Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 21:58:02
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Shedding a little tear Started by: Achilles on Jun 16, '14 12:36

7 cities, 2 hour flights, goddamn shoot IAs, no districts, 1 GF per city. That'd be a huge step to fixing things.

Someone get Maria a DeLorean!

(I completely agree with that point, btw)

Report Post Tip

"If you remove districts, you are going to just get stockpiled cities again and the only real way that a group such as this one start fighting each other"

When i first started playing there were no districts and two hour flight timers. While i will concede that the districts and the absurd flight times add an element of realism to the game.<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> I feel the flight times and districts watered down a lot of once </font>prestigious positions in this thing of ours. Furthermore the removal of said districts and bringing the flight times back down to two hours would be a lot more beneficial in the long run than keeping the districts going.

For awhile the districts when they first came out a lot of people didnt really mind them but that time is gone and now they are stagnating certain aspects of the game more or less. If the admins were to remove the districts and bring the game back to the way things were when a lot of us started i believe activity would increase quite a bit. though with that said a some people would have to step down from their leadership positions or get forcibly removed if they step down. While i could understand why that in particular would annoy or even out right piss those people off but they are not seeing things long term but only short term. It is that point which prevents further progress so in closing in my opinion removing the districts would serve this community better in the long term than keeping them around besides who wants to be stuck in a city for 6 hours or sometimes more?

Report Post Tip

The "prestigious positions" have been getting watered down for years, long before districts ever reared their heads. To pretend that people will suddenly have to satisfy some sort of additional criteria other than having a good gun or the ability to train one to get auth because we remove districts is false. The players control who is given the prestigious positions and they are concerned primarily with their own longevity and therefore will not change their clearly established practice. 

Activity has also been on the decline for a long time as well. I doubt districts have helped "general activity" in terms of logging in (although I don't know that for a fact) but in terms of the street and character building through the forums, this again cannot correctly be laid at the districts' door as it has been declining for ages.

I'm not a fan of the districts, but lets not pretend that reverting to the old format is going to be a quick fix to all of the game's problems.

Report Post Tip

The simple fact is the game has more evolved into a team event then crew/family related.  As much as districts going would help restore a bit of pride to godfather and maybe create more conflict, is doubtful will change much and more of being with the in people will apply again.

It's not hard to read the streets, papers etc, and see how this has been repeated for a long time through roman, ps/ds. czylharzs and 303 that a few people control everything or the fact people allow it.  Part of the problem activity/game wise is the amount of effort needed to put into the game bipassing bgs and that what frustrates many.  I know at present maybe 50% of the game can shoot me with ease and i can still be ranging unable to hit anyone.

During past groups same way, have regilarly had 50-100 hour characters and that will be as far as it gets coz a war comes.  

Most people know is too many crews. so have an activity percentage within the last week to be able to launch a new crew e.g. a crew must have 25 active out of 40 members., then it applied to both crews if a third to be launched.  The truth is we could merge several crews into one from what i see with ia's held from april etc

Once an ia is a 1 week ia i believe should stop counting to boosts to a crewleader as yes i can understand lack of new people is a killer for recruitment but maybe will make people think about the work involved more.   The truth is i am sure it would be nice to be bold and be waiting to take gf somewhere but i don't think this should be possible with an ia crew, should be an activeness criteria there too.

The truth is with so many districts and any group having a strange hold on the game just all the gf boosts/cl boosts alone make it hard to change anything for anyone who wants too.  This then leading to other problems like the hoarding of credits where people live so long and can just iwp up again and again especially with some of the dice bets.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Shedding a little tear
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL