Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 08:29:33
Page:  1 
Fortuna Started by: -Draven- on May 21, '14 00:54

Draven held up a glass to her new GodFather Mako and took in a sip of the light bubbly substance. Wincing a bit, she slowly pulled the glass from her lips, and gave a light grin to Mako trying to pretend the light airy substance tickled her fancy.

"Draven.." Draven turned and saw Cassi scowling at her and pointed to the glass.

Grumbling slightly, but quickly giving a awfully fake smile, she gathered the cold glass back in her hands and took another sip. After feeling the liquid trickly across her taste buds she looked over at Mako  and swallowed hard.

Mako's laughter erupted as he shook his head. "Best champagne around and Draven can't stand it." His laughter echoed through the mass of people surrounding everyone and she shrugged. Drawing he hand up he motioned for her to follow him. "Cassi come with us."

"Damn it I had hoped not to piss Mako off or offend him on his night of becoming. le sigh." Draven's words echoed through her head as slowly she lowered her head and trudged after them. "Mako I'm..." His sudden stop after making his way into the HQ made her words catch in her throat.

"Cassi open the door." GodFather Mako pointed to a locked door and Draven drew in a long breath as she heard the click of the key. A sly smile drew upon Cassi's lips as she slowly opened the door, and then walked into the darkness.

With a small tug Mako had grabbed Draven's shirt sleeve and tugged her in the dark room. Stumbling and scurring about she tried to grasp at anything around to not loose her balance. "Shit.." She cried out as she couldn't catch herself and fell onto her knees. As she started to get up she felt a light hand on her shoulder and she stopped and stood still. 

"Look I didn't mean to not like the beverage.. It's just not my cup of tea, and I didn't mean to offend you. I really tried to." Her words were fast babbles like a brook running from something.

"Shut up Draven!" She haulted her lips from opening any further as she heard a heavy wooden object be drug across the floor and the light clink of what seemed to be glasses.

Suddenly a flood of lights caused Draven to wince and fall further back as she fought the pain of the sudden light. Cassi's giggles filled the air and suddenly Draven was very confused.

Getting acclimated to the surge of brightness she noticed a small table in front of her that was set with a bottle of red wine and a small number of glass.

"umm...." Draven looked confused as she sat up a bit higher on her knees.

"You see Draven.. I need something. I know you have always done everything I asked or have needed. A simple message and you are there, I say jump and you jump, anything I have ever said you have done gladly and without question." Godfather Mako grasped the bottle of red wine and poured some into each of the glasses, and then handed one of the glasses to Draven and then one to Cassi.

"Lead." His words made her eyes wide as she questioned if she really heard what she thought she did.

"Excuse." Draven's words fell meekly off her tongue.

"Draven, I can only take a few with me where I am going and the rest need someone I trust. Lead them." He took a sip of the warm crimson liquid and then shot Cassi a small smile as she too took a sip of the wine.

"I couldn't refuse Godfather nor would I ever want to. Thank you!" She raised her glass to him as she slowly stood up and a look of gratitude over came her face.  "Lead.." his words lingered in her ears as she noticed Tension, Manu and Underwood slip from behind the shadows were they hid.

"And one more thing Draven. Make her your own." Mako watched as she pursed her lips and thought for a moment.

Holding her glass to each of them she finally smiled and let the words Fortuna rolls off her tongue.

Report Post Tip

KOTH walks over to Draven. He smiles to her and gives her a hug

Congrats Draven, you worked hard for the Loop. And for Mako himself. Im proud to be working for you guys.

KOTH raises his half empty cup from before

SALUTE Draven. I know you will do your hardest!

KOTH looks around, seeing the mass. He smiles.

The Loop is booming today. And its just getting started.

Report Post Tip

Frank stood with Tension and Manu, bidding their time in the shadows while Mako privately coronated Draven. Frank took in this rare opportunity to enjoy the decor of Mako's beautiful home. He was enraptured by oil canvas painting capturing the bloody conclusion of a duel. The brass label plate below the painting read: "The Duel After the Masquerade, J-L Gérôme" As he continued to stare at the painting, he could almost feel the bite of winter on his face and taste the metallic savor of blood in the air. The dying duelist looked up at Frank and his somber silently offered his dying regrets.

Tension patted Frank's shoulder. "It's time to go in." Frank was back to reality. He glanced once more at the painting and followed Tension and Manu as they walked in to join Mako, Cassi, Draven and other familiar faces.

"Miss Draven, my, you look stunning this evening. Congratulations! This lowly House Majority Whip looks forward to what the future holds." Frank leans in and kisses her hand. "Fortuna."

Report Post Tip

Monty greets Draven with a bottle of his finest wine.

"Congrats Draven. I'd like to see The Loop flourish and prosper with you taking over your own HQ. I'm almost certain you'll do a fine job. Good luck with your future endeavors and achievements."

Report Post Tip

lronSight blindly staggered his way over to the celebration from Mako's celebration without his glasses. He was still in a lot of pain and reminded of that every time he tried to sit down. Shortly after giving up on relaxing, lronSight gets up, walks across the room and hands          -Draven- a shoddily crafted plate.

"I'd like to think you'd use this plate for Tuna."

lronSight notices the crowd was not amused,

"They can't all be good puns people. I'm only given about an hour a day of free time in the sunlight so it's difficult for me to think of anything better."

lronSight turns to Tension,

"I wish you the best of luck -Draven-, you're a wonderful woman and Mako couldn't have picked a better captain."

lronSight quickly shakes Tension's hand,

"Odd for a woman to have such hairy hands, but it's nice to think you'd be able to use a woman's or man's touch when needed. Now I must be off, I can't find my glasses and I believe Mako is growing impatient waiting for me to return to the HQ."

lronSight kisses Tension on the cheek, turns to -Draven-, and says

"Don't mess this up for her, I've got my eye on you man!"

lronSight points angrily at -Draven- for a moment, then turns to leave, bumping into every chair and table along the way.

Report Post Tip

Yusuke clears his throat before walking to find Draven. Looking around the crowd he finds Draven surrounded with friends and family members celebrating. Yusuke gently taps on her shoulder and smiles, tipping his hat to show respect.

Congratulations Draven! Mako made a great choice in having you in a bold suit. Our ancestors have worked with each other in the past and from what I've read in journals it's only ever been of good things. I wish you and your family the best of luck in setting up and again congrats!

Shaking her hand Yusuke joins in with the others to celebrate with some drinking and stories of the olden days.

Report Post Tip

What can i say my dear friend, my bloodline has always enjoyed working with yours and i am sure the time ahead with be further evidence of this.  I wish you the best of luck stepping up to this challenge and wish you the biggest congratulations on this accolade.

I will enjoy watching you attempt to expand both district and cities grasp on crime, and look forward to it.

Walking away she sipped from her flask as she wandered into the night

Report Post Tip

bina is still smiling even though it was some time ago this was announced. She hadn't had the time yet but decided it was time to push off a few meetings as she would like to call it. 

Congratz -Draven-! Hopefully it will last longer this time around. I know you'll do great!

Report Post Tip

Draven, yay. 

Goes to pet Willow.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fortuna
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL