Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 19:54:45
Page:  1 
Detroit wipe? Started by: Kal--El on Jun 08, '14 22:05

I was walking around today just minding my business. Being handsome, talking with friends, being handsome some more. Things just didn't seem the same. Not because the streets were "dead". Not because people were confronting others about "tags". Not because Replay got herpes from Troy-Tiberius when they were rehearsing their play for Broke Back Mountain. No. It felt "empty". So I decided to stand up on this soap box. I felt sorry for the person who was dropping the soap that came in this box. Maybe it was Paper-Scissors man. Maybe he was doing it on purpose. Go easy on him bubba.

I know the higher ups aren't entitled to tell us anything but are we ever going to find out why it happened? Wiping an entire city like that has affected the game in a major way. I'm pretty sure everyone has seen the decline in OCs. Right or wrong? So I'm all ears even if it's a one sided story. And no, GF Desmand's diary entry does not count. It doesn't tell us why.

Report Post Tip
They're still busy discussing tea and biscuits. Priorities man, they have priorities.
Report Post Tip

I've always been a little grumpy that the winners don't come out and explain - until recently I realized... with the ability to mail dead accounts and the new accounts receiving the mail - how come your dead leader who normally knows what went down doesn't follow up?

The winners don't owe you an explanation, but I feel your previous leader that you worked for and died for sort of owes you his side of the events that went down?

Report Post Tip

From the looks of how things ended the dead leaders from DT wouldn't probably answer so they could keep anonymity of their new kin. That is if they're playing still.

Report Post Tip
"Playing"
"Game"

Ras sighed deeply as he rubbed slow circles upon his temples. He'd never understand what was so fucking difficult about differentiating a game and the very real lifestyle that we all choose to live as mobsters. Putting it to the back of his mind for now, Ras approached Kal with a grimace upon his face.

Well first off I'd like to register my shock that a SPEECH (see what I did there? Not thread...it's a fucking speech) of this topic hasn't already been had. Normally it only takes about a day for someone to complain that no explanation was given.

Secondly, I'd like to just say that if the current regime were going to come out with an explanation, it'd probably be done by now. Any which way you look at it, Detroit is (once again) dead, and I for one think that everyone who has no idea why...should probably be kept out of the loop anyway.
Report Post Tip

Yea sorry about that. This is the first time I've played anything with a "streets" feature so I'm still struggling to get it down. I'm used to it being just the forums with like 0 RP and people not caring about it, so I keep slipping up.

Maybe you're right but I don't see why not try. I remember when the N4G thing happen they came out and touched on it. I, along with other people, would at least like to know why it happened. Like I said they aren't entitled but I don't see why not try and find out. This had a huge impact on the game and following "tradition" I guess its pretty traditional to touch on it a little.

Report Post Tip

In a strange kind of way, I applaud Kal--El to have the balls to come out on the forums and ask for a reason why. Although I understand that Kal--El needs to be put straight on what he has typed and the way he he has typed things, I don't think the tough love approach is really needed. People make mistakes with regards to the forums, he's by no means the first, and by no means will be the last.

Anyway, this is OOC now, yes? I can type in a different grammatical way now, yes? Great.

Kal--El, although this is site can be at times, loosely role played (basically meaning that superman and a man named after a dog noise would not feature in 1930s mafia), there are certain things that are definitely kept in check. If you were lucky enough, had enough pulling power to do so, or were directly involved, then you would know the explanation as to what happened to Detroit and why, just like you would if it were to happen within the confinements of the 1930s mafia world. If not, then it is up to the higher echelons involved to tell the general public. It is an option, not a requirement, for the leaders to do so. If they choose not to, then you will simply have to live with it.

Perhaps next time it might be best to ask your family. If they do not know, or refuse to answer, then it is probably best not to come out here and demand answers.

I hope this has helped you.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I don't want to harp on about the good ol' days, but I really do miss war speeches. They can genuinely elevate characters & have a great impact on their public persona. When I returned after a long break, I was shocked that it's no longer the norm & seen as some kind of gift. Nowadays, I rarely see a demand for answers in The Streets from those who fell. So much is discussed behind closed doors - but it's something I've come to accept.

Report Post Tip

I think the war speeches are what the streets need after a war. The losers are dead so they can have a whine and a bitch about it all so it gives them an outlet and it keeps the streets busy. Which may seem pointless to most these days but to those who enjoy giving their opinions it's a nice treat. Not that anyone deserves or should have it but as I said, it's gives the streets a much needed boost.

Report Post Tip
Whats the point? We could give you all answers and you still wouldnt be happy. It would turn into the dead whining about dying to anyone who would listen.
Report Post Tip

Well Thorin people like to know why do they need an answer? No they dont but war speeches are where the most activity comes from Even a lame reason i find is better then None.

I remember the world waiting and waiting and waiting for an answer to why New York was leveled but it never came about possibly due to the fact that getting Jake to make an appearance in our world would have been like asking him to pull his own Teeth.

I for one like a reason even if its some Lame assed reason you spend the next 2 months laughing at with your friends it kinda takes the pain away from the loss of an account that you put alot of time effort and somtimes money into.

Report Post Tip
Visas if there are many people who put money into this game, myself included. Yet we all know the risks when doing that, as the reward only lasts while your account lives.

Dying sucks yes, but you have to realize that it is another part of this life we chose.

A wise man once said,

"Death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back."

The point is, people would be more willing to give their reasons if the general public didnt turn it into a bitch session.
Report Post Tip

Not All the public turns it into a bitching sessions i accept my death as a part of the life i choose but like many i like a good stroll down the streets after a war and listen to the shit storm that can erupt from such a speech.

The streets come to life dureing that time some of the best debates happen, Now the Detroit takedown for an example i Dont know the complete story but was i sad to see them gone? Not really i couldnt careless but would i like to see something? Hell yes just so i could park my Ass on a deck chair and listen to some back and forth.

Am i entitaled to know why? Nah not really but like most people here i am a nosey fucker and like some of the dirty little secrets that get bought to the streets after a war/takedown.

Take GodFathers Mako's reasoning For the Removable of Alabama and a few others that didnt turn into a waaaa waaaaa you killed my mum/Dad speech and was nice to know what went on even if i may be certain the Illuminati might have had a hand in there somewhere.

GodFather Mako came to the street said his piece It was refreshing and Well bought forth to the public he gets a big thumbs up from me.

Even if it dosent turn into a huge debate or bring forth more street activity its nice to see a war speech bought out there. 

Report Post Tip
Thats what i have always respected about you visas. You do have a point but you must admit, a select few people died in this takedown and the rest were given time to find homes. I think that is in part why there hasnt been any bitching in godfather mako's thread.

On that same note, in the detroit war, if you were tagged with a detroit crew, you were marked for death. I just think that if a thread was put out it would have been a bitch session which is probably why one was never posted. Albeit the back and forth is sometimes entertaining as you said and i usually just grab the popcorn and prop my feet.
Report Post Tip

Thank you Thorin that humbles me to hear that,  Yes i agree when a war erupts and it becomes a kill everything that moves if it dont move give it a push and shoot it anyway war that is when the most bitching appears. Also i agree that with the antics that was shown by the late GodFather Yobs and Snowy White it would have been better to not mention anything as to the reason behind it.

TBH all i could have seen there was a Huge Bitching session that could have gotten outta control much like a previous Detroit Takedown Did where the Gods removed the speech and erased the Memory of it from our little minds.

Again Thank you Thorin and i have enjoyed this little conversation.

Report Post Tip

Sorry but I am not reading all that all I got to say on this is let the dead rest in peace instead of trying over turn there graves by demanding/wanting justification. Shit happens we all move on, from that moment on it is up to the kin to struggle through and get back to business it is the way of the world, trust me I know I lost kin in the wipe out. And I don't know why but I am sure there is some good reason behind and if not it wont bring the dead back. So it doesn't matter why or what sparked it, it happened and now its over. Now it is time for the next of kin to move on find other families that make them stronger to get to where they want to be and if they cant handle the harsh reality of our world then let them get regular jobs and leave us be. Let praise go to the new leaders of Detroit and give high hopes that the next of kin can make our life's fun and PROFITABLE. Thank you for all that listened and good day.

Report Post Tip

Light you are one of many that lost there lives now while myself could not care less over the reasons to why it happened there part of me that has this urge to know some dirty little secret. Would not you next of kin sleep that little bit easy?

Being able to grasp that dirty secret of a Tid Bit like a child grasp there teddy bear at night?

I myself would so damn it somebody tell me just so i can sleep at night

Report Post Tip

Can I just add that before seeing the content of the original speech I assumed this was some kind of technique for wiping ones arse in Detroit.

Report Post Tip

My ass wiping techniques is known by one man, and one man only. Only I can keep my self so fresh and squeaky.

Anyways everyone feel free not to post here anymore. Let it die out because this isn't getting anywhere anytime soon.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Detroit wipe?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL