Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 11:42:11
Page:  1 
The Streets Aren't Dead Started by: lronSight on May 23, '14 21:06

lronSight had recently been wandering the streets and began to wonder about all the bickering he'd been hearing, he sat down looked at his watch and decided he had time to give something a shot,

All I hear is the streets are dead,

What are the streets?

A representation of the creativity in your head.

You sit and you wonder without a fucking clue,

"This you used to work," "Things were better back then"

The real fucking problem is you.

Stop blaming each other, and open a book.

Find your inspiration from somewhere else,

to give the streets a brand new look.

"You're just an attention whore"

the lot of you not that long ago used to say,

but now that they're dead again... who's gonna save the day?

It won't be me, one told to stay away.

It'll have to be one of you,

A man or woman who finally does something creative to break through the fray.

I've heard elsewhere that poetry is dead,

they say it like no one wants it,

but the first moment someone really shines with it,

A group is connected or inspired without much being said.

It's the medium I've chosen instead of questioning rants for you today,

How did it sound?

Never mind, I'd rather you not say.

Just let me go back to watching you all mentally fading away.

"I realize it's not very good, but I figure that's about all the effort I have right now. Good day, all."

lronSight then blindly stumbles back home, having still not found his glasses.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip
Yes it is.
Report Post Tip

Badasss is sitting on the hood of a nearby old car sipping on some coffee when he notices a familiar face take a stand on-top of an old banana crate and clears his throat 

All I hear is the streets are dead,

What are the streets?

A representation of the creativity in your head.

You sit and you wonder without a fucking clue,

"This you used to work," "Things were better back then"

The real fucking problem is you.

Stop blaming each other, and open a book.

Find your inspiration from somewhere else,

to give the streets a brand new look.

"You're just an attention whore"

the lot of you not that long ago used to say,

but now that they're dead again... who's gonna save the day?

It won't be me, one told to stay away.

It'll have to be one of you,

A man or woman who finally does something creative to break through the fray.

I've heard elsewhere that poetry is dead,

they say it like no one wants it,

but the first moment someone really shines with it,

A group is connected or inspired without much being said.

It's the medium I've chosen instead of questioning rants for you today,

How did it sound?

Never mind, I'd rather you not say.

Just let me go back to watching you all mentally fading away.

Badasss finishes his cup of coffee overhearing the nice little poem his friend states, he ponders what he heard such meaning to the words. Thinking to himself he understands what IronSight is implying and agrees.

All to often people come out bitching about this and that, and the streets are dead and blah blah blah, but those same people complaining... rarely if ever, lift a finger to do their part to try and do something to fix the problems that they are complaining about.

Report Post Tip

It seemed wherever Tepid had stepped out into the street, it was always about bickering, though he didn't like it, he enjoyed having his little comments heard, just for those few seconds, people laughed rather than argued... Have to start somewhere right? Someone Tepid had recently bumped into was speaking this time, he decided to give him time. A moment passes and a poem is read out loud, such a beautiful poem, if he was gay or a woman, it would have bought a tear to his eye. Without sounding too sarcastic as sometimes he often comes across that way without meaning too, he says a few words.

"That poem said all it needed to say on it's own my friend, my hat is off to you."

For once he was actually respectful, what the fuck is going on with himself he wondered? Oh well, time to go find some whore and take her to a back alley, he feels a little dry. Off he went with a smile.

Report Post Tip

SubMerge lights a cigar blows the dust off his car door.  Pulls the door open and takes a seat and pulls out into traffic without even looking.

The Streets have always been dead it's not much different.  Couple people make a huge difference if given a chance.

A lot of the problem is sometimes people would rather bitch about a persons speech impediment or accent (ooc punctuation ect)  rather then take notice at the subject matter being brought to the streets.  It's just not worth the abuse for some people.

Report Post Tip

lronSight returned to the street corner where he shared his freestyle poem with the world moments before SubMerge arrived. He watched as the man got into his car, pulled into traffic and caused a four car pile up. The man continued down the road appearing to be saying something to someone, not realizing no one else would hear him while he was driving away in a car... and ran a red light in front of a police officer. Before the officer could even get in his car a truck properly following the rules of the road T-boned the vehicle. lronSight saw no injuries on anyone involved in either accident, but immediately knew the fool was now out a car, probably getting a ticket, and going to have to pay for the damages to the other vehicle. lronSight simply shook his head and walked the other way.

(OOC: I don't appreciate whatever that driving bit to sell yourself as a hard ass in my thread was supposed to be, nor did I really touch on most of the things you spoke about but let me explain what you're clearly not understanding.

Criticism is a good thing. Criticism that isn't just an insult disguised as criticism should show you where you need to improve on for next time. Punctuation and grammar matter, even if someone wasn't raised speaking English it matters. If the reader is narrow minded enough to miss the message or is too lost in grammar/punctuation mistakes then it alters the message itself. One set can't be helped because some readers aren't actually looking to understand, the other can and you losing that part of an audience from something you can fix or get better at with practice is a bad thing. If you're going to make tangential comments in my thread, at least pick something that exists. That's why I made this response, because you claimed people are insulted for making grammar and punctuation errors. Shenanigans on that whole statement, pretty much the only people doing that nowadays are trolls, honestly there's maybe 2 members who would do that who aren't just trolls and I haven't seen either make a real account in years.

Finally, the streets aren't dead. Don't claim they are without proof. You just make yourself look like an asshole when you do in the eyes of anyone who's legitimately contributed before. If that was too rough, I'm happy to inform you I had to edit my message 17 fucking times, I'm not even kidding, 17 times making it less and less mean because my natural reaction to you just stating the counter without showing you read my work is extremely offensive to me and I doubt you were just trolling with that kind of wording.)

Report Post Tip

I don't believe the streets are dead but i do believe at stages they are misused and could be filled by more.  I do believe it as something that should be inspired in families whether by sponsors. universities, hands or leaders so the streets have a future.  I often see the challenge for VIP perks as people show a face and often find the same people here whether trolling, debating or offering congrats.

Am i gonna bitch about how someone anunciates, if they pause etc. no..  i know words can seem different in speech and is not like we are here writing essays. we are talking.  I often see people who's second or third language is english so understand the challenges and honestly feel if the trolls weren't so effective would see more people about especially if reinforced with rewards for non vips posting.

Report Post Tip

Sub never looked before pulling out of his spot because he never had to before. (Because you know! Like! It's so busy.)  On this day he was mistaken and a car approaching while he pulled out causeing a ugly accident.  SubMerge laughed to himself and continued on to see a grown man waving his arms in the air and spinning around yelling something.

I remember a group of Supreme Linguists who made it a point to correct a persons speech impediments.   All I am saying is if a person put's in an effort I can appreciate that.

As far as the "legitimately contributed" comment.  How silly of me, obviously you know everything about me and since you do my conversation here is done.

OOC: You can call it what you want. "Dead" seems to offend you so how about the "Same".  There's five hundred pages of proof in the last 7 years.  Do the math. 

Report Post Tip

(OOC: No, lol, just no. I just wanna be sure this is what you're trying to tell me. You were apparently once actually afraid of being criticized by someone for grammar and punctuation, and obviously still are as they're on your mind years after relevancy. You actually spoke about being afraid of someone correcting you on grammar and now you're trying to convince me you were at one point a quality street speaker... two things that obviously don't mix at all. And that the streets have been the same for 7 years, they haven't had vibrant stages and stages with barely anything for months? Because if you agree there has been changes in activity, then same doesn't fit. Maybe the same topics or types of conversations arise from time to time, but that doesn't make them the same at all. You and I are made of very similar proportions of elements from the periodic table of elements, that doesn't make us the same unless you're fixated on some absurdly unattached point of view where you're incapable of escaping the need to compare things to the universe as a whole. I'll do the math for you, there are massive variations in street life and it's always controlled by the creativity of the users, THAT WAS A MAIN POINT OF THE POEM YOU DIDN'T READ.)

lronSight turns to Lizzie,

"Exactly what does any of that have to do with my poem?"

Report Post Tip

(OOC: No, lol, just no. I just wanna be sure this is what you're trying to tell me. You were apparently once actually afraid of being criticized by someone for grammar and punctuation, and obviously still are as they're on your mind years after relevancy. You actually spoke about being afraid of someone correcting you on grammar

Really?  Where exactly did I do that?

Never mind.. I figure that's about all the effort I have right now.

now you're trying to convince me you were at one point a quality street speaker...

I really couldn't care less. but..I'm pretty sure I said you know everything about me. So why would I now need to convince you? If I was it would be about legitimately contributing though not quality.  It's hard to keep up with all the changes you're making.

And that the streets have been the same for 7 years, they haven't had vibrant stages and stages with barely anything for months? Because if you agree there has been changes in activity, then same doesn't fit. Maybe the same topics or types of conversations arise from time to time, but that doesn't make them the same at all. 

Kinda like this one?  Lets go with Same-Speed then since I wasn't saying the Variety.  To clarify so I don't have to do this again.  The NUMBER of people talking on the streets (posts per pay on the streets) is low but not much different now then it has been for years. AKA always have been dead. BY NUMBER!!

You and I are made of very similar proportions of elements from the periodic table of elements, that doesn't make us the same unless you're fixated on some absurdly unattached point of view where you're incapable of escaping the need to compare things to the universe as a whole. I'll do the math for you, there are massive variations in street life and it's always controlled by the creativity of the users

Seriously?  Did we have to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word twenty too?

Next time to spare myself from your rambling and because I really am done here now.  Ill just go troll with..

You're right It's not very good.

THAT WAS A MAIN POINT OF THE POEM YOU DIDN'T READ.

Really.  I thought it was for attention the whole time. My bad.

Report Post Tip

(OOC: I'm gonna keep assuming you're afraid of them so long as you pretend they're relevant. It's a stupid thought.

You picked on my assumption you're a terrible writer because you spoke without even touching the topic, clearly you care at some level. You wanna use either sets of words: "legitimately contributed" or "Street speaker" to prove your worth, go ahead. I'm waiting for any proof of anything. You're the one who said I don't know you, help me get to know you so I can be informed when I repeat it.

Being Dead means it once had life which means there was change and it's not a constant or the same, honestly, how stupid are you. Stop fussing over wording, the thing you said scares people away from writing. You have no clue what you're talking about because you don't write, you probably don't read the material (as demonstrated here when you went off on your own incorrectly interpreting what I was speaking about off of just the title.) and you don't even fucking understand what (OOC:) means because your follow RP had my character who didn't speak... speaking. When you enter an RP, the founder controls the environment in most situations and your original RP was of a moron driving a car recklessly and then speaking WHILE DRIVING AWAY MEANING NO ONE WOULD HEAR HIM, but no one can cause another to speak or act so I made the environment punish reckless driving.

And after all that, you finish claiming you won't come back... a fool's move, failing to recognize your misuse of the word "Same"... a seriously simple word that is rarely misused by people who weren't raised speaking this language, and if you actually thought I came here for attention and not to spread a message, why did you comment? The only answer to that, if you truly believe I was attention whoring, is because you're a pitiful spammer. Please... do go on with your fantastic logic, I await a response and a reason to troll an idiot filling the streets with spam who is quick to attack real writers with my arms as wide open as I can get them. I can't possibly welcome you any more. PLEASE DO COME BACK.

END NONSENSE WITH SUBMERGE, Following will be a message for anyone who actually read the poem)

lronSight turns to the rest of the crowd, those that spoke of the poem and those who didn't,

"I would like to clear one thing up for you all, I do greatly enjoy compliments on the poem, but I will not respond publicly because I generally like to keep responses to a minimum when discussing the actual piece so that someone can develop their own full opinions before having a discussion, so they aren't swayed by my own views or someone else's comments in the crowd. One person actually took it in a completely unexpected way and I can't wait to see the response/ speech that follows, this is exactly why I prefer bare minimum responses for discussions of this type. Thank you for sifting through the madness surrounding it."

Report Post Tip

It would seem my dear sweetest IronSight, that I have had a bit of an influence on you, poetically. Somehow perhaps I was able to get into your head... But where are you now? In the grey again? And do I get any credit? I love you IronSight.

Report Post Tip

lronSight sighs,

"My inspiration came from a few comments made by others not that long ago. I was not thinking of your piece, I've actually held the opinion I currently have of the street for all my life, and according to journals many of my ancestors did as well. My apologies, Ascanius, but this isn't my bloodline's first poem either, so I don't believe you had any influence at all. If anything related to this world it came from a poem by one of my ancestors who was reciting his poem while other men were insulting each others' mothers or something, but it more likely came from a vision (movie) that escapes me now."

Report Post Tip

It's okay. I still like you. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Streets Aren't Dead
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL