Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:02:27
Page:  1 
The Manhattan Project (Protection Order) Started by: JohnnyNoname on Jun 13, '14 02:54

All tagged members from the Manhattan Project are not to be harmed for 14 days.

This order will end June 26th at 00:00

Thank you! 

Report Post Tip

I thought this will never be out after an hour of death of the leaders somebody called for a protection order of the members

I just find it a little funny it takes for a Godfather to release this order a little late

Report Post Tip

the choshu have been notified

Report Post Tip

The Chthonians have been informed.

Report Post Tip

Inglewood have been informed 

Report Post Tip

Death Star Have Been Informed. 

Report Post Tip

The Extra Chromosomes have been notified.

Report Post Tip

Why do people persist on confirming they have informed their members? The fact the list exists is to protect these people, its your responsibility to inform your members and no-one else needs to know whether or not you did inform them.

I'm not saying this to be a dick to those that took the time to tell us that they informed someone, I'm saying it purely because I've never understood why people tell us that they informed someone. What difference do these people believe this makes? If one of your members kills someone protected, you've removed any ability for them to claim ignorance, but other than that its acheived nothing?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
"I just find it a little funny it takes for a Godfather to release this order a little late"

Just because it was released to the masses...an hour after it happened? Clearly, we're slacking!

Ras chuckles and shakes his head.

For what it's worth, a mail to all upper structures (who I'm sure immediately forwarded it to their crews - I know I did,) stating this exact same thing was sent out mere minutes after this takedown.
Report Post Tip

Clearly, we're slacking!

Now, there's the company man! 

Report Post Tip

For what it's worth, a mail to all upper structures (who I'm sure immediately forwarded it to their crews - I know I did,) stating this exact same thing was sent out mere minutes after this takedown.

I dont want to disrespect anyone but hmm do you find it a little annoying when you see your mail box full of letters and when you read them all, "Protection order to this family, No killing on the members of this family and blah blah blah." it will take a minute to make simple 3 line speech in the street to protect the people that should be protected, like sending all the leader of this 3 line speech and make a chain letter to your members. Well kinda fun.

Report Post Tip
Well, look at this way StiffNeck...

With the annoying alerts we get (the blinky letter), notifying us that we have new mail, don't you think almost everyone is inclined to open it? Whereas I know for a fact that not everybody visits the Streets.

Granted, it almost goes without saying these days that all tagged members are under protection, I'd almost prefer it to only be announced when they're not going to be given the chance to be rehoused.
Report Post Tip
Instead of a protection order, which will be ignored for the most part, how about telling the masses why people where killed! That isn't asking too much, or is it?
Report Post Tip

I'd almost prefer it to only be announced when they're not going to be given the chance to be rehoused.

That is a tremendous suggestion. Sounds too much like common sense though.

Report Post Tip
Alas Tyrion, I can assure you if I'm ever in a position to start this trend, I will do so gladly.
Report Post Tip

I have always been of the assumption that it was done out of respect. A valued leader of this thing of ours takes time out of his day to come to the streets and request that everyone be notified of a protection order - a respectful thing to do is to respond and inform them that you have indeed followed through with informing your people. 

It's just respect, and acknowledgment. Plenty of people don't follow through with the practice, why knock people that want to go out of their way to add a little class to the game?

Report Post Tip
Chris, I think the point was that it is assumed that these crews were informed, so why bother airing it out to the Streets? Then again... It should also fucking be assumed that tagged members are under protection anyway, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not knocking the folks who state that they've followed the requests of whichever Leader makes a protection statement, rather backing up the reasons someone else might do so. Any which way, Rest in Peace to my fallen brethren in Manhattan.
Report Post Tip

My apology on my first statement, I do know that after that take down a mail to all the leaders is to follow. All I wanted to point out on this matter about a speech of protection is much better than the usual mail because to the leaders, one reason the members of the dead family don't know what they will need to do after their leaders death they don't know who are their allies or foes. They have no idea if they will shoot or hold their guns, They have no idea, they are all totally blank, do you think 30 minutes of waiting time for this people who lost a house is to much? yes it does. Specially if the attackers is a little incompetent to take a little 2 minutes of their special time to tell everyone what will be done with the few remaining after the said take down, rather they will take more time n their desk to how can he brag on his achievement.

Am not against Godfather JohnnyNoName actually am thankful for him to show here in our street to tell everyone about this matter.

Report Post Tip

StiffNeck what the fuck?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Really cant side with one or the other, some of my forefathers have seen families gunned right down to the bitter end.

From GF to gangster, reasoning? I guess the offer a certain protection.

Its a slick world we live in these days, I feel if people really want to see a certain families left overs not get pummeled they should state so in every way possible. As its already pointed out here not everyone attends the streets, but I can also assure you not everyone answers there mail box either.

Looks around at some of the swelling mailboxes.

If you truly want people protected I think no ins, or outs should be offered, all ground needs to be covered so if an attempt happens only the persons laziness is at hand to blame.

Just my two cents though.

Gives a nod and wanders off..

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Manhattan Project (Protection Order)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL