Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 19:45:23
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
INPUT NEEDED: Soooo new server time! Started by: Squishy on May 21, '14 19:46

And what if you die? Because that just seems to be a way to make people die faster.

And when we have a day where we make people die faster but we let them come back and try an hour again... we call that Vday!

Report Post Tip

i agree with all of the above as a war thing. on a side note will the new server load faster n now that the cdn blah blah on it just asking for  a tech purpose

Report Post Tip

i agree with all of the above as a war thing. on a side note will the new server load faster n now that the cdn blah blah on it just asking for  a tech purpose

The new servers are mountains faster, however, that doesnt translate into faster page loads on the same scale.

Basically, the pages will be generated a little faster, but, it can handle a lot more load.  We could have a site war, 800 people on the 60 second list, with 10,000 tylers running around, and it wont even blink an eye at it.  We also wont be overwhelmed when it comes to back up time, so the game wont go down every 4 hours.

Report Post Tip

so the game wont go down every 4 hours.

Oh thank heavens!

Report Post Tip

id love to be in on the 2xp event, or hell even normal xp with half time timers kinda like battista suggested, war wouldnt really help test the servers

Report Post Tip

I think battistas suggestion of reduced timers makes the most sense. Though you do need to arraange witha couple people to have them test wacking versus actual Players (without real death of course),  which is one of the least likely tro be tested.

Report Post Tip

Personally can't see how a mock war would be of much benefit in terms of testing an average day's play. During times of war I would guess everything non-essential is effectively not used whilst people concentrate on completing their tasks, or in some cases, shoot irrelevant people rather than the target they've been assigned.

Halving the timers (and the reward) seems like a good way to stress test a normal day as it'll effectively give you two for the price of one.

Report Post Tip

Refreshing hours on end, PAIN, doesn't stress the server?
Have you experienced a large scale war, or a very good rogue?

During the may war, the site was INCREDIBLY laggy when there were 40-50 people refreshing constantly, hundreds online. etc.

A mock war would attract a lot, but as others said, it'd only be "fun" for the big guns.

Report Post Tip

and itd only focus on one aspect of the stress test as opposed to all aspects, i think they should do mock kill's as well targets that give no bonus to guns like a durden spawn for example combined with half timers

Report Post Tip

How about doing something like a mini version of a new district NPC spawn instead?  Granted getting each active city to agree on this is a whole other story... but it would test a lot of aspects.  Wacks, BG wacking, fort attacks, fort repairs, people do a lot of OCs, flying between districts, petties, jails... and the like. So it isn't as damaging, perhaps cut the shot timers in half?

...just a random thought before going to bed.

Or perhaps hold an event more in-line with the Halloween event, where jail busting was required to get the targets?

...okay, I am going to bed now, I swear. :P

Report Post Tip

make spawning jails free for the day

reset mia count, and make them free to spawn for test(as will help even the lowest of ranks as opposed to risk of  durdens/war)

increase % of perking accross perkable features

random reward for helping test by using the alt server, even if just a few 3 day perks

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: INPUT NEEDED: Soooo new server time!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL