Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:54:54
Page:  1 
Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It? Started by: Taegan on Jun 11, '14 22:59

Taegan was sitting in a local bar that many mafioso frequented. The cops tended to avoid this area as it was unsafe for them, but it was fairly safe for the men and women with suits. As long as they weren't here to cause trouble. Things were starting to get busy there at the bar, people were talking about deals, complaining about how things were going, or talking about their recent success.

She sat there sipping on a martini, she didn't like to start drinking wine until a little bit later, so a martini did the trick. Her eyes were scanning the crowd and when she felt there were enough people around, she tapped her glass, in an attempt to get the attention she was looking for. People slowly stopped their conversations and turned to look at her.

“I apologize for interrupting all of you wonderful people. I'm sure what you all were saying was very important. So I'll get to what I wanted to say.”

Taegan cleared her throat and brushed her hair behind her shoulders to lean forward on her table, looking into everyone's eyes and dared them to respond. Which she actually wanted.

“You know in this life, a lot stay quiet and some of us enjoy to talk. Although something I've noticed is the main reason we talk is to complain. To point out things we feel are wrong or things we think should change. We speak up when we want to bash something or insult someone.”

“Only once in a while do we stop to give praise or talk about something we like. So that is why I have torn your attention from your conversations and pulled you into mine.”

“I want to talk about what I like. I want to give praise to things around me. Now pardon me as I begin.”

Taegan stood up so she could walk around the bar and began her pace.

“You know what I love, what keeps me going, what has brought my ancestors back many times. You guys. What do I mean? All of you, friends, enemies, and people I haven't even met yet. I love the people around here. So many different personalities, so many different looks, and styles. I love the contrast and the similarities. All of you are so amazing, even if we may not be fans of each other either.”

“Have you ever just stopped and looked? To see how we each work with one another, even though you may not realize you are. That brief organized crime or a short exchange in a local bar like this one. Isn't it so interesting how everything here are connected? And if you change just one thing, it can change everything. Don't you love how that works? I do, it is so fun to sit and watch.”

“What about all these different enemies we take down? Quite often we all work together to destroy them, those Durden's, but we never really think about that do we? That we are all, in a way, working together to fight them? We even make competitions out of who can beat each other to get that Left or Right hand and their leader. Don't you enjoy this?”

“One thing I wish I did more was travel and visit all these amazing businesses. So many people have set up shop with these lovely establishments. We don't even realize that we're walking right by each other while we visit them, but many of us enjoy going to them. It is so nice to have a place to go and kick back with some friends at. Don't you think?”

“Oh I'm sure I could go on about many things I love or like here, but I more so want the rest of you to join me in praising things.”

Taegan stopped her stroll around the bar and then looked at everyone around her.

“What do you like or love about our lives? If you can't think of anything, maybe you should sit back and think about what keeps you here and going, then you'll realize that there are things you do like. So tell me, what is it?”

Report Post Tip

Dexter waits and when he sees his opportunity he steps up clears his throat and begins to speak 

Godmother Taegan this is a great topic and I am here to gives my thoughts on it. Now while getting into a power position whether it be CL or hand position is fun and satisfying there are other things that keep me around what are those you might ask?

Shooting and wars. While winning a race against other players is a great feeling or building a huge cannon that can bast through copious amount of bodyguards knowing that no amount of protection can stop you from having your enemy sleep with the fishes is great or staying up for a few days to shoot your enemies and out live them to lead your city/district to victory is always great fun and boy have there been a few great wars the last few years.

The thing that ultimately keeps me around is the thing that matters most in this world after all the dust settles after you die and come back fresh of the boat with your next of kin the thing that you will always have , friendship those people you share laughs with talk to everyday bullshit with the ones who get you through the good times and the bad. That's why I stick around the friends I have made over the years of playing will last me a life time the moments I've had with them I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world , the IRC trolling and chats in randomland , the skype calls (Vday , wars or just for whatever) are what I cherish above everything. So to everyone I have ever interacted with in some way you have kept me around I thank you for this and I know from the bottom of my heart I care for you all.

Aye money team!

Dexter then moves back into the crowd and makes his way towards Godfather Johnny 

Report Post Tip

Jono was sitting in a bar just off the street. Enjoying having a bit of a rant with friends and peers about what he didn't like in our world at the moment when he heard the sound of something tapping against glass. Turning around he could see the all to familiar face of Godfather Taegan as she was speaking. After listening to what she had to say his smile grew larger and larger before he piped up.

Godfather! It's so good to see you out here again and I must admit, you're making a lot of sense. I myself am a part of the guilty party that often brings opinions about things that need changing or of my general dislikes to the streets for all to hear and have their say on but you have flipped that around right here. There are two sides to a coin and the grass is always greener on the other side kind of thing. Sometimes it takes just one person to offer a different perspective to make a person think and realise there are other ways to breed creativity and activity in our streets. 

The one thing that I love most when my family takes up the mantle of mafioso is the ability to start from nothing and work your way up to the top of the pile with nothing more than a bit of determination, hard work and Ironfist demoralising. I love that one day I can be nothing more than a bit of dog poo on someones shoe and then one day, I could easily surpass that person and have them obeying my every command. Having said that though, we all or at least the majority of us here know i'm a lazy little bastard at the best of times. So quite often it could take my line a bit longer than others. Ha. 

The other thing would be something that you have already touched on. The community as a whole is an awesome thing to behold. The team work and the character building through friends and enemies alike is second to none. Be that when we as a whole community work together to send that bastard TylerDurden back to Delaware after destroying what ever crew he could muster or on smaller scales at crew level through inner district or family competitions or general chit chat about our lives. Hell, even in the most extreme of circumstances I wouldn't think twice about asking certain peoples advice about what is going on at home, outside of the headquaters. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL