Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 02:32:50
Page:  1 
Reminiscence Started by: Tamo on May 30, '14 01:05

reminiscence 

rɛmɪˈnɪs(ə)ns/
noun
  1. a story told about a past event remembered by the narrator.
  2. a characteristic of one thing that is suggestive of another.

Treading carefully on the street, Tamo remembers the days gone by. Slowly, he begins to weave and form his thoughts, his words, his history and present into a short poem - A haiku

From abroad I hail

Been here before, 3 years ago

But Amnesia strikes

Eyes welling up in tears, Tamo realises he will probably never remember what happened here on the shores of America when he came here last. He doesn't know why he doesn't know. He remembers flashes. A mistake was made. He was being hunted. He knew there would be only one escape -- But if he let his family help it would not be a real escape - He would be dug in a shallow grave. He had to do something selfish - He faked his own death, left America and went home. Something happened along the way, 3 years passed and all his possessions had long since been fenced.

Tamo stands on a knocked over oil drum used during the night to light fires.

"Attention Street! I have a proposition for you. You've never heard of me, but let us weave together our blood and histories to form a poem. A poem made by the street, a poem made by the collective, alive mind of the street! Pull up a chair, take out that pen and paper and remember what you have done! We will create the Street's first Renga!"

Tamo takes out a poster and hastily scribbles on:

STREET RENGA

To create a renga, one poet writes the first stanza, which is 3 lines long in the format 5, 7, 5 syllables. The next poet adds the second stanza, a couplet with seven syllables per line. The third stanza repeats the structure of the first and the fourth repeats the second and so on. 1st 3rd 5th etc stanza tend not to rhyme while 2nd 4th 6th etc do.

"They made a lot of these in my homeland. I want you to help. I will select the best ones and weave them into the poem. The poem will end when I feel the flow is right, and the time is right. If you do not mind, I will begin."

Welcome to the Street

Here happen the Happenings

Histories Weaved here.

Tamo sits on the barrel and waits patiently for someone - anyone....

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Reminiscence
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL