Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:42:05
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Conspiracy Crimes Started by: Mako on Jun 09, '14 01:46

I just want to make an observation here...

It amazes me the number of people who continue to breathe just because I respect my family leader and family enough not to endanger them. I wonder though, what happened to the days when the family(or even crew) leader held people responsible for what they said in the streets. There was a time, which even I can recall, when if someone came out and openly disrespected a higher rank they'd be taken out in back of the family bar and shot. I'm not pointing at anyone on either side of the discussion, I'm just saying it wasn't so bad when the family enforced a standard... Guess I better not catch an auth, i might insist my people think everything out before they come out here and trade insults and such.

Report Post Tip

lronSight scratches his head,

"I don't see a period like that in my journal entries... and they go back about five years. I see periods of TheDean and Deimne making comments most others would've been shot for making... same goes for Roman and Prem... as well as Phil_Steak and the leaders of the past year who followed. Could you be a bit more specific on the time frame? Also, if you don't want to point fingers then you don't really have any backing to your point and you're banking on people trusting you that certain comments go too far. It's a fine tactic banking on trust when you're trying to be conservative and avoid punishment, but there's a way to avoid offending the wrong person without being vague and having to count on people  trusting you."

"If you would prefer it if certain people stopped setting a bad example you should give a name and an explanation for what is going too far in your eyes. Just saying an individual or a vague, undefined group is going too far doesn't do anything, but if you come out with an opinion and reasoning behind it you can make this exact same point without fear of punishment and not being overly vague to the point it won't get anything productive done. You might have to do some follow up comments in a discussion about whether or not it's true... but I doubt that would be a huge issue if these types of words really got under your skin rather than the choice target for said words. Because I believe you're just upset someone was made fun of that you like, which I'm allowed to do, and that is the problem with vague statements that bank on trust. You leave things open to interpretation. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my interpretation."

Report Post Tip
I agree with Ironsight complely. If you have a problem with someone, say it to them directly. Don't beat around the bush or make vague comments. That is some chickenshit right there.
Report Post Tip

Hey now don't talk to the almighty Mako like that! He's doing the best he can with his room temperature IQ. I mean come on now, you wouldn't make fun of a mentally challenged child would you? I didn't think so.

Reply by: Heidnik at Jun 12, '14 03:57

I like that the complaint is about someone with room temperature IQ and so their best solution is to go rogue, which obviously showing how much greater your IQ is, i can only congratulate you, may you RIP as your higher than room temperature IQ kept you alive.

Reply by: Faceman at Jun 12, '14 07:35
  Tip

This right here, they are trading insults basically. I'm saying there were days, specifically back under Goodfella (and this may have been on dot org) when crew members were held to a standard and if you posted something like this he would have dealt with it in house and not allowed it to continue. As to what I personally plan, I'll be straight up and honest. I'm going to sit back, train, continue to rank up and build at some point a family where respect is a requirement. Are there problems at the top? Yes. Do I think the vday massacre and subsequent wipes of CHI and DET were the acts of cowards who were obsessed by maintaining their own place at the top, yes. Then again when you're at the top, its kinda your role along with diplomacy and running things to stay there as best you can. Am I going to pull out my now fairly well trained gun and start shooting at the people who i've seen make mistakes, no. Im going to sit back and watch them destroy themselves as it will sooner or later eventually happen. I dont need to do anything, its not hard to see the waves of discontent in the streets I honestly figure the problems at the top will sort themselves out. When I get to the top of this world, God willing I will work with those I can to improve things and actually put in writing what i would like to see from those below me. Those who are self centered and do not want a world based on respect and honor and loyalty will find themselves in the obits.

Is that plain enough for you?

-Vixy

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Then again when you're at the top, its kinda your role along with diplomacy and running things to stay there as best you can.

"To be fair, this statement is probably true about every leader but myself. I will die before I keep my mouth shut if I see something I deem seriously wrong because I won't settle for a shitty environment around me."

"As for calling take downs acts of cowardice, there are almost always stories most of the community will never hear of. There will always be people calling foul play as well. I'm not even certain which CH and DT take down you're speaking of though I'd assume you mean Ms. Worley and Yobssarg. If it is them, all I have to say is don't believe everything you read... from either side. They're both likely going to lie or spin something to make themselves sound better. I only know the reasoning for one of those myself and I'll say that one has a lot more than the majority will ever likely hear of."

"Next, don't speak of your gun publicly, it's very bad taste and your crew's Hit Squad Leader should probably inform you just how foolish it is to admit you have any kind of gun whatsoever."

"Waiting for others to destroy themselves might sound like a good idea... but are you really willing to wait for the process of self-destruction if you have a problem with the world around you? What kind of world would even be left by that point? Why do you think a gun is the only way to change things, anyways? The gun threatens individuals... the streets threaten empires. You can try to use the streets if you wish, of course don't expect someone like myself to let you have a grip over a weapon like that without challenge if you do choose that path."

"Another thought... why not work towards creating this vision you have? That's what I'm doing. Notice the increased street activity of late? I've been asked by multiple parties to avoid being in the streets as much as my bloodline is accustomed to being... but they're still way more active thanks to the help of my RHM and a friend from the district. And yes community at large, I'm taking credit for the increased street activity again. Get over it. There are obvious results again but I'm sure a few idiots will volunteer to inform me I had nothing to do with it again."

lronSight shakes his head and refocuses,

"Back to the main points... It's always easy to talk about improving things. A long time ago my bloodline was credited for doing that very thing by a very large portion of the population but it wasn't something I wanted to do. It was overwhelming just doing what I thought was right and doing things how I thought they should be done regardless of what was happening around me. Honestly, I'm not even sure it was worth it looking back on how quickly it faded away afterwards. If you have a problem with society, rebel. That doesn't require violence or a position or a take over, it just requires you refusing to submit to ideals you believe are wrong and living by your own. Complaining about the ideals of others without demonstrating your own does nothing. Maybe you have been working to fix our community, but I haven't heard of it. If you don't feel you have maybe you should look at the tools around you to figure out just what you actually can do, rather than dreaming of what you could do."

Report Post Tip

"Let me reply specifically to you Ironsight, as you seem to have put a descent amount of thought in to your post but ill have to do so in bits so please excuse me..."

I will die before I keep my mouth shut if I see something I deem seriously wrong because I won't settle for a shitty environment around me."

"This is how I feel as well, if you say something or stupid enough in these streets I'm going to want to put a bullet in you. Now why do I not do this? Is it fear for my own life? No, its honestly not, I understand what I do has repercussions on my family and how my bloodlines future generations will be perceived. That however does not mean I dont keep good mental notes or do something later. These things happen on my clock, no one elses. 

"As for calling take downs acts of cowardice, there are almost always stories most of the community will never hear of. There will always be people calling foul play as well. I'm not even certain which CH and DT take down you're speaking of though I'd assume you mean Ms. Worley and Yobssarg. If it is them, all I have to say is don't believe everything you read... from either side. They're both likely going to lie or spin something to make themselves sound better. I only know the reasoning for one of those myself and I'll say that one has a lot more than the majority will ever likely hear of."

"I didn't want to cite specific examples, and the specifics in this case don't matter. Why? Its the same story coming from the same places and people told different ways time and time again. Those people aren't 'loyal' they simply have their little click at the top and its not too hard to see it when a Don or Consig has a thug/gangster/goomba as a RHM rather then someone who is made man or higher."

"Next, don't speak of your gun publicly, it's very bad taste and your crew's Hit Squad Leader should probably inform you just how foolish it is to admit you have any kind of gun whatsoever."

"We're going to disagree here, I know its been common practice for a long damn time to keep your stats in regards to this under wraps. Heres my thought on this though. No matter who you are, if you take a shot at me you have at LEAST a 1% chance to get Wackbacked, not counting my bodyguards, etc. Now theres a real good chance you'll drop me, but if you miss, I promise, I won't and even if i do someone in my bloodline down the road wont. I don't forget those who put my blood in the ground so anyone who wants to take that chance can balls up and roll the dice. Anyone who cant see how long I've been wondering these streets and do a little basic math on whats possible(and figure out an average) needs to go back to watching happy tree friends. It doesn't take a bright light to figure out if someone is active they are probably at LEAST prepared to defend themselves. I don't come out here and talk shit at all, I rarely sit foot in the streets but if someone wants to wack me because i have a gun, they know where the button is, so do I, im not scared.

"Another thought... why not work towards creating this vision you have?

What I do do is at least try to stay in touch with the people who have shown themselves to be honest, decent, loyal friends to me and mine since we sat foot upon these shores.

I do work toward this, every time I send a mobmail to a friend just to say hi. Every time I give away a few credits in credit codes just to be kind. Every time I come to these streets and do say my piece, I put thought in to it. In the mean time, I gain the experience and rank to one day hopefully step up, found a FAMILY(not a damned crew, there is a huge difference) and from there begin to build something to be proud of. Greatness in this thing of ours is not achieved overnight. Its not done by coming out here and telling everyone how right or wrong they are its done by building connections and watching and learning people then figuring out those who are worth having around and those who should be pickpocketing purses the rest of their bloodlines days. These things take time, but let me assure you should one day I get the chance to put things in motion properly no one in my family will be unaware of what is expected in their behavior out here in the community, nor will they be unaware of what the often too forgotten word Omerta means. FAMILY FIRST ALWAYS. Its about loyalty and respect. If you cant find LOYALTY and RESPECT in your own family you are the head of, dont expect to find it elsewhere."

Complaining about the ideals of others without demonstrating your own does nothing. Maybe you have been working to fix our community, but I haven't heard of it. If you don't feel you have maybe you should look at the tools around you to figure out just what you actually can do, rather than dreaming of what you could do."

"I wholeheartedly intend to start something great and fresh, those things take time. It sounds as if you have a descent head on your shoulders and may want something similar so maybe we'll work together some day. In the mean time, I'll be here saying the same thing in private I say to peoples faces and vice versa. I call it like I see it and if anyone doesn't like it, let them do something about it. The gun is rarely the answer, which is why I havent shot some of the more deserving people in need of a bullet however it doesn't mean if something goes too far i wont sacrifice myself for an ideal and that is exactly what we're discussing I think, when does one work within the system and when does one say "come on guys, its time to cut the head off the old beast and force some change". For now, and the foreseeable future as I wish to go further then the graveyard, my beast slaying days are on hold so to speak but it sure as hell doesn't mean i cant be pushed too far by something stupid and change my mind. I'd love to start a family one day but if thats not this life, this isnt the last of my bloodlines rodeo so now I go back to what ive been doing watching, waiting, and seeing who has the brass oones to stand up and change things by force as im gonna say right now anyway its not going to be me ive got longer term plans and i think in the end the peaceful path will be more fruitful."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Conspiracy Crimes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL