forth..

Report Post Tip

Personally i like the this idea.

as for it being similar to the Brooklyn competition, not in the slightest. I should know. The Brooklyn Competition was so much more stricter and there was little to nothing we could do politically outside the district, save maybe a bit of damage control and a few questions here and there, with the Godfather council. We were completely cut off and on our own. No allies, no help, no guidance. was more or less, a Dog Eat Dog World in Brooklyn then. Though yes, it does have some similarities, it is different from the Brooklyn competition. 

Thorin winks at TheSpaniard wherever he is and continues

so JohnnyNoName, the question i have is this, is the Paradise competition going to go anything like i just described?

Report Post Tip

Buscettas more comparing it to the failed S.I. competition which ended with too many godfathers protecting people and the eventual district head partially having to move due to this.

Report Post Tip

Listening to Godfather, Johnnynoname, I listen for anyone I know-- not knowing any of these players for the new competition. I am intrigued all the same at how this will play out in the end, as the fate of Paradise, LV is in these 5 peoples hands. I do hope they all do well. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

Report Post Tip

SubMerge listens in to the speech laying out the rules of the contest, and to the opinions of the onlookers.

I don't know why maybe it's the new opportunities or maybe it's a need to route for the underdog but I love this idea and I can't wait to see how it plays out.  The Neon is nice but I'm Hopeful for a different kind of bright future in Paradise.

Report Post Tip

Regarding ur worries for rules of support, I am pretty sure the GFC will have a discussion about that. What about support limited and authorized only to and from non-higher structures? And rules on punishing that rule? 

Report Post Tip

I'm not entirely certain, I would imagine for people to use there common sense though.

I would assume you could help your friends in the experiment financially but I don't think helping them in the conventional ways would work. (e.g shooting someone for them. you'd die.)

Report Post Tip

I love this Idea to once again see someone display their dominance  to become GF..

This should be interesting. Good luck to all the contestants 

Report Post Tip

JohnnyNoname steps out of his headquarters and gets into his cab, making his way down to City Hall.

He steps out of the cab and ran up the stairs and looked out among the people.

"The Paradise peace period will end Jun 27 00:00."

Running off the steps and getting into the cab, Johnny rode back towards his headquarters. 

Report Post Tip
Though Ras was in a particularly foul mood this evening, he tried to not let it cloud his thoughts. His good friend and mentor Johnny had just made an important announcement, though he assumed everyone who cared already knew when the grace period was ending. Nonetheless, he lit a cigar and stepped up.

"Although the official 'peace period', or grace time if you will, is shortly ending in Paradise, I for one sincerely hope that the crews residing there have found it within themselves to work with one another and continue to grow. Though it is blatantly obvious some of the folks there are having trouble recruiting, I think that with enough time that particular district could indeed turn into something grand."
Report Post Tip
* Bill walks outta his headquarters to see his brother King GOAT talking about the peace about to end.

" I for one have friends in the ranks over there from multiple crew and I believe all the leaders that are there are great enough leaders to work together and help the district grow into a great one. Good luck to everyone in that district"

*Bill flicks his cigar and hops into his car to go to the local speak easy
Report Post Tip

"May the odds be forever in your favor!" 

~grins~

Report Post Tip

is it safe to call this competition a failure? 2 familes and only 13 people total add that to the fact we had a rogue hide here for a month and then someone wanted to quit the comp as well, seems in the almost 2 full months surely we would want to see a bigger population in a city than 13 people

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Road to Paradise!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL