Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 15:41:52
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Group of Death Started by: FreddyGio on Jun 09, '14 20:00
You'd rather see City win another title, funded by oil money than England lifting the World Cup? The whole Premier League is a joke with the money and tv rights these days. The whole thing makes a mockery of football and how it used to be.

England may be frustrating, but that makes it even more sweet when they get to the finals. Granted 2012 was the worst I've ever seen them play, the problem is people expect them to be world beaters. QF, playing with passion and heart would do me. Anything more is a bonus.
Report Post Tip
Being a fan of American soccer/football, ill be estatic if they advance. I don't have night hopes, not bringing Landon Donovan along was a mistake.
Report Post Tip

That's what we need, some passion, not enough of it now. It's a jokr

Report Post Tip

Bye bye England

Report Post Tip

USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Post Tip

wonder how many people tried swapping costa rica from the sweep stakes and now glad they couldn't

Report Post Tip
England won't win.
Report Post Tip
USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! right you are -- Garrus_Vakarian
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

no England wont win because theyre out... are you even paying attention to the cup?

Report Post Tip

these made me laugh,i know it only hits one area of american fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmjIaAllSiU

http://www.footballtube.com/videos/proof-americans-know-nothing-about-football--controversial

Report Post Tip

its not as big here as it probably should be... the MLS is starting to take off tho, does it still have a long way to go? absolutely... for example, there are a number of professional leagues and teams yet, we don't have relegation which I think is a MUST HAVE if its ever going to take off here. Teams have no incentive to win and owners have no incentive to invest in their team. It is gearing up though and Americans are learning. We have rural areas where people still think slavery should be legal so obviously those areas aren't going to be real football oriented. Theres ALOT of conservative idiots in this country who pull back from anything European, yet theres a large population of people who embrace these things and want the MLS to be a competing league. NOT EVERYONE who lives in the US is an inbred moron... just most of them. LOL

Report Post Tip

yeah even in britain though footballs widespread has plenty of patches where football is not the sport of choice, is splits between everything from rugby union and league to hurling.  TV however eats up football to give it such coverage.  I honestly not sure it will go the relegation route, more the baseball, basketball and hockey style maybe?

Report Post Tip
It's America. Soccer is popular for a few weeks every 4 years. Until the money is there for our best athletes they will continue to play football, basketball, and baseball
Report Post Tip

MLS will never be NFL level, but if its lucky it can probably hit NHL tier of viewership. All it really needs to do is upgrade the MLS into a better format that works, build up the teams in the major cities (NY, LA, Chicago, etc;) with a lot of advertising and giving them great players to work with and then hope that the people in those cities buy into it. 

The biggest problem is that the MLS pretty much sucks, and very few Americans want to actually invest their time/money/emotions into a team from another country. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Group of Death
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL