Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 00:51:26
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Streets' Speakers Are Dead. Started by: Maria on May 28, '14 13:33

Kal--El: As much as I acknowledge that in many cases such speeches may be counterproductive in many cases, I disagree with you here. I feel it is more useful to offer explanations as to why it has happened rather than simply decry that the streets are dead. This sort of approach offers a way forward in improving the situation rather than simply complaining about a situation and offering no explanation or solution.

"When you take the time to tell us why its dead, you're actually killing it more."

Not at all. I appreciate it is a certain irony, but this speech has brought about more activity than most other speeches in recent weeks. I think what this has proved is that people have different opinions as to how best to move forward and how best to increase activity on these streets. Of course, this is natural, and I would never expect everyone to agree on such a subject. But in my opinion this discussion has demonstrated three things. Firstly, that an appetite still exists for speaking on these streets. Otherwise we would have seen very little response to this speech. Second, most acknowledge that discussion has become stagnant, and this is something that needs to be solved. Third, that there is not consensus over how that should be achieved. In many respects I feel the latter may be a good thing: if there was consensus it would result in most speeches being very similar, bringing us back to square one.

My bloodline does not go far back enough to appreciate some of the 'great' street speakers. However I see no reason why, given a little effort, this cannot be a situation that develops in this world once more.

Report Post Tip
If long winded speeches where killing the streets, so many people wouldn't have shared his or her thoughts on the topic. If anything, these efforts further prove that the streets are not dead. Many of us have seen dead, dead to the point that we only saw tumbleweeds and that was about it.

There is life on these streets, it just needs a few more people to add to it, and we'll be back in an a ok situation once again.
Report Post Tip

My ginger brother from another mother, I never said anything was wrong with the content of this thread. I simply said that if someone is going to take the time and effort to do something like this, why not put the time and effort into doing something creative for the streets.

How many threads/post are there stating why the streets are dead? How many people come out and voice their opinion in them? How many people do something about it when they are done voicing their opinion? My point exactly. After this thread dies no one is going to step up to do anything about it. So if everyone knows the problem where's the brainstorming ideas for solutions?

Report Post Tip

I completly agree with Kal--El,if you get tired stand up,its very easy...

Report Post Tip

lronSight sighs,

"You dislike the piece, because of the subject. Let me ask you about your project, how many papers have we seen fail since our last decent one? What is new or different about that? I think there's more creativity and intrigue in original, creative pieces like this than things trying to recreate the past. Her bloodline is also one of many speakers who speak in bunches, so assuming this will be the end is foolish, but making comments of that nature might push her back into her reclusive nature. So yes, you dislike it because of the topic, but could you comment on the content and subjects discussed themselves?"

Report Post Tip

I still don't see where I said anything about not liking this thread. Can you show me where I said anything like that so far? That wasn't my "project" and all I was doing was helping out. A lot of people don't have the time to play extreme hours, nor do they have friends in high places willing to tell them what happened.

So like I said. Everyone knows the problems right? But has anyone got other people to sit down and throw together some ideas for a solution? No. So with that being said, I shall stop derailing this thread and continue life as The Handsome One.

Report Post Tip

"My apologies, it was just an assumption from the way you've worded things. Your words aren't exactly encouraging and you speak of reviving the streets while putting others down, at least that's the vibe I got from your words. My point is that you've backed an idea stolen from previous times while failing to give this one any due credit in my eyes, and maybe you should rethink your own words if you disagree. You're not supporting street activity talking like that, you're killing it while talking about promoting street activity. The bigger picture, support the few speakers you do have if you want the streets to grow. Maybe create a distraction or defend the ones you really like. Me, I'll be supporting original content because my personal belief is attempts to recreate the past with no other intent but recreating the past is hurting the streets. You don't have to agree and I expect many don't, that's just my stance."

"People have tried writing down reasons dozens of times, I don't remember reading in my journals of a single group ever doing as much as one of my ancestors did by himself. So let me tell you, writing down ideas for reviving or why things are wrong in a group doesn't work, it takes individual efforts. And threads going off the rails often inspire those involved or those observing, and other comments can still be directed towards the original content, so please go off the rails if you have something to say because legitimate thoughts are hard to come by these days. Way too much forced nonsense for VIP points and even if it's a derailed set of comments who knows what comment will inspire someone."

Report Post Tip

vixtra trust me they know all about your mails. they see EVERYTHING. mails aren't safe for REAL ISSUES either.

Report Post Tip

"vixtra trust me they know all about your mails. they see EVERYTHING. mails aren't safe for REAL ISSUES either."

Well, see, thats the thing I wouldn't care who read my mails as I won't say anything behind someones back I won't say to their face. There are things I remember from months ago, stories handed down in my bloodline and such where, well, things happened and a couple people have a bullet coming for it still. I dont go advertising I haven't forgot, and time has solved many of those problems for me but when it comes to payback I do remember whats happened and those scores will one day come to be settled. I don't have to take direct action against everyone who does something wrong usually if its big enough to effect me its pissed some other folks off too so all i have to do is sit back, grab popcorn and watch. If it doesn't eventually solve itself then I'll do something. That said, this being public I understand a degree of discretion is required for the sake of politics. I have said things to my familys leader for example that as far as I know will not pass beyond him and me. Thats trust and confidence, and those things are important but if someone came to me and said "Did you say <whatever"> my reply would be simple if I did, "Yeah, and heres what else I think about it". 

​You can either speak the truth because it is the truth (all be it respectfully as possible) or you can worry about what might happen for calling it like it is and mince words, talk behind others backs, and try to speak in hidden meanings. None of the last three getting anything really done. 

Report Post Tip
Demetrio was wandering down the streets of Chicago, when he found a group of people surrounding a young lady, he checks his watch and it seems like he still got plenty of time for his flight, so he decides to join the crowd and the conversation. he puts his cigarette off and sneaks his way into the crowd till he gets to the front where he finds a discussion being held among a group of people about the streets, he waits for his turns to join the conversation.

I humbly have to disagree with your interception about considering the streets dead, as they aren't living sentient creatures. But the word dead isn't only used for this. I've checked some very trusted dictionaries and "death" can also be used to describe non sentient creatures, we can say that Detroit is a dead city now, but does that make it a creature? A sentient one? Nope, it doesn't, but the city remains dead or hollow.

Demetrio lights himself another cigarette and takes a deep buff, before turning back to the lady

Talking about your ancestors journals you seem to have overlooked many great names and bloodlines who have walked down the streets and helped to achieve prosperity when it was least present. You even used the Kuklinski as an example for those who left great impact in the streets, when I have to disagree, last time my blood line walked these shores, his bloodline was nothing more than a joke people gathered around to laugh, not to make a meaningful debate.

Demetrio takes another drag off his cigarettes then proceeds with his speech.

I agree that nobody is mortal but the names of those who leave great impact on our lives are very much mortals, we never forget them, for what they did to the streets and what they did to our world in general.

After-all, we can't blame the crew leaders and those in bold for not participating significantly in the streets, our world is much bigger than a few names in bold. It falls on each and every single mafioso, to participate in refreshing these streets once again and make a use of their voice. We all should expect and accept criticism when we come out here to express our opinion. Personally I consider it a challenge to improve, not a stumbling block that would keep me afraid from participating.

Demetrio takes one last drag off his cigarette then throws it away and takes a side to continue listening to the on-going debate.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Streets' Speakers Are Dead.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL